Photo

Take a good look at this this topic. Picture says a thousand words.

Mismanagement big time

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 The Muffin Man

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:56 PM

Hey guys. I gotta question. Dont you miss the old days when the server was full? Speak out here and let your voice be heard. 

I gotta ask...when are you guys (admins and operators of moons servers) going to wake up?

Man...i mean....you just cant keep kicking the can down the road. 

You are never going to get the donations from me or anyone to keep this server alive unless you guys spice things up with your maps and rotation. You need pop. And pinning your hopes on Marketplace all the time aint working. 

One of the big killers (i believe) is that admins keep extending time on maps that suit their own fun agenda. Like market going down to the final last 3 mins and everyone waiting to go to another map only to see an admin extend the time another 15 mins, and doing this again again and again. Peeps leave in droves including myself. Play one map for 2-3 hours sucks. 

Also whats with only having 8 maps in rotation when there are over 20 maps or more that you could put in place? 

Take a good look at this picture i attached. Time was 3:30pm EST on Saturday afternoon. Dont you guys think this is unacceptable? 

Competition is taking all the players away from Moon and the players are going elsewhere. 

This server is going to go out of business unless something changes. Admins...Sr Admins.. WAKE UP! 

I felt that this needed to be addressed. 

I miss the ol' days. Bring back the maps and stop messing with the clocks. Also, turn on map votes. Give power to the players. 

Build it....and they will come! 

Thanks for your time. 

The Muff....

Attached Files

• Grassy likes this

#2 posi

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:22 PM

Except that ...  the rotations have been long ,  last week had Coral Sea inserted.

This Week has El Alamein , as highlighted by your screenshot.  Gee Whiz , I wonder if would have done better on Market?  Probably So.

I don't have rotations,  If I did,  5-7 Maps tops with manual insertions for anything else. When the server is stronger, open it up wider.

Long and short of it, the server hasn't been ran recently as you suggest.  It's coming off of 3 consecutive long rotations.  We're not putting CTF and TDM into rotation period, so there isn't 30 map choices as suggested.

When you see maps like Gazala , Coral , Midway.. in rotation it's a LONG rotation not a short one.   Those maps are not playable in the morning or at night when the server has less people.   They can be manually inserted and shouldn't be a threat of ruining a small game by being the next map and no Admin in site to change that.

I'd like to see more diversity also , in the form of an Event Server.  Your screenshot of a Low Population El Alamein to show how poorly Market did, when it ran 3 hrs earlier.  This does little to prove your point.   

• Twilight and -=TheTroopeR=- like this

#3 Spare Parts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:37 AM

I miss the "good ol' days" when people didn't drone on about the "good ol' days".  How many of those bots on the other servers do you think we can recruit over to here?  I am very much in favor of well thought out suggestions, when you have one, hit me up.

• -=TheTroopeR=- likes this

#4 Grassy

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:50 AM

Dude has a point about the timer being extended...I saw this the other day.   Team was in a full blown camp and getting beat down and timer was extended twice...scores on winning team were double that of losing team...and the ones extending the timer of course were on the winning team.  Population was dwindling as well..lol

One of the players even asked "would this be the time to implement the no camping rule"   to no avail.   ATF Oz I believe.

O well nothing here has changed in the least...lol

Back to Bf1  :)

• -=TheTroopeR=- likes this

#5 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:32 AM

Dude has a point about the timer being extended...I saw this the other day.   Team was in a full blown camp and getting beat down and timer was extended twice...scores on winning team were double that of losing team...and the ones extending the timer of course were on the winning team.  Population was dwindling as well..lol

One of the players even asked "would this be the time to implement the no camping rule"   to no avail.   ATF Oz I believe.

It was just a normal/evenish round until the last 15mins, when it became very hard to get a flag for allies. The pop wasn't dwindeling, the pop was about stable for about +- 2 players a side. Yes, one of the players asked (direct quote) ''is this the point when Admin restrict camping?'' not long later an admin popped in and gave out a friendly warning, even though the so called camp was barely there except for the occasional infantry or tank.

It appears nothing has changed with you either, LOL

• LeftMouseShoot? likes this

#6 Grassy

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

funny boy..lol

cya round

#7 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:01 AM

Extended time on a map, yes, that does seem to be out of place when the map is one-sided.

I also like to see the admin in game when things are changed.

I always thought Moongamers' policy was the admin had to tag up before any changes/kicks were applied?

I been here long enough to recall that policy.

People would not come to the forums and bring these things up if they didn't like your server.

I have always enjoyed the server.

Thank you for reading.

#8 Spare Parts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

Back to Bf1   :)

Come on Grassy, not cool.  When ATF whoever, asked about the camping rule, I tagged up, gave the first warning and was prepared to do more. There was 2 and a half minutes left in the game when this came up but I still was enforcing it.  Your "to no avail" and "nothing here has changed" are incorrect and insulting, even when you put "lol" at the end of everything. 

