Photo

Can't install BF1942

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 COLONEL HESSLER

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:02 PM

I have BF 1942 complete collection AND Deluxe Edition and neither will reinstall. I tried removing all old BF files but my program manager wont let me unistall a BF42 file even though its empty. When I try to reinstall it says i have Bf1942 already installed but there is zero megabytes. I have played it many years on this box with windows XP installed. Thanks Hess

#2 pinchythelobster

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

Do you still need help?

• King of the Squirrels likes this

#3 King of the Squirrels

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:34 AM

Hey,

Can you give some information. What operating system are you using? Windows 10 will require direct play install before it play any of older games.  Also you will need to to run 1942 in compatibility mode windows xp service pack 2 or 3. I use windows xp service pack 3. You will also need to run it as administrator. You can find these by right clicking on 1942 icon on your desk top. Select properties.

Good Luck

#4 pinchythelobster

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

My first thought is that there are folder remnants, or perhaps registry entries, still on your hard drive. I would go into your program folder, look for anything BF related, and delete it. Then I would go back to Program Manager and see if it's still there. If not, try to reinstall. If it is, try to remove it. Reboot if the latter doesn't work and then check it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com