Photo

Turning the timer off on Market Garden Sunday night

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:15 AM

Market Garden is the rotation map that seems to come up soon after, if not first,  after a day of expansion play.  Then the timer gets turned off and its Market Garden for the next 2 hours.

Where are the Sunday night admins?  I'm talking 9:00PM PDT onward.   Market Garden each Sunday night after 1 hour and counting could  use a map change to a smaller map like Stalingrad or Berlin, to keep the action fresh.  Maybe Coral Sea or Battle of Britain.  Then have the server reset to the normal rotation.  By that time, the server has reached its lowest population anyways.  

A lot of work to do that.  Better  is to have an admin Sunday nights when Market Garden is 2 hours old  with another 600 points to go...counting down one point every 4 seconds if you're lucky, with another hour of Market Garden play to finish up.  

I suppose taking off the timer and moving to a next huge map would  empty out the server just the same.

Let's get some Berlin and Stalingrad going late Sunday nights after the expansion pack play.  Market Garden each Sunday night with no countdown timer is getting a bit stale.

#2 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

deja vu

#3 Renlist

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:19 PM

Yup.  I was just about to quote myself, or, copy and paste from another earlier thread.

Anyone have the log of last nights (Sunday night) marathon Market Garden play?  How long did that sucker last?  3 hours?

The pilots saw plenty of good action, I can't say that about how the game play went.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Even some vets left.  Hillbillyninja is the leading scorer on this server and was leading everyone and even he couldn't see hanging around for another hour, so he left, as did I.

2+ freaking hours of Market Garden is enough, thank you very much. The thing is, the same situation happened last Sunday night too.

You might as well make a new announcement in these forums.  "Sundays will consist of RTR and SWW2, followed by 3 hours straight of Market Garden."

#4 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:50 AM

ROFL ?

is indeed not good for server population a map run for 03 hs or long,  lets wait admins note this is an ongoing issue and do something about it.

#5 mexican eskimo

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:36 PM

I do agree, there have been times where time timer is taken off on Market when would be nice to have on.  Imo, wait and see how things play out.  I think it's better to just add more time incrementally, than drop it off all together, especially on market it really isn't all that difficult to keep the bleed off by holding some gray flags.  Market has always been a good seeding map, but when a game is going on for several hours players get bored.  

#6 Rubulator

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:04 AM

(Disclosure - I :hearts: Market)  I usually only like timer add/stop when its a fairly close game (100 pts)(200 Market).
If its a one sided drubbing, it really makes it un-fun for 1/2 the players and boring for most of the rest after a while.

I would also suggest (If admin is on) reducing time in clear blow outs. Like at the halfway point if its clear the other team has no chance of a comeback.

#7 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:16 AM

(Disclosure - I :hearts: Market)  I usually only like timer add/stop when its a fairly close game (100 pts)(200 Market).
If its a one sided drubbing, it really makes it un-fun for 1/2 the players and boring for most of the rest after a while.

I would also suggest (If admin is on) reducing time in clear blow outs. Like at the halfway point if its clear the other team has no chance of a comeback.

That's the thing, there isn't always an admin on to do that. And because of that we sometime take the time off of Market or put the timer on 2 hours.

• Rubulator likes this

#8 Rubulator

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:01 PM

That's the thing, there isn't always an admin on to do that. And because of that we sometime take the time off of Market or put the timer on 2 hours.

All good. Just some, as George Carlin would say, brain droppings...

#9 King of the Squirrels

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

Just adding time or shorting  does not always work. Depending on if time has been added or not.  It cause problems and can skip to next map.  There are times when as admin were working on other things as well. I may want more time just to do the admin thing.

• Rubulator likes this

#10 Renlist

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:15 PM

It's ridiculous when the score is lopsided and there's no timer.  It's slow enough when the tickets slowly count down if one side has all the flags.  It's excruciatingly slow when one flag gets capped and the ticket countdown then stops, except for kills.  Then we're talking a 2+ hour map, which is just ridiculous.  Also note this, after the marathon Market Garden ends,  having switched from the earlier RTR\SWW2 to the regular rotation, the server empties out.  Everyone is just too exhausted from the marathon session of Market Garden on Sunday nights to want to play the next map.

So I suggest once again, don't remove the timer for Market Gardens on Sunday nights (except for tight matches  near the end)  after finishing up the expansion pack play.  It's a proven server killer for the next map in the rotation.  I say this because that is exactly what has occurred the past two Sunday nights.

#11 Angerfist

Posted 16 May 2015 - 12:40 AM

It's a proven server killer for the next map in the rotation.  I say this because that is exactly what has occurred the past two Sunday nights.

I don't have a Doctor title in statistics but measuring / witnessing something two ( 2 ) times is not really the basis to proof a theory.  :cry:

• -=TheTroopeR=- likes this

#12 Renlist

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:05 PM

2 weeks in a row constitutes a disturbing trend with me. We'll see tho.

Late Saturday night (10:45 PDT),  it was good to see Stalingrad put in as there were much less people playing.

Jolly good, jolly good show.

#13 Renlist

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:54 PM

It's a proven server killer for the next map in the rotation.  I say this because that is exactly what has occurred the past two Sunday nights.

I don't have a Doctor title in statistics but measuring / witnessing something two ( 2 ) times is not really the basis to proof a theory.  :cry:

Dude, you're the worst of admins for this game.  Case in point: Monday 5-18   6:40 PM PDT, you restart the Aberdeen map after we had just been playing it for 45 minutes.  Worse than that you turned off the timer at 1400 tickets.  What the fuk is wrong with you?!  That map will last  2+ hours after having just played it 45 minutes.  You're the one turning off the timer of the first map of the rotation after Sunday Expansion packs these past two weeks also.  Question, do you own this server?

