Photo

Bring back events

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 BulletRain

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:23 PM

i think that bringing back the events like you guys use to have will get some more players on. just and idea

#2 LewiQ

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:09 AM

i think that bringing back the events like you guys use to have will get some more players on. just and idea

What events were these? I'd love to see a pirates event!

#3 posi

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:50 AM

What events were these? I'd love to see a pirates event!

I have requested a utility server for event planning. There was a day when you used to be able to use your own game to open up a server and host something for for a few friends. This is much harder to do without help and I realize this.
It is great that you came to forums to express interest. I also have a high interest in seeing events run in some limited fashion... recognizing fully the age of the game and the importance of a strong strong vanilla population.

Interest and/or inquiries have been voiced multiple times for events in , Galactic Conquest, Eve of Destruction, Pirates, and recently Parcours Challenge.

Pirates would be as good as place to start as any, with this mod in particular.. It would be my view that the event would do better hosted by team-simple.. we could send our pirates to a server they set up.

Parcours.. can be hosted anywhere as 'ping' is not important.

G.C. Takes a dedicated server and needs admin supervision. It would need multiple events, the interest in it is.. growing as the interest in the new star wars films grows.

E.O.D. Has a coop server running now.. a few of us have visited it. With a utility server, time and work... we could do grand things with E.O.D.

#4 mexican eskimo

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:55 PM

I remember Parcour being fun. Pirates is weird, the bullets are useless.

#5 birney

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:14 PM

sheepville.

santa(Starts at 1.50)

DESERT COMBAT

ZOOK FEST

pirates

chitty

Dont have parcours - Sorry

#6 posi

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:58 PM

I have canned footage of some moonies playing on parcours actually..

I have a request outside of forums to film parcours , and there has never been a 'solve' video for parcours 2 .

The solve video for Parcours 2 is reason enough.. 6 - 12 people for that is ideal. Not all events require a huge population.

#7 mexican eskimo

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:59 PM

yea, parcour doesn't even need that many.

Although it does feel very santalandish outside, sans snow of course.

#8 LeftMouseShoot?

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:14 PM

Sounds like a fun time over the weekend to have some adventures with the moonies :)

#9 King of the Squirrels

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:55 AM

We also ran other events

We had boot camps.

Colt fest
Zook fest
Nade fest

Jeep fest then jeep racing.

Admin vs reg matches

The Halloween events and Christmas.

The are great mods as well. 1918, EOD, pirates, interstate. Plus several other mods i have never tried. the civil war mod. Stargate. The are our 250 total mods out there and 35,ooo maps.

Lots to see and do.

#10 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:28 PM

Good ! The menu is vast, so what shall we have first ? DC maybe ?

#11 Renlist

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:01 PM

Good ! The menu is vast, so what shall we have first ? DC maybe ?

Heh, Galactic Conquest?

#12 LewiQ

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:46 AM

Hey Bullet, a mate of mine called Pauler has told me he knows of someone who does some events, there may well be a pirates event coming up too! I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.

#13 posi

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:14 AM

A G.C. server has went up. I don't know who.. perhaps Blue Drake. I had pointed him recently in that direction.

His youtube channel draws a lot of attention to Battlefield.

Edit

I was correct, and have had brief conversations with him. It appears to be stable and running for those that have the mod.

I haven't convinced him on 'free cam' , review would limited.

#14 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

A G.C. server has went up. I don't know who.. perhaps Blue Drake. I had pointed him recently in that direction.

His youtube channel draws a lot of attention to Battlefield.

Edit

I was correct, and have had brief conversations with him. It appears to be stable and running for those that have the mod.

I haven't convinced him on 'free cam' , review would limited.

I.P ?

#15 posi

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:26 PM

it's FCV Galactic Conquest - I.P. 107.150.52.98 :14567

He has it running space maps , and there are a ton of settings I would love to have different but.... it is LIVE!

#16 posi

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:56 PM

There is a popular Video Review channel looking at the Battlefield mods currently. To the table , he brings 40'000 subs and an established group who will download in force to experience featured games.

I have been chatting with him and the players. In fact many of them have stopped by our vanilla server while they gathered numbers for their events.

This is a boost in population to many events we have talked about. Extra, people and video promotion of SW/RTR hosted right here has been talked about.

Whoever would like to join me, I intend on taking some time Saturday to boost events being hosted in Galactic Conquest and introduce new players to Battlefield 1942.

#17 Jim2102

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:00 PM

ok guys, me and posi have planned an event for Parcours Challenge 1 & 2. We have not yest planned a time for the event, but u can still join the server ;)

IP: 73.52.191.152
Port: 14567

We'll let u know when we have planned a time ;)

EDIT: if you try to add the server to the list, itll not work, some servers just dont showup in the list anymore :( so what u have to do to join the server, is click "add server" then type in ip and port, then click join. Boom ur on the server

#18 posi

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:02 PM

ok guys, me and posi have planned an event for Parcours Challenge 1 & 2. We have not yest planned a time for the event, but u can still join the server ;)

IP: 73.52.191.152
Port: 14567

We'll let u know when we have planned a time ;)

EDIT: if you try to add the server to the list, itll not work, some servers just dont showup in the list anymore :( so what u have to do to join the server, is click "add server" then type in ip and port, then click join. Boom ur on the server

This is another grand idea.. Surely a parcours event is a 'one time event' that is revisited every few years. I mentioned to Jim finding a server that could host and show in the in game browser was necessary.

#19 posi

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:46 AM

PapaBear has agreed to host a Parcours Challenge event. Saturday Dec 20th

It will be recorded for a 'solve' video. 12 People should suffice , anyone is invited !

#20 Jim2102

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:10 AM

PapaBear has agreed to host a Parcours Challenge event. Saturday Dec 20th

It will be recorded for a 'solve' video. 12 People should suffice , anyone is invited !

Are u sure? I can host the server, but if u want him to do it, that is fine ;)

Make sure to put both Parcours 1 and 2 in there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com