Photo

Scariest Carnival/Amusement ride

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Highway Man

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:04 PM

What is the scariest or fun  carnival ride you have been on?

For me it was a fun one, The Fabbri Booster (Power). 131 feet tall spinning 13RPM and going face down at the ground  52 MPH. :yikes: :yikes:

(not my video)

#2 Section8

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:14 AM

The Scrambler (Google it) right after it rained. No straps or seat belts back in the day as I am fully convinced society was trying to kill all the children. (not that I am against it mind you)

My sister and I were slammed, slung, smashed and abused time and time again while my mom watched in absolute horror. 

Damm what a great memory.

• Highway Man likes this

#3 Highway Man

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:18 AM

I rode a ride just like that this year called the sizzler. I was smart and sat in the middle! :) crushing my brother to my left and a friend to the right :)

#4 pinchythelobster

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:38 PM

This horrible contraption called the Zipper. It was the last carnival ride I ever rode and I don't know how I kept the food down. I think I went home and laid down after this. 

https://youtu.be/Y3OiAlvpw2w

#5 Highway Man

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

oh my lord. I wouldn't last a second on that thing. Though i have yet to puke on a ride, i don't want to find out.

#6 Highway Man

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:07 PM

Skip to  5:27 for ride start. POV

(not my video)

I finally opened my eye's the second time i rode it with my brother.

#7 pinchythelobster

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:00 PM

That's a hard no....---^

#8 Highway Man

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

Nah ah! i said i would never ride it. I then rode it twice and am looking forward to next years fair.

If you ever get a chance to the ride this ride, DO IT.

Safest ride in the world.

#9 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:38 PM

any of them. when i was married, my  half brother in law (?) dated a girl that worked at a carnival....she was 19 and couldnt read.

#10 Highway Man

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:41 PM

any of them. when i was married, my  half brother in law (?) dated a girl that worked at a carnival....she was 19 and couldnt read.

That's why I only do carnivals, it  increases the thrill/death factor ;)  

I feel safest riding power, the seats  are pneumatic (air lock) and the lock on a spur gear (looks like a cowboy's spur) 8 times, with a piston compressing the air inside the locking mechanism, and they also run a seat belt through the front of the shoulder restraint and lock it . So that way when your seat flys off you cant bail out :P

#11 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:15 PM

i feel my death should be higher on the food chain that a carnival ride. i want a kangaroo and the words, "hold my beer" to be involved.

• Highway Man likes this

#12 Spare Parts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:14 PM

Many years ago, my girlfriend (eventual wife) and I did the usual, wait in line for hours , to ride the latest and greatest roller coaster, Six Flags Magic Mountain had to offer.  Tallest/Steepest drop at the time, I don't remember the name and I am sure it is no longer there, but probably shipped to some amusement park in Ukraine. We got in, put on the restraint and the car lurched forward to begin it's ascent.  I'm not saying the noise it made was not normal, but if slamming two giant pieces of metal together at 100mph is ever a normal sound, I'm probably working at a junk yard.  So up we go, about halfway up I notice how windy it is, it wasn't as windy on the ground, but damn is the wind a blowin.  We make it to the top, which seems to have taken a really long time, especially for roller coaster standards, and it just stops.  Nervous laughs can barely be heard above the wind, and the first 5 minutes were the most bearable.  20 mind numbing minutes later 3 park employees appear, in full safety gear, and start taking off our harnesses.  The awkward position we have all been in, has made exiting the car crazy difficult, the wind did not help, the design of the tiny staircase we would all have to walk down, nor seeing the teenage employees safety equipment, that we would not be getting, none of these things gave me any confidence.  As we walked single file down this incredibly steep staircase the young man in front of me stumbled and I instinctively grabbed his shirt, causing myself to lurch forward as well.  I am fairly certain if my wife to be hadn't grabbed me as I grabbed the guy in front, her life would have been much better, different, I mean different.  When we reached the bottom, the park employees informed us the ride would be reset in a matter of minutes and if we wanted, we could follow them to the front of the line, so we could be next.  It was almost surreal, the earnestness on this young mans face as he offered me something, in his mind, was magnanimous and generous.  Just how much his face changed when I told him to go f*** himself, was the best part of the ride. 

• Zap Rowsdower and Highway Man like this

#13 Highway Man

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:22 PM

That's what i like about the traveling carnivals. they assemble and disassemble the rides  every few weeks. So you can tell what needs replaced and what doesn't  etc.

#14 Colonel Tavington

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:01 PM

My brother and family had a friend who worked in a state government job that dealt with teen pregnancy.  Every year they knew that at a certain time after the state fair there would be an uptick in the amount of cases.  One girl came in and all she about the guy was that he was a carny at the state fair and he went by the name Snake.

• Highway Man likes this

#15 Highway Man

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:29 PM

And Colonel Tavington is snake's alias!! Ah Ha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com