Photo

Moon Servers

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#41 Hardbar

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:51 PM

Well I heard about Battlefield 1942 from G4 back in the days when i still had G4. I saw people jumping on the wings of planes then jumping off and parachuting. I was amazed by what I had saw but sadly I had no PC that could run games well. So after a couple months I finally got a good PC but sadly totally forgot about Battlefield.
Then one day it was time to go back to school and I saw my good buddy Tim ([FF]Tim) and he said that he had gotten it for his birthday. I was like "Oh man ive heard about that game and I really want it" So months went by and finally I got it for Christmas. After playing a couple of the maps I got really freakin bored and would only play if Tim talked me into it. So I basically quit playing BF.
Then one day at school Tim told me about having this awesome score and that his score was high enough that it went off the charts. He also told me about TS and that he made good friends like Lin and such. So it took me awhile but I finally decided to go and play moon and dl TS. I was freakin amazed being able to talk to people, but sadly i had no clue where my mic was and Tacit K was laughing at me for having to talk on the game. So after 2 minutes of searching I found my mic and started talking to people. I liked the omaha map more than any other map and I started making good friends like Tony and Zane. Now Im here, getting better by watching people like Vass play and wanting to play more like him. Oh yea I also remember playing the first day and seeing Redbraker play and I swore that he was cheating... using a aim hack or whatever. Then I found out that he was really just hecka good lol.

#42 natesroom

Posted 15 August 2004 - 07:20 PM

DANGIT...just gimme a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it.

I hit a fork in the road, one said moon the other said where you came from. I choose the first.

#43 The White Feather

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:36 PM

Wow... deep... :gunsmi:

yup i no :pokey:

#44 Boondock Saint

Posted 20 August 2004 - 01:00 PM

Redbraker play and I swore that he was cheating... using a aim hack or whatever. Then I found out that he was really just hecka good lol.

Red does use a hack.....called the KATAB....."hecka good"....love that....hecka good..... :rofl:

KATAB= Kickin' All That Ass Biatch!

#45 destructo

Posted 24 January 2005 - 11:46 AM

MODERS----MOON-----END OF STORY!!

#46 Clan Hunter

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:29 PM

lol, the story ended in AUGUST! :bangin:

#47 waubamik

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:13 PM

i got hear quick once i got patched up for internet i loved omaha and I found the server i have found it frustratiing at times when it asks me for a password but i kept on playing and im still playing to this day :gunsmi:

#48 Spastic Colon

Posted 24 January 2005 - 02:21 PM

A friend of mine gave me his *cough*backup-copy*cough* of BF1942. He said it was awesome. So, I took it home and started playing it.

Since I was on a dialup connection, I figured I would be too slow to play well online, so I just played offline for a year.

Finally, after being connected with broadband, I started playing on servers. I always searched for the most populated, then searched for the lowest ping times. Moon seemed to always have both. So, I just started playing it as my main server.

I haven't looked back since!

P.S. I have since bought the game (used from Electronics Boutique). So I am NOT pirating. (Just had to add that.)

#49 pigpen

Posted 29 January 2005 - 01:22 AM

Twas the night before Christmas of 2004 and I was bored as every night before. When what to my wondering eyes should appear but a copy of BF left by my son so dear.
So I scrambled to fire up my beloved PC and soon was getting my butt kicked by players much more proficient than me.
I spent some time at many and varied sites and soon grew tired of getting hacked, spammed and the like.
And so I wandered in and not a minute to soon, to a grand site called the MOON.
I was met and welcomed with a verbal grin by the fabled voice of a charming admin.
She was cute and smart as she invited me in, Yep you guessed it rite, I had met Lin.
I met comet, cosa, destructo , enforcer and thought it was all to be seen
When I ran into cannon fodder, Usha, JTK and mean machine.
And one of the most memorable, whose voice had me cryan, you guessed it my friend I also met Ryan.
So some day when I graduate Troys boot camp I too will finally make up the arduous long ramp..... Hey it is great fun always .....Piggy

#50 OhTheHumanity!

