Photo

JJ

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 JJ

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:17 PM

If you have spent time with me in T/S then you kind of know me. Know who I am or have heard of me. There's really only a couple of people who know me and fewer understand me. My name is Dave and I live in Northampton, MA. My family call me David, my daughter calls me Pop and my wife just calls me, well anything from shithead to hon. I am a Parts and Service Manager at an RV dealership but have spent the last twenty years working in the automotive industry writing service or running parts departments.

I was born in Far Rockaway NY, on July 4, 1960. I lived there till I was eleven and then we moved to Mass. Unfortunately I did not get to spent a lot of time with my grandparents as they passed when I was in my teens. That certainly sucked. My father was a product of the 60's, like Woodstock and hanging out with his friends in NYC. My mother (Gey) short for geezer which by the way we started calling her when she was in her forties. It always seemed fitting. Still does. Well she was anything but a typical suburban housewife. She certainly made life a blast when we were younger. She wore flip flops and we didn't get the belt or hose, we got the flip flop across the ass. God forbid you ran. She had deadly aim and a wicked underhand. I have a younger brother that lives in Manhattan and is an operations manager for a large cosmetics company. No he is not gay...

I have a 21 year old daughter and have been married for twelve years. Ya, Ya the math is warped but prior relationships always have baggage. This one was a score. I call her Pappi. She just graduated CC and is starting a four year school in Aug. My wife is a special ed teacher in a lock down high school. Long hours and not much appreciation in my opinion. We live in a nice little ranch with lots of flowers. I love flowers. We have a cat named Hobbes, but over time I just called him Chopper. I think he likes my wife more but thats OK cuz he's still my pal. The little prick can tell time. I swear.

I love cars and have owned many. My two favorites were a Honda CVCC and a Ford Cobra. Talk about one end of the spectrum to another. I have a massive collection of Nascar die cast, about 500 pieces along with some pretty cool Indy car parts that a friend sent me. I have an incredible library about midgets, sprints and champ cars from the 30's through the 60's.

Theres a little more than what you see and here about me, what you think I am based on my posts and opinions. In the final analysis I am a mensch and try and do the right thing. I think thats all any of us can really do...

Dave...and to the nubs JJ...and to the old timers Jimmy Jammer...and well to a few Butters and Sgt. Butsko...lest we forgot...A-2

#2 Tambulance

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:56 PM

we love you davejjbutters!!!

sup bro. ive only owned 1 car. its a 86 ford tempo with 42 thousand miles on it. original engine. only paid 300 for it. it was a great deal.

high five!

#3 summens

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:09 AM

:bhi: hi dave

#4 Ash

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:34 AM

:mellow: i cant believe what im reading

this intro thread is becoming very interesting

thanks for sharing

#5 Limpnoodle

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:37 AM

I have an incredible library about midgets,

We have more in common than I ever knew!

Thanks for sharing old man!

#6 Bullet-BS

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:23 AM

Hey Howdy JJ!!!

#7 Jack

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:42 AM

See you when you get back :coo:

:)

#8 bogeydeadsix

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:48 AM

JJ, did you ever get MNI ceritified in Parts and Service? Maybe NADW?

#9 beeker

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:14 AM

Jimmy Jammer, glad your still with us. You know that I enjoy playing with you on 1942. Perhaps when I get an apartment and internet, we could dust off the 1942 cds and smurf -- you as whoever and me as Snot Rocket.

#10 DAN_DALY

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:05 PM

Hey JJ,

Thanks for the intro my fellow Moonie! Haven't had the chance to play with ya much on the beaches of Omaha CQ, but I have been witness to your forum participation and what can I say other than without people like you hanging around in the corner's of our community, this place wouldn't have that "shine" that it does.

Thanks again JJ and game on!!! :D

#11 Deathman

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:15 PM

Heya JJ!

The little prick can tell time. I swear.

it's always 5 mins. b4 the alarm goes off <_<

#12 dodgem

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:26 AM

:) Jedi Jimmy Jammer

Bringing text back into fashion!

#13 Comet

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:16 PM

Most excellent intro Dave, best one I have read to date...thanks for sharing.

Posted Image

#14 apple

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:16 AM

Hobbes is an awesome name for a pet.

#15 birney

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:50 AM

The infamous Jimmy Jammer. Agree with dan daly, this place would not be the same without you. Btw I live in Northampton...England

#16 BrEEd

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:19 AM

Love ya, Dave.

#17 waubamik

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:36 PM

Love ya, Dave.

#18 Hartley

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:13 PM

A-Team forever dude.

Jimmy Jammer F T W

#19 Allarra

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:38 PM

I am sorry to say I missed this. I am glad I found it now, though. I enjoyed reading about you. I am a nub I suppose, since I call you JJ :D I think quite a few people got an eye opener :P

Thanks again for my lovely little picture with my name. I am still so flattered you made it for me.

#20 JJ

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:34 PM

I am a nub I suppose, since I call you JJ :D

Actually Lin started it with JaaayyJaaayy...the nubs called me Jimmy. JJ is what my friends call me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com