Photo

Map Changes and Modding

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#201 _Roadie™

Posted 19 May 2022 - 04:11 PM

2022-03-18

MoonBot

CTF maps during regular rotation are now automatically shortened to 20min.

Why do we shorten CTF to 20 minutes? (asking for a friend.)

#202 _Roadie™

Posted 19 May 2022 - 04:25 PM

Nice to see aberdeen in the rotation. Fun Tank map.

How about some Jeeps® for both sides in order to race to the flags? Maybe a couple of spawnable APC's back at the mains?

On CTF maps:

The little cars, can we tweak them so that when you are shooting them with an MG or a tank they take damage?

Frustrating as heck to hit one dead on with a tank and it has no effect.

On Caen with the Jeeps® and MCs, you stand a chance shooting at someone close up with a thompson or an mp44, but with the cars on other maps, there's no effect unless you're using a bazooka.

For Stalingrad and the tracks damaging vehicles, I'm trying to find the mods I used back in the day to lessen that, but haven't been able to find them in my backups -yet.

#203 _Roadie™

Posted 23 May 2022 - 08:22 PM

Tobruk would make a decent CTF map. Should be a bit like Bocage.

Turbo speed Jeeps®, (not the flying cars pls.)

Maybe Spawner APCs like on Caen. 

#204 Capn Cackler

Posted 23 May 2022 - 09:14 PM

How about some Jeeps® for both sides in order to race to the flags? Maybe a couple of spawnable APC's back at the mains?

On CTF maps:

The little cars, can we tweak them so that when you are shooting them with an MG or a tank they take damage?

On Caen with the Jeeps® and MCs, you stand a chance shooting at someone close up with a thompson or an mp44, but with the cars on other maps, there's no effect unless you're using a bazooka.

For Stalingrad and the tracks damaging vehicles, I'm trying to find the mods I used back in the day to lessen that, but haven't been able to find them in my backups -yet.

For turbo jeeps, you need to aim far ahead. The hitboxes are weird, but not gone.

#205 _Roadie™

Posted 25 May 2022 - 07:38 PM

On CTF maps:

For turbo jeeps, you need to aim far ahead. The hitboxes are weird, but not gone.

You are referring to having to aim ahead when they are moving - right? As in laws of trajectory/velocity?

I was mostly referring to the 'invincibility' of the Kurogane Type 95 'flying' green coupes.

What I was trying to bring up is when they are stationary, like when a player is going for the flag and has just jumped out.

They can take a direct hit from a tank and not even start to smoke. It's like the tank round passes through the model. 

Players on foot using a bazooka can nail them.

And their speed/acceleration is immediate and the same whether forward or reverse.

Then once they are airborne, it's up to the pilots or a lucky AA shot.

#206 Capn Cackler

Posted 25 May 2022 - 10:21 PM

On CTF maps:

You are referring to having to aim ahead when they are moving - right? As in laws of trajectory/velocity?

I was mostly referring to the 'invincibility' of the Kurogane Type 95 'flying' green coupes.

What I was trying to bring up is when they are stationary, like when a player is going for the flag and has just jumped out.

They can take a direct hit from a tank and not even start to smoke. It's like the tank round passes through the model. 

Players on foot using a bazooka can nail them.

And their speed/acceleration is immediate and the same whether forward or reverse.

Then once they are airborne, it's up to the pilots or a lucky AA shot.

Most likely a result of the poor hit registration this game has. It happens in many other places too, but moving targets and projectiles can interact in weird ways that don't make sense.

#207 FriendlyNoob

Posted 26 June 2022 - 08:54 PM

Why was the AA on Market Garden at D5 removed? It was critical to stop planes from murdering all tanks especially if there was a lack of good pilots. Also can we add grenades back to the windmill at Bocage? Tanks get 25-30 ground, planes get 20 bombs, b17 get so many bombs, why only 3 nades for medic in the one place he can stay safe from planes? The windmill is not even a critical place to take. 

#208 Wasabi®

Posted 26 June 2022 - 09:10 PM

Why was the AA on Market Garden at D5 removed? It was critical to stop planes from murdering all tanks especially if there was a lack of good pilots. Also can we add grenades back to the windmill at Bocage? Tanks get 25-30 ground, planes get 20 bombs, b17 get so many bombs, why only 3 nades for medic in the one place he can stay safe from planes? The windmill is not even a critical place to take. 

The AAs in D5 on MG have not been touched...Axis base has 2 or 3 guns there right by the bridge. Allied side has none.

Grenade reloading is disabled at the windmill on Bocage because players would camp there and grenade spam. Sucks but a few players ruin it for everyone else

#209 FriendlyNoob

Posted 01 August 2022 - 04:15 PM

I am able to kill nade spammers with use of tactics or I just avoid the mill. Now medic, assault, sniper cannot kill tanks. It does not make sense for tanks to get 25-30 "nade" shells, but other units 3 nade limit no reload? Let's remove the limit and the admins can enforce the rule if there is abuse. Planes bomb spam, tanks shell spam, etc. I believe there is a 25 kill limit on planes as a result. 

Also on Battle of the Bulge can we move the ammo crate so it's behind the windmill instead of in the line of fire. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com