Its frustrating hearing that admins don't do anything, when you merely haven't noticed.  As for game extensions, close games get extended, fun matches get extended, and when I'm on I usually ask if people want more time.  If I am supposed to be doing something different please let me know.

• Captain John H. Miller likes this

#9 Grassy

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

I probably missed that I was too busy arguing with Twilight, aka the red hoodie..or the crimson coconut or whatever name he is using this week  about being camped right off the runway after takeoff.....I either missed the warning or left before out of frustration..but it actually had to take someone to "bitch" about it to get someone to do it.  

You guys need to use a bit of foresight...if someone is bitching...it means it should have already been called.

If I missed your warning my apologies.  At least you did it in the last couple of minutes to actually validate that it did happen.

People are not allowed to discuss issues in the server...totally get that.

However when the average joe comes to the forums to post a complaint or accuse someone of something.   Let me ask you something?  Is it ever taken serious?  Most of the time their post's are picked apart section by section by some of the admins..and the folks are talked down or insulted, and the thread is eventually locked.

Muffin is a great long time player that has a deep passion for the game, He makes a valid, sincere statement about the game and is immediately discarded and dismissed.   

• -=TheTroopeR=-, Grinch and The Muffin Man like this

#10 Spare Parts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

I probably missed that I was too busy arguing with Twilight, aka the red hoodie..or the crimson coconut or whatever name he is using this week  about being camped right off the runway after takeoff.....I either missed the warning or left before out of frustration..but it actually had to take someone to "bitch" about it to get someone to do it.  

You guys need to use a bit of foresight...if someone is bitching...it means it should have already been called.

If I missed your warning my apologies.  At least you did it in the last couple of minutes to actually validate that it did happen.

People are not allowed to discuss issues in the server...totally get that.

However when the average joe comes to the forums to post a complaint or accuse someone of something.   Let me ask you something?  Is it ever taken serious?  Most of the time their post's are picked apart section by section by some of the admins..and the folks are talked down or insulted, and the thread is eventually locked.

Muffin is a great long time player that has a deep passion for the game, He makes a valid, sincere statement about the game and is immediately discarded and dismissed.   

Muffin Mans post has three possibly four insults before he makes a point.  I don't respond well to this type of "sincere" but now that I know this is the bar set, I will be more accommodating. 

Muffin Man, I can only speak for myself, but the extending of time is never my first choice.  I, myself, would prefer the maps change after 45 minutes.  However, Moongamers, after 14 years have some pretty solid reasons to extend time.  Also your map change suggestions, as Posi explained, will not or can not be accomplished, I am sorry for this.

Harry Trigger, I believe the rule is different then you said, but regardless, If I have failed to tag up after making an in game command, I apologize.  I will endeavor to do better.  

#11 LeftMouseShoot?

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:32 PM

If muffin thinks the rotation drains the population more then a barrage of spawn camping, with equipment(mainly) then the soultaker is sadly mistaken. Every time a map changes, no matter what map, you lose a bit of population, it happens. Everytime you watch a team get camped into an uncap, you see the a more severe drop from my observations. You should know that soultaker, you do that quite often enough, the irony of it is, when it happens to you, you instantly drop out or idle. Fun times.

• Twilight and Captain John H. Miller like this

#12 posi

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

No one is being dismissive.  I didn't spin the fact that EL Alamein was doing poorly.   I'd manually run that map for the players and Guarantee it ran well.

For years this topic has come up, and for years it has been the same reply.  You want to see a map run, ask an Admin.   Does it mean it will run next? NO!   Ask the players what they want in game.  The first reply will often be a player trolling the server.   Lets see it's 11pm or 9am we have 16 players and they asked for Midway..   yeah we're going with that... NOT!  

Any Admin worth his salt knows better!  It doesn't mean that a GOOD Admin can't work in a large map within 3-4 sets.  Ask and you will get it!  

Do you remember the day you ran Philly and I recorded it Grassy?  I had wanted it to run... THAT DAY.   I was glad you ran it noticing the shoutbox request.  However..   Midway was also inserted and I would have backed off the request solely based on the fact that two long maps ran close to each other. I was attentive to every single factor,  and frankly sir, we lost 15 players not being more conservative.  But that's ok.   Sometimes we go long, and sometimes we go long again. 

Know that while you set , I could tell you what was playing on every other major server and what they played prior.  What the last 5 maps were played on Moon regardless of who set them.  

'We' , are paying attention sir.  We are not dismissive of the players. We attempt to function as a team.  We're always looking for new members for that team.  The past has shown though..   you don't want to be a 'weak link' in that team.

