Photo

Blockade says ello

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Blockade

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:03 PM

hi my name is Quinton Beatty im a 30 yr old male framer/contractor that lives in Saskatoon sask Canada. i am getting married in about a yr or so. but not to worry the wifey is a hardcore gamer as well.. i guess us nerds stick together LOL.
my hobbies really include mostly gaming from shooting games to all sorts of sport games. and sometimes walking the dooogy
but other then that no kids great job wonderful wifey and good games thats what spins my world... just noticed your guys link on another site so i thought i would check ya out and so far im really loving this battle field game dont know why i have not checked it out before.. i also play swat 4 and i am involved with another community to play that game..just looking about to maybe find mature players to spend my fun time with.. just updating my game a bit so i can join you guys on your servers :)

games i play:
swat 4
men of war
cod 4 and black ops
medal of honor
911 first responders
nhl 2011
mlb the show
nfl 2009
those are just some of the games i play on a regular basis

x-fire 0blockade0
skype quinton.beatty

anyhow looking forward to meeting more of you in forum and on server soon i hope :)
  • Lin likes this

#2 Warrior124

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

Welcome to MoonGamers, Blockade! We have a lot to offer our members and would like to help you get to know us. :)

About us:
MoonGamers is a gaming community - not a clan. We were founded in February 2004 hosting a BF1942 server. Over time we've grown and have hosted numerous other games (Such as BF2, CS:S, COD2, DOD:S, BF2142 to name a few). Some of these games have fallen off while others have replaced them.

Our community structure is below:
Spoiler

Forum:
  • The forum is large but organized. It contains the following sections:
    - MoonGamers Community - general community area.
    - MoonGamers Competition Team area
    - Game areas (BF, Steam, Activision, etc)
    - Support System (for reporting problems with the forum, servers, teamspeak, etc)
    - Rules for servers and community
  • Each section has forums, and some forums have subforums.
  • You can expand and collapse these forum areas to make browsing easier.
  • You can use the "Today's Active Content" view to find recent topics easily.
  • You can customize your profile.
  • You can customize how the forum looks by choosing a "skin" of your preference. Skins can be chosen by using the dropdown area at the very bottom left corner of the forum.
TeamSpeak:
  • Teamspeak is a program which allows you to talk (not type) with your buddies while you are playing your favourite Moon game. Here's what you need:
    - The Teamspeak3 program (13mb)
    - A headset OR a microphone and a pair of headphones is optional but not required unless you wish to speak. You're more than welcome to come in and just listen; it's a good way to check us out before spending money on a headset (if you don't already have a mic).
    - A voice, if you wish to join in!
    - $0.00 (Yes, that's right. It's 100% free!!)
  • Teamspeak - Click here! Install Teamspeak 3, add our TS IP of MoonTS.sytes.net using the default port of 9987.
Game Servers:
  • Moongamers currently offers these servers:
    Spoiler
Resources:
  • You may want to check out our Downloads page. Downloads - Click me! Here you can download game patches, new custom maps, and mods.
  • If you have any questions about our rules they are available, Rules - Click me!, in many different languages.
Donations:
  • It costs $1,000 / month to run MoonGamers. We run solely on player donations. If you enjoy the gaming experience which we provide here, please consider making a small donation.
    -On our homepage you can track our donation progress throughout the month.
    -If you are interested in donating there is a brief announcement found here Donate - Click me! on how to donate.
If you have any questions about us, our servers or the forums please don't hesitate to ask! Again, welcome to MoonGamers, Blockade! :)

~Warren

#3 blancrou

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:32 PM

Hello Hello!

Welcome to MoonGamers :)
I'm sure you're gonna have lots of fun with us!
Which battlefield game are you playing?

blancrou

#4 Lin

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:50 PM

Hi Blockade! Welcome to MoonGamers, and don't forget to check out Day of Defeat Source, it's only $10 and a real hoot! I look forward to being killed by you!

Lin

#5 Blockade

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

Welcome to MoonGamers, Blockade! We have a lot to offer our members and would like to help you get to know us. :)

About us:
MoonGamers is a gaming community - not a clan. We were founded in February 2004 hosting a BF1942 server. Over time we've grown and have hosted numerous other games (Such as BF2, CS:S, COD2, DOD:S, BF2142 to name a few). Some of these games have fallen off while others have replaced them.

