Photo

Silenceing the air raid sirens in Battle of Britain.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Timmy!

Posted 08 March 2021 - 11:35 PM

I used to be a member of =TAW= clan back in the day.  They were home of Battle of Britain 24/7.  As you can imagine, listening to the air raid sirens will drive you nuts in short order.  One of the clan members figured out how to muzzle that noise.  Below is a copy of their post with the instructions on how to do it.  I just updated it with a working link to download the Battlefield Mod Development Toolkit.

This is a client side mod.  Meaning the players have to make the change on their computer.

Here's  how to turn off the factory air raid sirens on Battle of Britain.    This thread is volunteer ONLY for silencing the Battle of Britain sirens. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.  My first suggestion would be to make a full backup copy of your BF42 levels folder. C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Archives\bf1942\levels    Or at least make a backup copy of Battle of Britain_rfa.

Ok here goes....first download Battlefield Mod Development Toolkit.  It has WinRFA editor in it.  Go to the below link and select "Download Now" and save the "mdt.net.rar" file and then extract it.

https://www.moddb.co...ent-toolkit-sdk

After you have the Toolkit installed....

Open winrfa, go to file, open rfa, then browse your pc by using the drop down arrow, find your bf42 levels folder, then double click Battle Of Britain. Scroll about 2/3's of the way down until you come to a file called Bf1942/levels/battleofbritain/sounds/sirens.ssc.  From there you just highlight the line and it should show the contents below. There are 2 volume controls, the lower the number the less you will hear the sirens. The default is set at volume .4  I recommend you change it to 1. If you change it to 1, you will barely hear the siren, if you change it to 0 you silence the siren. Don't forget there are 2 volumes to change to the same numbers. So scroll down and change the second one also. Once you have changed both, don't forget to click save changes. 

• dodgem, mistamontiel and Col Kilgore like this

#2 Rapid Fire

Posted 09 March 2021 - 10:38 AM

Can you not just delete the sound file in the bf1942 files? I got rid of the entry video that way. 

#3 Capn Cackler

Posted 09 March 2021 - 03:26 PM

Can you not just delete the sound file in the bf1942 files? I got rid of the entry video that way. 

The opening video is an actual video file. The sounds in game similar to the textures are done differently (.rfa files) and are a lot harder to change without special tools.

• Wasabi®, posi and Col Kilgore like this

#4 Col Kilgore

Posted 09 March 2021 - 05:11 PM

I have done this, but did it a different way, by replacing the sound file with a sound of blank air for lack of a better description.

#5 Timmy!

Posted 10 March 2021 - 03:22 AM

I have done this, but did it a different way, by replacing the sound file with a sound of blank air for lack of a better description.

LoL....the sound of one hand clapping. 

• posi likes this

#6 dodgem

Posted 24 January 2022 - 11:44 AM

Bump!  Some players were asking about this yesterday or the day before.

• Timmy! and Highway Man like this

#7 Some Girl Named Cher

Posted 25 January 2022 - 04:06 PM

Those sirens down South mean you'd better be ready to tuck and roll :lol: I agree though, they are awful loud on the ears :rofl:

• Highway Man likes this

#8 MonkeySpank

Posted 25 January 2022 - 11:12 PM

The sirens are the best part of the map! Sirens should be added to all of the other maps!

• Highway Man likes this

#9 Timmy!

Posted 25 January 2022 - 11:18 PM

The sirens are the best part of the map! Sirens should be added to all of the other maps!

:bop2:

Attached Files

• Christine1 and Highway Man like this

#10 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 26 January 2022 - 02:51 AM

I just asked Wasabi to add a continuous siren to every plane you enter and you're the only one to hear it. 

• D Day, Highway Man, Capn Cackler and 2 others like this

#11 _Roadie™

Posted 05 May 2022 - 05:01 PM

This worked wonderfully. BoB is now tolerable. 

• Timmy! likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com