#13 The Muffin Man

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

Why does everyone have to be so bitter about trying to solve problems? Cant we all just get along?

One thing i see above that gets mentioned but not addressed...Yet questions still remain.  

Can you guys tell me why additional maps cannot be added to the map rotation? WIth over 20 maps in the whole BF1942 library, tell me why cant Battle of the Buldge be added? Why cant Bocage CTF or Wake CTF be added? Why cant Battle Axe CTF be added? Seldom used maps - pop builders for sure....AND Posi you say you cant have CTF when server pop is low...Soution? Turn on Map Voting so the few players that are there can elect and vote for a new map.

Which leads us to the next question.....Why map voting cant be turned on?

These are simple things that add some fantastic options to the players time in the server and make things anew. You guys are dealing out day ol bread everyday and everyone has had enough. Market Garden is toast, Why cant a new map be the pop builder? Throw in and add some new maps, see where the pop builds on go with it. 

And those of you who complain about what i have done in the past, this is the real reason why nothing has or is being done. All you do is bitch about being scorned.

Long live Moons BF1942 server, but with 10 to 15 players a day, just how long do you all think Moons server will live?......

You guys gotta wake up and make things happen. And if you dont, all will be lost.

People hate change and i understand that yet progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. 

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.

Thank you for your time again.

The Muff

#14 Lin

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:58 PM

If you truly want to make a point, don't be afraid to include important information. How many players overall were playing BF1942? Long gone are the days when all servers were full 24/7. These days, depending on the day and time, a handful of players may well equal 25-50% of the overall population playing BF1942.

Someone else already caught this; the other major thing that sends players away and has been a hot button for some time: camping. Oh wait...

The good old days are long gone and the reality is that there is nothing anyone can do to bring them back. What we have been trying to do, other than be the last server to eliminate camping, is to try to keep as many players as we can happy with the game. Notice I did not say all of the players, because no server or community can keep all of the players happy. That would not be realistic, would it? But if we can rotate what we do, how we do, what maps to play, etc enough to please the majority of players at one time or another, I don't think we can ask more. The things you hate, others love. The things you love (*cough* camping *cough*) will send other players away in droves.

In order to make a salient point, you need to bring some honesty to the table and look at all sides, not just your own. If we were running the server just for the admins, they would have been playing with themselves long ago. The admins run the server in different ways for different players or groups of players. We will continue to do so.

Thank you for your post.

#15 Lin

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:07 PM

Can you guys tell me why additional maps cannot be added to the map rotation?

Posi already did tell you, you just don't like the answer. We have monitors watching this server 24/7, we know the size of the population. We change the rotation up every 1-2 weeks, we add in different maps and take others out. But you probably won't find the monster maps in rotation, because when there are only a few players on the server, it's a bore. The admins are taught how to change maps, and asked to change them when there is appropriate population in the server to do so. Which brings us to the next question...

Why map voting cant be turned on?

We feel this would be detrimental to the server, and not particularly helpful. We tried it years ago with bad results.

Now I have a question.

Why do we have to keep answering the same questions? The history of our responses and reasons are in the forum. There is a search feature. Please try using it, and you will certainly find answers. :)

#16 Grassy

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:41 PM

Listen I'm so sorry to cause all this grief. I rarely play anymore, and then pop in the server, and then I come in here And make a huge ripple in the pool. Unfortunately some situations bring out the worst in me.

My apologies to the admin team and all the people That I pissed off.

#17 The Muffin Man

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:17 AM

So quick to dismiss....Why even bother?

I believe i do not need to say anything more past this post herein and after having played on Moons BF1942 server for over 8-9 years now i think i am able to lend some credit to what i am about to say.

If you all cant get your act together and make changes, and see that the picture that i took in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday shows signs of weakness and dig deep into those numbers you see, it will inevitably tell you the tale of your fate in the time to come. Try doing a search on that.  

Lin..Please do not lecture me about reading vague dialogue from others who post and do not make statements about of why something cannot be done unless you can layout statements with elaborate detail of why YOU CANT so everyone here can see both sides of the issue(s) at hand without having to go on one selfs time and do a "search". We are all sitting at a table right now. Speaking their minds. No? I created a forum table here to simply voice out a serious concern and issues i see that may be detrimental to your servers longevity. I didnt ask you to come sit at this table and speak, did i? No....You helped yourself and i am fine with that. However, I didn't ask you to write here did i? No, you walked in and spent your precious time to lend words into this conversation. Now please have a seat. 

Clearly Lin we are right back to Grassy's statement. Grassy...well said and well done sir, no need to apologize for speaking your mind; at least someone has the gull to speak up and speak his own mind instead of side stepping around to make light of the real issues.