Posted 29 January 2005 - 08:14 AM

I downloaded the Demo first cuz I'm one of those people no matter how good a game loox I won't pay money for it till I've tried it, even if I gotta warez it cuz the idiots who made it didn't bother to put out a demo, (which saved me a shitload of money with Doom 3, what a garbage multiplayer game that is....) anywhoo I liked the game so I bought it and stated out playing Wagoogees because when I bought the game I went lookin for Omaha strait away. I never tried TDM at first cuz I had been a Quake III player before that and had hated TDM in there, but I learned after a while these games are really different, like I LOVED CTF in Quake III but I hate it in BF1942. So I went to Bugs first, then Moders and finally here. I settled on here cuz Moders is down all the time, and Bugs only supports 26 peeps.

One of the complaints I have is these ignorant players who kill me when I'm playing. I mean COME ON! Can't we all just get along? ;)

#51 hotrodder383

Posted 29 January 2005 - 01:44 PM

well i bought the game shortly after it first came out...it was the first game that i needed to install a graphics card in order to run...anyways i played a LOT of single player since i didnt have dsl for the longest time so in order to keep myself entertained i'd do maps using nothing but a colt or a zook, i finally got dsl and spent a lot of time playing on a conquest server that crashed whenever it got to omaha, well as u can imagine i eventually got tired of this, as omaha is my favorite map...i stumbled upon wagoogee's 24/7...no admins, nade spam all the time, got tired of that and found bugs and moders, at bugs i pinged way to high and there was something about moders that i just didnt like. Then, one day i came across moon, played for maybe a week and liked the way it was ran and i got tired of not being able to get in whenever i felt like it so i bought a password and lin got me hooked up to ts and the rest is history

#52 Comet

Posted 29 January 2005 - 07:06 PM

After reading every ones post in this forum I came across one particular similarity! :huh:

Question: What do these players and this post have in common... ;)

Lead Poison, Jack, Kaiser, Comet, Cosa, FF Tim, Vass, Mame, Darkfall, Squirrel, Sniper Pilot, Hardbar, and Pigpen

Answer: They all make mention of Lin :pix: when talking about their introduction to Moon!

Thank you Lin :applaud:

#53 Lin

Posted 29 January 2005 - 07:18 PM

Hey, I'm just the greeter at the door. This community has been made not only possible, but highly successful by a bunch of people, from the Contributors who keep Moon financially going strong, to the Founders who started it all, to the Core who make decisions, Admins to manage the servers, Regs who play here and also keep an eye on things, Not-Yet-Regs who come back day after day, and the cool players that we get to play with...it has been an incredible ride!

:respekt:

#54 Nismo

Posted 29 January 2005 - 07:20 PM

when i first got the game i messed around on singleplayer when i found Omaha, after just watching Saving Private Ryan i played it over and over and over, so when i got to multiplayer i filter searched Omaha and found Moders Bugs Moon and wagogees(sp i know) so at first i saw the word grav. and immidiatly thought that it was low grav so i joined in. but when i found it was not low grav. i almost left until i got to the beach, it was absolute mayhem! so i added it to my fav servers list and kept coming back for :)

#55 Linux

Posted 29 January 2005 - 09:47 PM

I first got the game about a two years ago in the winter of 03, when my dad brought it home from work. He put it up, and at the time we had Satillite internet, so online play was out of the question. So I basically kept it to the side, casually playing a co-op game over LAN with my father and neighbor. During that summer, we upgraded to cable internet, and I spent countless hours playing Wagoogee's Omaha. However after the summer ended, I started up school, and basically dropped the game until I got a brand new computer for christmas. I started playing Battlefield again, and of course went back to Wagoogies. However after a while I was looking for a little something more. I, like Nismo, went to look for a Low Grav server, and saw Grav at Moon, and joined, at first feeling let down, but then realizing the tickets were going up, and you didnt have to spend all game trying to capture the beach, I thought I had found my calling. I played at this wacky server from about April til June off and on, getting on Team Speak at a time, and finding it all so fun. However in the middle of June, my 21" monitor BLEW UP!, so I dropped the computer games, had to go back to a 17" monitor, and basically played X-Box for a while. In late July, I finally decided to go back to Battlefield, finding Moon was still around. I got back on TS, and decided to join the forum. I of course didnt talk for my first month or two around here, but after I did finally get a decent mic, one that it didnt have to duct tape to my naked chest, I found a new world open up, and made many new friends. So since then, Ive been here, and only here. The tickets are wierd, and so are the people, but this is the kind of community I like, and that is probably why I stayed here.