Our community structure is below:

Spoiler

Forum:
  • The forum is large but organized. It contains the following sections:
    - MoonGamers Community - general community area.
    - MoonGamers Competition Team area
    - Game areas (BF, Steam, Activision, etc)
    - Support System (for reporting problems with the forum, servers, teamspeak, etc)
    - Rules for servers and community
  • Each section has forums, and some forums have subforums.
  • You can expand and collapse these forum areas to make browsing easier.
  • You can use the "Today's Active Content" view to find recent topics easily.
  • You can customize your profile.
  • You can customize how the forum looks by choosing a "skin" of your preference. Skins can be chosen by using the dropdown area at the very bottom left corner of the forum.
TeamSpeak:
  • Teamspeak is a program which allows you to talk (not type) with your buddies while you are playing your favourite Moon game. Here's what you need:
    - The Teamspeak3 program (13mb)
    - A headset OR a microphone and a pair of headphones is optional but not required unless you wish to speak. You're more than welcome to come in and just listen; it's a good way to check us out before spending money on a headset (if you don't already have a mic).
    - A voice, if you wish to join in!
    - $0.00 (Yes, that's right. It's 100% free!!)
  • Teamspeak - Click here! Install Teamspeak 3, add our TS IP of MoonTS.sytes.net using the default port of 9987.
Game Servers:
  • Moongamers currently offers these servers:
    Spoiler
Resources:
  • You may want to check out our Downloads page. Downloads - Click me! Here you can download game patches, new custom maps, and mods.
  • If you have any questions about our rules they are available, Rules - Click me!, in many different languages.
Donations:
  • It costs $1,000 / month to run MoonGamers. We run solely on player donations. If you enjoy the gaming experience which we provide here, please consider making a small donation.
    -On our homepage you can track our donation progress throughout the month.
    -If you are interested in donating there is a brief announcement found here Donate - Click me! on how to donate.
If you have any questions about us, our servers or the forums please don't hesitate to ask! Again, welcome to MoonGamers, Blockade! :)

~Warren

well it looks like we share the same interest in games lol that's for sure but ill be shamefully honest the copy of bf1942 is not legit i wanted to see if it would run on my computer before i bought it as my computer makes a better paper weight with most games.. im not computer literate enough to dry buy my games so i dl them then purchase them if they run and are good games..this one i can tell i will want to own so at the end of the month ill be buying it if i can find it in stores which is a pain sometimes with older games.. so im not able to join in on your servers yet that and for some odd reason your map pack wont stop virus scanning when it was downloaded and will not open.. arg after 7 hrs of dling it would not open.. but im looking for a mature community to have fun with i spend lots of time with my computer and my games so donating to a good community is never a problem nor has it ever been i understand it has its costs and to keep it up you really on donations to nurture our gaming experiences.. but ill sit back 1st and get to know you before i decide if this community is going to be the right fit.. as for teamspeak 3 i have it just no sence in bookmarking you yet till i have a game to play with yall :Dlol

no questions yet ill just sit back read your forum and get to know you guys till i can rock the servers with ya lol like i said before feel free to add me to x fire im easy to talk to and dont bite much XD

Edited by Blockade, 13 February 2011 - 04:48 PM.

#6 Section8

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

Welcome to the forums Blockade and glad you stopped by. Please enjoy your stay.

#7 Blockade

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:43 PM

Hello Hello!

Welcome to MoonGamers :)
I'm sure you're gonna have lots of fun with us!
Which battlefield game are you playing?

blancrou

nice to see a fellow Canadian :)
well i have bf1942 and Vietnam but i not sure i like the Vietnam much.. to much foliage to quick-scope my targets XD..
but bf1942 is beyond fun :)

and thnx section 8 ill be around no worries on that :)

and lin im new and have a broken wrist im recovering from lol so you'll be killing me mate :DDDD

Edited by Blockade, 13 February 2011 - 04:55 PM.

#8 Bullet-BS

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:26 PM

Welcome to our little corner of the web!! By the way what kind of dogs do you have? I have 2 pure bred German Shepherds.

