Photo

Moongamers vs EA117 Night!

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Highway Man

Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:00 AM

You might be too young for that game reference HM.
Someone will get it!

I'm Sure Rubulator would get it...
I'm stumped.
Duuuhh. :chk:
  • Rubulator likes this

#22 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:07 PM

You might be too young for that game reference HM.
Someone will get it!

I'm Sure Rubulator would get it...

I'm stumped. 

Think back Rub to a famous series where a Moon is the big threat...

#23 Spare Parts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:14 PM

or just reverse look up the image.

• Hairy Russian Dude likes this

#24 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:34 PM

ok, without going into a long story, I have uninstalled and reinstalled all software. The issue I see now is in my system32 folder I do not see pnkbstra.exe or pnkbstrb.exe, yes I have win7 not 10. Firewall allows but can't communicate with PB server, Web error Have gone to evenbalance and downloaded the latest PBsetup. Only error I get is when it's testing those 2 in the system32 folder when I run the PB test. 

ANY IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your problem is ringing a bell for me Wizard. I think I have had the exact same issues, but all I remember about resolving it was using files and a guide Moon used to have posted.

posi, do you have any sort of archive of your old download links and instructions? I remember you had an "abandonware" link that died and that is when the downloads changed.

Whatever was posted before that worked perfectly.

Have you tried downloading and running the pbsvc file from here?: http://www.evenbalan...m/downloads.php

#25 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 01 January 2020 - 12:24 AM

ok, without going into a long story, I have uninstalled and reinstalled all software. The issue I see now is in my system32 folder I do not see pnkbstra.exe or pnkbstrb.exe, yes I have win7 not 10. Firewall allows but can't communicate with PB server, Web error Have gone to evenbalance and downloaded the latest PBsetup. Only error I get is when it's testing those 2 in the system32 folder when I run the PB test. 

ANY IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if you figured this out yet or not Wizard, but my daughter just got a brand new PC so I installed 1942, the ex packs, and DC from scratch and it worked without issue.

Posi's links on Facebook are all good, the install steps could maybe use some tweaking though. Here is what I did step by step.

• Run Punkbuster Service Installer and click “Test Services”. You should get the all clear from this test. If not, click “Install/Re-Install Punkbuster Services”
    *Make sure Punkbuster is checked as enabled in your server list menu if the server you wish to join has the PB symbol next to it.

• Navigate to the newly installed Battlefield folder and right click on your execution file. This is likely “1942” and listed as an Application file on Win 10.
    Click “Properties”. Click on the “Compatibility” tab. Ensure that the compatibility mode is set to “Windows XP (Service Pack 3)” and the box beside “Run this program as an Administrator” is checked. Apply and changes.

• Rubulator and Lonestar like this

#26 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 01 January 2020 - 02:38 PM

Hey all,

Something I should have put in my initial post is a request to review the server rules.

http://ea117dcfanfav...ic.php?f=9&t=38

They are pretty standard, not much different than Moon, but EA117 does not allow for attacking mains.

You may snipe the main.

You may fire back at infantry and equipment hiding in the main, but only after they have engaged you and you may only attack them. So, the SCUD for example would not be wise to retaliate with as your splash damage hitting other players and equipment would be illegal.

You may attack an SA3, occupied or not.

You may enter the main to steal equipment/weapons, but you may not attack until you are engaged.

Please note that some maps also have a "death bubble".

Thanks!

PS: My initial post is too old to be edited. If an admin could copy and paste this at the bottom for me, that would be much appreciated!

#27 Lonestar

Posted 07 January 2020 - 05:38 PM

ANY IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not home right now but trying to remember what I did.

Goto your main bf1942 folder in the EA games folder and look for the PB folder. Inside should be something called “pbsvc”

Run that and then check the uninstall option. When its done do it again but this time reinstall. You shouldn’t have to run test but you can.

After that... (not sure if win7 has this option I’m using win10) but try to find ”Allow an app through Windows Firewall”

Click Change settings then look for pnkbstrA and punkbstrB on the list. Make sure both of them are checked on public not private then press OK.

Hopefully that works for you like it did for me. Thanks to {THE WAY} JC for helping me find this out. Let me know how it goes
  • Rubulator and Hairy Russian Dude like this

#28 Trench

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:37 PM

After that... (not sure if win7 has this option I’m using win10) but try to find ”Allow an app through Windows Firewall”

Click Change settings then look for pnkbstrA and punkbstrB on the list. Make sure both of them are checked on public not private then press OK.