Ending Post Now.

#56 waubamik

Posted 30 January 2005 - 02:01 PM

touching story

#57 Grease Arty

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:15 PM

Sinds June 2004 Its the first time for me for computergames at all (42) :D
Never concerned about FORUMS Etc. etc.

I purchased first the M.O.H serie but after a while its not fun.

Than I purchase BF42 serie & BF Vietnam because I like to play with equipment.
As everybody els playing agains the computer to learn gaming at all.
Its Capt Greasemonkey who told me what the possibilities where on on-line
gaming.
Now things getting somewhere and ofcourse you automatically discoverd
MOON server.
And yes Lin is a enormous "Welkom to Moon" lady. :rolleyes:
And after some time you discover that Moon Admins, Reg's, & players form altogether a superb community.
On TS its even more fun.
And the story still continue and hopefully never dies until I die :P

#58 NoConflict

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:31 AM

Good story Lin

Well mins kinda short

I was watching G4, when they awarded the award for best multiplayer game, it was BF1942. I was amazed. So imidatly i found a tryal version, at the time it was SW. I started playing that 1 map, and i was like WOW. I called my dad and told him to buy iy. he did. this game was soooo sweet. Then the first day I found BFTracks. I found there there were people with really high scores on this server (moon) so i checked it out. I love i t. It never rotates. its amazing. High scores too!

#59 Mawa [NOR]

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:35 PM

I had been playing the Demo versions for quite a while, and i finnaly decided to buy the game just before christmas. I quickly installed it, and tried different servers. Boy I was dissapointed! Many servers had no regulations, so many were cheating, and not to mention laggy! So I stumbled over MOON, and it just completely blew me. No lagg! Admins controlling the game! So when I quit the game that same day, I memorized the servers name, and Quickly put it on my fav. list. So the day after, I went straight to my fav. list, and entered MOON. And i remember that I was fascinated by the fact that I saw so many of the same players. The person I remember the strongest is Fish :) He always blew my head of...! And I remember I looked at his score, and though "God Damn! I am going to give him more deaths if that is the last thing i'll do" :). And I continued playing at MOON (Come to think of it, I dont think I have tested all the maps :blink: ) and i really liked to be there! Its, what shall I say? Its such a good enviorement there! :D And then one day I saw my name in the "Admin-telling-you-that-you-have-done-something-wrong-chat-section" someone telling me to get on TS (I had no clue on what TS was, but thats onother story :) ) And "little" me thought I had done something seriously wrong, and were going to be questioned by serveral admins who were going to ban me or something :) But guess what met me? A sweet soft and kind voice who was going to help me getting my TS settings ok. (Im actually going to buy a new soundcard to get rid of the static noice!) That just sealed my love for MOON. I cant actually wait to get this post done, so I can play!!. So I think Im going to end it here :)

Just a few words at the end. I just wanted you admins to know what an amazing job you are doing! (Mark: Amazing!) I mean, you could all just have been these big jerks, but I have not met an admin that has not been kind to the other players and me, and listened to what we have had to say! That is a major reason I am so hocked at MOON! Keep up the good work! :applaud:

(NOW im going to play! Fnally!)

#60 Enforcer

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:41 PM

Mama [NOR], I agree Fish does have a sweet sounding voice. Heh heh.. This a great story and exactly what we strive for here at Moon. A lag free server that actually have people watching the server and taking care of the smacktard play. If any of our players need anything, please feel free to contact any of the admins via our various electronic means.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com