Photo

Airline Damage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 bbb

Posted 02 July 2004 - 11:12 AM

anybody have any suggestions for me?
i took my comp on the plane with me, and now it doesn't work!!!
it makes a few quick beeps right after you turn it on, which is odd.
and also it won't send a signal to the monitor, so maybe a vid card prob??

#2 Why Two Kay

Posted 02 July 2004 - 12:17 PM

If beep is

beeeeeeep beep beep bepp

then it is a video card prob, take out the video card and place it back in. It could have come loose in the airline very easily.

#3 bbb

Posted 02 July 2004 - 04:43 PM

i did that, took it out, then replaced it!! no luck.

i can't play BF or admin wothout my own comp, i dont want to install anything on this comp, it isn't mine!

#4 Jack

Posted 02 July 2004 - 05:45 PM

KFM (Kentucky Fried Memory) perhaps? Your mamaboard manual should have a listing of error beeps or bepps and what they mean. And remember, when all else fails, there is always the hammer.

:stab: me later.

#5 Cosa Nostra

Posted 02 July 2004 - 09:48 PM

The manufacture of the MainBoard should have info on the bios that is in it,the Beeps are a warning, telling you something is wrong,from a mouse or keyboard not connected to a fried MainBoard.Open the case and find the MainBoard number and than do a Google search on the net . That will tell you more about what bios your compter has and what the error may be.

#6 bbb

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:02 AM

with a little screwdrivin, and some forcing of cards where they wouldn't fit well, i have fixed my crapbox! all i need now is a monitor!

#7 Band of Brothers 101

Posted 03 July 2004 - 11:51 AM

Im not sure what to tell you weve taken my dads laptop bunches of places before on United AIrlines and have never hada problem witht eh laptop.

#8 bbb

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:02 PM

i fixed it now.... although the vid card doesn't fit in there good! :lol:

i have to ask, why do you have thta score in your sig???
18 to 1, whoopdidoo! :lol:

Edit: i have looked for a few hours thruogh a bunch of garage/yard sales, no damn monitors there?! i may have to buy one at*gasp* full price!! :lol:

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com