#9 Blockade

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

Welcome to our little corner of the web!! By the way what kind of dogs do you have? I have 2 pure bred German Shepherds.

thnx :)
taddy is a 3 year old red brindle boxer
cesar is 3 month old blue nose pitbull.
both are a pain in the arse high octane but truly children to me..

#10 Lin

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

Ouch, sorry to hear about your wrist!

BF1942 the Complete Collection can be found on Amazon for about $10 and free shipping.

#11 dodgem

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

Howdy. Shoot you in a bit :)

powpowpow

#12 Blockade

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:56 PM

Ouch, sorry to hear about your wrist!

BF1942 the Complete Collection can be found on Amazon for about $10 and free shipping.

yes ive also seen horror stories on your db of getting used keys from amazon as well not to sure i want to pay for something i already have.. if i can find it at EB GAMES ill try that 1st ill use amazon as a last resort.. nothing worse for paying for something that dont work XD but thanx for the headz up dude :)

looolz dod you picking on a cripple :DDDDDD

Edited by Blockade, 13 February 2011 - 06:57 PM.

#13 mattybeast

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

Welcome to the forums!
As far as finding BF42 the "complete collection" or "anthology"
you can usually find it New In Box on amazon or ebay, but be vigilant
as far as making sure you're dealing with reputable sellers..
that said both of those versions have known issues with bad cd-keys
for the expansion packs...not always but it does happen...
however if you take the proper approach with EAsupport
its only a minor pain in the ...
If you should find your self in said dilemma I'd be glad to share a few "jedi mind tricks"
I've learned that make the EAsupport folks much more accommodating...

#14 Blockade

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

Welcome to the forums!
As far as finding BF42 the "complete collection" or "anthology"
you can usually find it New In Box on amazon or ebay, but be vigilant
as far as making sure you're dealing with reputable sellers..
that said both of those versions have known issues with bad cd-keys
for the expansion packs...not always but it does happen...
however if you take the proper approach with EAsupport
its only a minor pain in the ...
If you should find your self in said dilemma I'd be glad to share a few "jedi mind tricks"
I've learned that make the EAsupport folks much more accommodating...

so then the force is with you too :D nice to meet ya mate and im sure ill be able to find what im looking for lol if i have any problem im sure ill get it sorted XD

#15 No_Nickname

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

Welcome to moongamers, if you need a copy of BF1942 and can't find it anywhere I can send you one of my extras that I have in case I lose the discs

#16 Blockade

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:03 AM

Welcome to moongamers, if you need a copy of BF1942 and can't find it anywhere I can send you one of my extras that I have in case I lose the discs

lol you have an extra lol no im ok ill be able to pick one up mate shouldnt be to hard to find ill just have to get my elbows dirty a bit lol thnx for the offer tho lol and nice to meet you nickless

Edited by Blockade, 16 February 2011 - 12:05 AM.

#17 Comet

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:45 AM

Welcome Blockade. Thank you for the in depth intro, we're glad to have you...make yourself at home.

We're a friendly bunch, as you can see. Take your time to settle in, we're here to help if need be. There is plenty to see and do in Forum, check it out, you may find some threads of interest.

We are an International community, a registered not for profit corporation based in the US. You'll notice the diversity of members we have from across the globe. It's nice to have another Canuck join in the mix. :)

Have fun eh!

#18 Blockade

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

Welcome Blockade. Thank you for the in depth intro, we're glad to have you...make yourself at home.

We're a friendly bunch, as you can see. Take your time to settle in, we're here to help if need be. There is plenty to see and do in Forum, check it out, you may find some threads of interest.

We are an International community, a registered not for profit corporation based in the US. You'll notice the diversity of members we have from across the globe. It's nice to have another Canuck join in the mix. :)

Have fun eh!

thnx thnx i like your community so far most of the ppl (THAT I HAVE NOTICED) are north american so looks like ill always have ppl to play with lol..

and i already am EH!!

#19 Blockade

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

looks like my bf1942 is going to have to wait lol im spending like 1500 dollars on a server to host for some servers for swat 4 and prolly arma 2 but ill still be around XD.. wife will kill me if i start buying games right now lol she is already not to fond of what im buying so i have to fly a lil under the radar lol

#20 Angerfist

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:03 AM

Hey, 10 bucks for the BF42 Anthology (BF42 with Expansion Packs "Road to Rome" and "Secret Weapons") can be spent secretly !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com