Photo

HeadSet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 redbreaker

Posted 07 August 2004 - 10:08 PM

ok, the headset i just got from the shankfest, the right headphone doesnt work, the left works but today when i was playing pirates the right just stopped in the middle of hunter talking. This is the same thing that happened to my old headset and is why i dont use it anymore.

#2 Lin

Posted 07 August 2004 - 10:15 PM

What sound card do you use? Have you tried to reseat the card?

#3 redbreaker

Posted 07 August 2004 - 11:03 PM

SB Audigy Audio Df80 its fine inside the computer, its strange when i plug anything into the Speaker adapter it works for like 10 min then shits out, so i disconected the speakers and am using the headset direct and it works fine, but the speakers themselves work perfectly, its just the right headphone when you plug somthing into them. :huh:

#4 Lin

Posted 07 August 2004 - 11:54 PM

First law of troubleshooting...look for similarities. Two headsets doing the same thing, it's not the headsets. It's the card, or software that runs it.

The reason I said to reseat it is because no matter how long or how well it's been in there, a problem can arise. Reseating the card may help re-establish the connection. Otherwise, probably a software problem.

Maybe there is a driver update?

#5 redbreaker

Posted 08 August 2004 - 05:28 PM

i checked, nothing new, so i think something is blown in the speakers not the card, headset works fine if you disconect the speakers and plug it directly into the soundcard.

#6 Enforcer

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:16 AM

Yep, sounds like the place where the headphones are hooked up into the speakers is shorting out and bad. Is there anyway to attach the headphones directly to the front of the CPU? Mine has both the USB connection and the standard headphone jack in the front. Go and upgrade your speaker set...it is worth while when you are not headphoning it.

#7 redbreaker

Posted 10 August 2004 - 10:58 AM

yeah, this set of Bostons isnt that great. mine didnt come with a usb jack, as great as that would be, so everyday in the morning I pull out the computer, turn it around, disconect the speakers and plug in the headphones. Cumbersome but it works.

#8 Enforcer

Posted 10 August 2004 - 11:05 AM

If there is a volume control on the speakers, simple..split the jack. Both the speakers and the headphones plug in and are always "on". When you are listening to the headphones, turn the speakers off. When you want to listen to speakers, turn them on. It is how I did it for a long time, until I upgraded into a front USB connection. I just would reach down and turn off the subwoofer which cut all power to the rest of the speakers.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com