Most of the time..."you all - top brass of Moon" Its like Grassy said....All you guys do is look for ways to pick someones issues apart, talk, complain, talk some more and in the end....the same o some o and you all are out to make someone look and sound stupid and pathetic - i.e. (Camping? really? - Oh wait...) You Lin have the rule in place and belch out that its allowed yet all of you moonie brass continue the rule and bitch and complain about the players who do it - In addition to the aforementioned, what are you holding onto? More continued grief with letting camping go on? - I am all for eliminating it, get rid of it - i play on Simples server, top player on the roster and yet play with a no camping rule and i have complete fun playing with a no camping rule. Camping on Moons server is eroding the fun factor. Sure i camped. So what. Its a rule that said i could. Get rid of camping and get rid of the complaining. Thats a start. 

To continue...Words are one thing and action is another. Lin in your words above, i do not see a single thread that reads of an offer of a positive solution or change to the issue herein. Where is the positive words in any of your diatribe? The worst thing a person at the top can be is a person who is in denial. In reading above, i also read threads that you have mismanagement within your ranks and it reeks. Where is corrective measures there? Hidden....with no action? 

Look....The words im offering is to try something new for the benefits of everyone here..To add the voice, to read, and comment on, to push thru the barriers of constructive dialogue and get some serious change implemented. Think about it....Why would i or do i spend my precious time here to write and make for commenting about a site that i rarely ever post on? Because i do care, i did have fun, yet i see the impending problems on the horizon, and wanted to voice my concerns that a change the way things have been going needs to be implemented. Do nothing, and see what happens and in an instant....death may be imminent of once was a great place to play...as it will be written in the history books. 

I am not here to cause an uproar - only asking to to sit at the table here and speak up that something needs to be done and that the picture i took (at a moment i see as a problem) does tell of some serious and eroding issues at the doorstep of Moongamers BF1942 server and it isn't going to get better unless your denial is laid to rest and that you change it up. 

You (Lin) said.....We feel this would be detrimental to the server, and not particularly helpful. We tried it years ago with bad results.

Now I have a question.

Why do we have to keep answering the same questions? The history of our responses and reasons are in the forum. There is a search feature. Please try using it, and you will certainly find answers

Who is "we"? Why do you feel it would be detrimental to the server and not helpful? Everyone speak up here! What happened years ago that made map voting turn into bad results? Ive played here for 8-9 years now and have never seen map voting. How long and far back do we have to go? No reason was ever written. Simply put...Map voting works fine on Simple's servers. I play the USA and France servers and it works just fine. You know why it works? Because its democratic. Not a communist regime where only a few of the top elite can make decisions for the many at the bottom. Perhaps things would be different if you tried map voting again. 

Now why would i do a search and read-on day ol'bread of threads that would make no difference in the problems that lay before us today? Did those words 5 years ago create cause and affect for the impending problems that lay before you today? If i read a thread from 5 years ago, what is that going to do with this conversation here today? THINGS HAVE CHANGED AS TIME HAS GONE ON! How is anyone going to channel effort to fix a problem unless it is written here in this post now? I cant copy and paste our way out of a problem can i from 5 years ago?

What i sense is complacency of having to address real issues today Lin. For someone to dismiss someones issues and to tell someone to leave it to a search - shows why where are here talking about this in the first place. We or myself wouldn't have had questions in the first place if changes and corrections were made. And granted, you may not make everyone happy, but clearly there are more unhappy than happy within the gaming of BF1942 on Moon and Moongamers in general thus the need for donations...thus the need to seek out new members...thus the need for more players.  

Leave things status quo....And let the chips fall where they may.

Enough said. 

The Muff

#18 Colonel Tavington

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:31 PM

4744.jpg4iFkG.jpg

• Angerfist likes this

#19 LeftMouseShoot?

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:42 PM

last time I checked, I forced myself to be player 0 on simple and happily enough for me I got to choose my own map before anyone connected. It was so much fun I constantly did that so I could play the maps I wanted. Not sure if that ever happened on moon, but it gets annoying when the first 1-5 people connect faster then the rest and they only need 3 votes to get an instant map change. Practiced doing that all the time on GA servers 10 years ago. Im sure they have amended these things in the last patch..... or no one has been around long enough on simple to realize they can do it. Maybe that's why you frequent the top of the scorecard. Oh well,

• Lin likes this

#20 gregefc

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:42 PM

Sorry but a big reason moon struggles deals with something completely out of their control. The NA player base can't even hold a candle to that of Europe any more. There are at least double the amount of European players... which is why the one or two servers over there are always populated. It has almost nothing to do with how anything is administrated. If you were to go complain like this to those Euro servers you would just get laughed at. Map rotation has absolutely nothing to do with why the server isn't as populated any more.
  • Lin, King of the Squirrels, posi and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com