• mexican eskimo and Angerfist like this

#14 Angerfist

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:32 PM

Thanks for posting. From the bottom of my heart. 

I really was hoping that one of the guys who were bitchin in the server earlier actually go to the forums to tell me and the world (even though the world) how shitty I am. I kinda had the feeling it would be you, don't ask me why, I might have the "good guessing hack" but who knows. 

That will make my admin life a lot easier, It will take less of my time away, I can simply say "check the forums" instead of explaining the same stuff on about 350 / year to the same guys over and over. Thanks a lot Renlist, I'm actually really thankful. I owe you something. 

I'll answer the post later, not sure when though. I could invent some excuses why, but I'll stay honest. First of all, I need a tissue to wipe the tears away. The reason : finally (after all those years!) I can be pretty sure you actually mean the stuff you are posting, and can kill the thought that you might be just trolling. That's the problem with guys like you, I never know if you seriously mean the stuff you post or if you are just trolling, simply because your version and the truth are so far away from each other that's it's tough to believe that you are serious. Another reason is that I'm hoping one of your soulmates jumps on the train and accuse and insult me more. Would be more details to clarify and myths in a single post. On one hand, I think that this post here could keep a lot of guys like you away, on the other hand : there are so many people asking the same stuff every 2nd day in the server, even if Admins explain stuff in an honest way. That kinda makes me think that most of the guys don't care about the answer, or they forget it pretty soon, or they simply think that Admins here have no clue. Who knows. 

Anyway, I just read that I'm the worst Admin and was thankful. I'll read the rest later. I basically knew what the content would be when I read the title and who posted it, the question was just how high the level of profanity might be, how far from reality it would be and if they think I'll get into total trouble now because you maybe talked to Lin once. And, if it will be a map choice, a kick or a 1 day ban which did proof how bad I am as an Admin. 

Not sure when, we'll see. Maybe I just cut my toenails, maybe not. Maybe I'll just go in a circle for a bit and say "lol" when I accidently hit a wall. Next post will be shorter, I promise. 

Thanks so much again. <3 

If anybody feels the need to tell me how shitty I am without embarassing themselves in front of the general public, in the good old tradition Renlist just kept alive, you can also send me a PM.

If anybody has questions and is able to simply ask without making me hear the Benny Hill - theme song while I'm reading, feel free to ask. No shame to ask or assume stuff when you are willing to listen and try to understand the answer. Maybe we'll agree on stuff, maybe we won't. We can have different opinions / gaming interest  and attitude than the other person and still respect each other. But your sound will determine the echo you will get. 

• Captain John H. Miller and -=TheTroopeR=- like this

#15 mexican eskimo

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:46 PM

Dude, you're the worst of admins for this game.

I agree!   :cool3:

#16 Angerfist

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:10 AM

Dude, you're the worst of admins for this game.

I agree!   :cool3:

Thank you for agreeing with me that I don't have a doctor title in statistics. I need your support because some might think that I have no clue what I'm talking about.

#17 gregefc

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:21 AM

Renlist, I really think you have good intentions most of the time... But I still think you're retarded.

Do you play under that name? Who are you? You dont happen to use the name lonewolf-mcquade, do you? Are you just mad it was a tanking map for more than one hour? You can't make everyone happy. Aberdeen is fun to play two rounds of sometimes, just like every other map. Sometimes market is fun to play for more than an hour and a half or two hours. I, for one, enjoy constantly capping and recapping flags on there. Yes, sometimes it can be monotonous though. But don't expect it to suit your, or everyone else's desires every time.
  • Twilight, Angerfist, -=TheTroopeR=- and 1 other like this

#18 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:50 AM

Dude, you're the worst of admins for this game.  Case in point: Monday 5-18   6:40 PM PDT, you restart the Aberdeen map after we had just been playing it for 45 minutes.  Worse than that you turned off the timer at 1400 tickets.  What the fuk is wrong with you?!  That map will last  2+ hours after having just played it 45 minutes.  You're the one turning off the timer of the first map of the rotation after Sunday Expansion packs these past two weeks also.  Question, do you own this server?

If you don't like the server, why do you still play here :huh: ? Maybe you should start your own server and forums. And see if you like it when you get called names and get hated by the players because they don't like your server. I've read some of your previous post with suggestions, if you were to implement those into your own server I'll come and have a look how the server and the population will like it. ;)

giphy.gif

• -=TheTroopeR=- and D Day like this

#19 Lin

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:12 AM

We used to have theme days/nights where admins would run something different. It started with Saturdays being Map Rotation Day. Players didn't like it when they came onto the server to play Omaha and it was on a different map...but it caught on, and MoonGamers Omaha 24/7 eventually became a rotation server.

We used to have infantry only maps run on Friday nights. No nades, no expacks, just pure infantry. All evening.

We still have days/nights where we run Pacific maps, tank maps, plane maps. The admins are given license to run a "special" night where we dare to go off the norm and run something different.

As always...some will like it, some won't. This is why we embrace the fact there are other servers out there to provide variety in this old game.

#20 D Day

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:20 AM

I don't post often, but will do so today to give a thumbs down to Renlist's post and a big thumbs up to Anger's over-all conduct as an admin and for running my favorite map not once, but twice (in a row!) for a change.

Renlist is entitled to an opinion, but if he/she doesn't like the map he/she can wait it out ( as I and many others do for maps I don't care for) or he/she can go play somewhere else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com