Photo

BF3 Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Grassy

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

OI am having an issue of not being able to join any servers. I see them in my list, however The ping columns for each server are empty. I opened the cmd prompt and can ping our server ip for BF3. However there is no ping registering in the server list.

In addition I keep getting told on my Bf3 page there is a BF3 Browser plugin update which is java based that is available. I believe this is the problem. I tried installing this update and it simply doesn't work. I uninstalled it and disabled the plugin in my addons as well.

Could this possibly have something to do with the DDOS attacks on EA/Dice?

#2 Section8

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

First, sorry to hear you are having such a hard time getting the game to work. Been there done that and it sucks.

However, it might be a good idea to list what system you have to narrow it down for people.

Although I am far from a "tech head", I have been reading on the subject and it appears a host of people are having this issue with many remedies. One suggestion in the other thread concerned the router and I read where they had to go in manually and open the ports so the game would run. This is not a suggestion but merely something someone did to get BF3 working.

I have an Acer computer. (sucks for me, lol) It has a file called eDSloader.exe that is part of the security system and is needed on start up. However, this little gem, is the sole reason punk buster would not work when trying to help seed BC2. Fortunately, I had done some reading and discovered this was the culprit. By using Game Booster, I was able to temporarily turn this off and play the game. No idea if this is the same kind of situation but thought I would put this out there.

Hopefully, others will have a "hark!" moment and start the ball rolling again.

Section 8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com