Photo
- - - - -

New Cadets Sign in Page!

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 There is no Spoon

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

Welcome to the Moongamer’s Fleet!

We are a casual but organized International community dedicated to improving gameplay through team effort. It is a pleasure to have you join us here. Joining a fleet is necessary to become a successful online player.

- Special fleet features.

You may have noticed now that you belong to a fleet that you can access your own personal fleet star base now from the transwarp tab from space. You have also unlocked special fleet uniforms and tailor options as well as new fleet events that will earn you fleet credits. http://www.moongamer...showtopic=59973.
Fleet credits are necessary to purchase special “fleet only” ships, weapons and assets that will ensure you a healthy Star Trek career.

STO at times can be quite overwhelming but do not fear. Here at Moongamer’s Fleet, we have your back. If you have, any questions or want to join us for a star battle come in team speak, www.teamspeak3.com and speak to a real live admin at moonts.sytes.net.

Live well and prosper.
Spoon

#2 Enforcer

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

I can attest to this. Spoon and the fleet have been nothing but gracious for some Noob captain trying to make his way through space. Thanks for all the help Spoon, look forward to playing again with you guys.

#3 duff

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

ehm...yeah im kinda new here *cough cough *wearing fake mustache

so...wheres my free contraband?

#4 smegga

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

me.. me i'm a noob, so can i claim my contraband back? please, please, pretty please.

#5 zzz

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

H E L L O

#6 Geronimo

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

#7 Thumper

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

Good day gents (and ladies if there are any)

Though I am not new to the game it has been a while since I played it, just reinstalled it last night to give it another go.

Spleen has linked me up with the fleet and gave me some stuff (don't know if that was the"contraband" that was discussed)

I will check my ingame name tonight but I think it is thumper7458 or just thumper.

I have played MMO games before (W.O.W) and I have to admit that when the game starts to become more work than fun I tend to put it on hold and move to something else.

Being that that this has a very similar game structure as most other RPG MMO's IE Auction house, Grinds, Raids, Banks, Guilds, etc it should be simple to pick up however due to the genre of this game I find it to be much more technical and not very intuitive (could be just me though).

Question #1:

Does anyone else find this game somewhat laggy when visiting a starbase or any other over populated player area, mine gets choppy in these area however it appears to smooth out when I leave these places.

Question #2:

The tutorial missions are good however I am usually left with questions, more so about optimization of skills, what ships are good (I know this is personal preference and each ship plays a certain role in a group), What skills are best to increase first to expedite advancement.

BTW I think the navigation system in this game is crap (at least for a beginner) knowing where to go is one thing figuring out how to get there is a whole different ball game (personally I think the maps a very convoluted and confusing). I'm sure once I've played for a bit more I may warm up to it but as a beginner it's balls. :wacko:

#8 duff

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Question #1:

Does anyone else find this game somewhat laggy when visiting a starbase or any other over populated player area, mine gets choppy in these area however it appears to smooth out when I leave these places.

Most people i know have long load-in times @ the earth-space-dock, especially when theres a "tour the universe"- event going on, because @ this time most of the players go in and out the earth-space-dock. but once loaded in, i never had problems with lags :/

Question #2:

The tutorial missions are good however I am usually left with questions, more so about optimization of skills, what ships are good (I know this is personal preference and each ship plays a certain role in a group), What skills are best to increase first to expedite advancement.

hmm..this is a good question. it depends what kind of officer u are (science/tactics/engi). i personally skilled my character completely wrong, so i had to get a "retrain token" to reskill him. those go by 500 Zen. (i financed it completely with dilithium i earned ingame because i have and will never spend 1 euro to that game.) best thing is to read a little bit on sto-websites about the different skills and decide then what would be the best for you.theres also a skillplanner online --->Skillplanner
what skills u should learn in the very beginning is hard to answer. u can also dont skill anything and wait until u have decided for yourself what u want to skill.

#9 Jedsia

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

HELLO Captain Jedsia Here Lookin for my contraband! =)

#10 Tavari

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

contraband??

#11 Sokar

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

im a noob :wtf:

Sokar :ban:

#12 There is no Spoon

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Thumper, Tavari and Sokar,
Thank you for your sign in and welcome to Moongamers..your contraband awaits you. Even you Ms.Tavari, (Your pretty demanding):whippingsmiley: Good for you girl.

Spoon

#13 Tavari

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

LOL :P

#14 Sarge

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

I still have my account but dont use it daily ;)

#15 There is no Spoon

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Well Sarge, now that I paid you your coontraband you need to come in and play to use it. Dont worry Ill be there to walk you through. Baby steps...Dont be afraid of the trek. ; )

Spoon

#16 Warrior124

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Hey guys, what's up? I'm not in the fleet yet, but my handle is John T Kirk@warrior1242 :)

#17 jack@iplaystartrek

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Hey all, the most STO gamers know it, but just to write it : Iam member since the 27.12.2012.

#18 zzz

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

me inna...me noob...

#19 Thirteen

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Many of you know me from AOF as LT. General Thirteen[AOF] or LTG.Thirteen[AOF]. My time has mostly been playing Eve-online where I have been given the role of Director of a 0.0 corp which is a huge undertaking. But alas, there are times where I just don't want to do that game and I would like a more casual game play.. DOD:S was that outlet, but lately I am just burned out on it.

I started to play with STO and ended up in the Fleet here. (mostly because of people in STO Moongamers fleet knowing me.)

My in game toon or character or whatever is Lt.4 Vill'nyl@mrthirteen.

I am completely lost in this game and find when people are trying to show me stuff, I miss other things trying to keep up with my instructors not wanting to slow them down because I am so appriciative that they at such a high level take the time to spend teaching noobs like me.

This group of gamers is a great group and they will kill themselves (in game of course) to help.

I am going to be on and off but I"ll poke in from time to time.

Live long and propser,

Vill'nyl@mrthirteen

#20 Enforcer

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Welcome all to Fleet Moongamers. We hope you enjoy your time here and if you have a question, please post it up and a response normally is within a few hours. We are all here to have fun so please, enjoy yourselves while here and let us know if there is something we can do to make the game more fun for you. For, if it makes it fun for you, it may make it better for someone else as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com