Photo

IWO JIMA Mod

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 LeftMouseShoot?

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:03 PM

There is nothing worse then being forced as axis to spawn on that crappy beach. was camped in by 2 tanks last night and smokey noob. only 20 people on, tried salvaging map with knives only. Newer players went with it, Regs had nothing to do with it just kept killing on spawn. Also. since I like to complain as of late. whats with all these guys sitting on nade boxes when admins are not around? Only time it stopped was when SpareParts made it in/

#22 Moving Target

Posted 01 January 2017 - 12:57 AM

Keep flags where they are. If anything make suribachi an uncap, not the new flag. Last 2 times I've played it it just got to where axis was getting camped at that spot. A few more bunkers would be good.

#23 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:31 AM

Keep flags where they are. If anything make suribachi an uncap, not the new flag. Last 2 times I've played it it just got to where axis was getting camped at that spot. A few more bunkers would be good.

Adding bunkers cannot not be done, unfortunatly. As axis, could you not have spawned on any of the 2 naval vessels?

#24 Moving Target

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

Adding bunkers cannot not be done, unfortunatly. As axis, could you not have spawned on any of the 2 naval vessels?

I was on Allied, so I couldn't tell ya.

#25 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:33 AM

I just played the new Iwo yesterday. I like how the one flag has been moved so it isn't so close to the other center flag. My understanding is that it isn't cappable by the allies? I do not like that idea. It is nice having all Axis flags cappable for low population times with no admin on so we can agree on a cap out to run the next map. I personally wouldn't pout if the Axis ships stay, but do not feel they are necessary.

I would also like to expand on Miller's post:
Equipment (tanks, aa, stationary guns etc) can be added. Flags can be moved. Random spawn locations for flags can be added.
Buildings and static objects (most of them at least) CAN be added, but will be invisible. To be able to see them, everyone would have to download "patches" for the map. People needing to download extras is not feasible at this point in the game's life. I remember even when the game had thousands of players I would play on the nWo and *MAFIA* servers who had patches on their site for download and there was still constant complaints about "people glitching" and such because they had no idea about the mods and patches.

#26 Grassy

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:06 AM

Nice to see this has become a productive post :)

#27 Lin

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:47 PM

whats with all these guys sitting on nade boxes when admins are not around? Only time it stopped was when SpareParts made it in/

Always be sure to say something in game when this kind of activity is going on, and please name names, don't give player numbers. Those change with each map. If an admins is watching logs, they will know there is an issue, otherwise, we have no clue. :)

• Grassy and Grinch like this

#28 Moving Target

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:14 AM

whats with all these guys sitting on nade boxes when admins are not around? Only time it stopped was when SpareParts made it in/

Always be sure to say something in game when this kind of activity is going on, and please name names, don't give player numbers. Those change with each map. If an admins is watching logs, they will know there is an issue, otherwise, we have no clue. :)

A few things
- Didn't know about the numbers, as I've always called people out on those. Are they randomly assigned numbers, or do they have any meaning?

- Played Iwo the other day with only 5-6 players/side. Started on Axis, then we were spanking Allied. I switched for fun, and Axis started getting spanked. With a smaller crew axis players were able to sneak out of that bunker area because there was less people watching. With a group that small I didn't see the ships getting involved much. It was a fun little match. With a small group though it did drag on a little bit when Allied held most of the flags because the axis tickets don't count down automatically.

#29 gregefc

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

A few things
- Didn't know about the numbers, as I've always called people out on those. Are they randomly assigned numbers, or do they have any meaning?

- Played Iwo the other day with only 5-6 players/side. Started on Axis, then we were spanking Allied. I switched for fun, and Axis started getting spanked. With a smaller crew axis players were able to sneak out of that bunker area because there was less people watching. With a group that small I didn't see the ships getting involved much. It was a fun little match. With a small group though it did drag on a little bit when Allied held most of the flags because the axis tickets don't count down automatically.

The numbers aren't quite random. They're just based on who loads into the server first.

#30 LeftMouseShoot?

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:15 AM

Any word on fixing this map again? At least make a bleed? Noticed axis was down to beach flag tonight, and we did not bleed tickets. Not many players can play like that, for 45 minutes, having tanks and infantry sitting at your spawn. Any way to fix this? Make map disappear? 20 minutes for this map?

• Grassy and Grinch like this

#31 Renlist

Posted 29 January 2017 - 02:51 AM

The map rotation today skipped IWO JIMA  modded map and went instead to Gazala.  Gazala is still an iffy map, but it was better than the new IWO modded map. It's nice to have mods or admins present to do that.  I'll never get used to the new Iwo Jima modded.   It was probably tailored to the decreasing population of BF1942 player count now. 

On another note.  El Alemein  got "modded"  recently.  It's almost as if there is an attempt to get back to the 32 vs. 32 days of old. Those days are past. Cutting back on the frequent quick spawn of planes isn't going to encourage capping flags by other means. Those days are gone. Nice try tho.

Bring back El Alamein as a goofy plane crazy map,

While you're at it...admins....when are you going to make Battle of the Bulge main allied bases un-cappable?

When are you going to make Aberdeen main bases un-cappable?

Iwo  map gets modified in a way that I find laborious to play, yet,  Aberdeen and Battle of the Bulge still have not been modifed yet?  Wasn't there some discussion about that?  

I'm sick of BOTB being a 38 minute drag after both Allied bases get capped by Axis.     

Aberdeen is in serious need of having both main bases uncappable so as to keep the action going, and not get pathetic for the next 38 minutes.

Something to consider, besides banishing me.

#32 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:11 PM

i dont like the mod either.

it kind of removes any sense of urgency from the axis side. we lose airfield and suribachi? doesnt matter. we can always spawn beach.

#33 posi

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:05 PM

I'd suggest trading out the axis perm spawn for an lcup mobile spawn.

• Zap Rowsdower and Rubulator like this

#34 Renlist

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:26 PM

I'd suggest trading out the axis perm spawn for an lcup mobile spawn.

You're talking too radical a Sunday expansion pak type gameplay modification inserted into regular BF1942 maps.

Report to your local disintegration chamber at once!

#35 Grassy

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:20 AM

Ok here is an update:

The flags have been returned to normal axis has the island flags except for the beach. (Applause)  Allies have a carrier and Destroyer (not battleship) to start.

It seems Axis also starts with a Zero and no Achi.  Allies only has SBD and no corsair.

and............

Why does axis still have a carrier and destroyer?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

#36 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:25 AM

Both sides can be capped out now.

#37 Grassy

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:31 PM

so the beach flag can be capped by axis?

#38 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:54 PM

so the beach flag can be capped by axis?

yup

#39 Grassy

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:30 AM

Do axis get planes on airfield and carrier?  Not trying to be a pain in the ass...just trying to gain some knowledge?.   Ok I know I'm a pain in the ass..lmao

#40 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:44 AM

Do axis get planes on airfield and carrier?  Not trying to be a pain in the ass...just trying to gain some knowledge?.   Ok I know I'm a pain in the ass..lmao

Everything should be even, so yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com