That's not a bad suggestion, although I would recommend setting it to both public and private, or "select all available profiles", rather than just one or the other.

"Public" likely is indeed correct in your configuration, but others may have their Windows networks actually set to "Private", "Home" or "Domain".   (The terms and availability varies, depending on the Windows version and configuration.)  You're ultimately wanting to allow the PunkBuster services to communicate regardless of which network classification your Windows is set to, so just selecting all possible profiles is appropriate.  i.e. It's not that you want PunkBuster to become blocked if you move from a Private to a Public network later, or vice-versa.

• Hairy Russian Dude and Lonestar like this

#29 Lin

Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:41 PM

I really miss playing but my gaming rig is still down. 

I just found this thread, it's been busy at my house for the last couple of months. The ex finally moved out so there has been a lot of cleaning and activity here, so I have not been in the forum as much. Anyhoo, I was just advertising EA117 for great DC games and Lonestar said to come read this thread. I think this sounds great, and yes...let's do it on both servers! :)

Have fun everyone!

• Rubulator, Hairy Russian Dude, Highway Man and 1 other like this

#30 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 11 January 2020 - 06:37 PM

Thank you to whomever moved that post for me!

Lone,

I'm pretty sure Trench invented computers. He will help get you where you need to go if a clean install didn't solve your problems.

Lin,

Glad to hear you are making headway through the divorce. Hopefully you will find time to hop back in the game soon!
And please do not hesitate to give us a time and date for an ancient weapons night! :stab:

• Lonestar likes this

#31 Highway Man

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:23 PM

And please do not hesitate to give us a time and date for an ancient weapons night! :stab:

:angry-smiley-038:

#32 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:06 PM

:angry-smiley-038:

Oh, sorry to offend HM. I meant "secret weapons" night... :wasnt-me:

• Highway Man likes this

#33 Highway Man

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:41 PM

Lol

#34 posi

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:28 PM

ATTENTION !!

This is a rare 'AWAY' game for Moongamers.  Moon is a public server and not a clan so this is uncommon. Fans and loyal moongamers who which to represent will need to Install Desert Combat well in advance of the event. We are visiting another modded server! Installing Desert Combat includes being whitelisted on the home server we are visiting!  This is done by sending an email with your I.P. address to EA117.

Links below include a link to register to play on EA117 which will be hosting this event.

Battlefield 1942 Abandonware ( With Punkbuster ! ) :  If you are installing from scratch

DC download links

Expansion Packs - ( Conveniently on page for those who are reinstalling ) 

Reinstallation is not required and other assistance is on this thread and on EA117's website for DC installation.

http://ea117dcfanfav...m/contactadmin  <--  Use After Installing Desert Combat and Updating Punkbuster

• Christine1, Highway Man and Lonestar like this

#35 Lonestar

Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:48 PM

That's not a bad suggestion, although I would recommend setting it to both public and private, or "select all available profiles", rather than just one or the other.

"Public" likely is indeed correct in your configuration, but others may have their Windows networks actually set to "Private", "Home" or "Domain".   (The terms and availability varies, depending on the Windows version and configuration.)  You're ultimately wanting to allow the PunkBuster services to communicate regardless of which network classification your Windows is set to, so just selecting all possible profiles is appropriate.  i.e. It's not that you want PunkBuster to become blocked if you move from a Private to a Public network later, or vice-versa.

This was the actual fix, THANK YOU
  • posi likes this

#36 Trench

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:49 AM

...I would recommend setting it to both public and private, or "select all available profiles", rather than just one or the other.

This was the actual fix, THANK YOU

Yea!  Let's hope so.

Back on the topic of Moongamers vs EA117 Night, as I mentioned to Posi this evening, we're trying to make the normal http://ea117.com/access required registration process as easy as possible for this event.

We have already enabled many of the major ISP networks, as well as many of the Moongamers players who have been to the server before.

So once you have Desert Combat and PunkBuster installed, go ahead and just test connecting to the "EA117.com/access to connect" server in the in-game list.  Or to dc.ea117.com port 14567, or to 47.190.52.113 port 14567 if necessary.

If you find that you can already connect, great!  Mission Accomplished, and you don't need to bother with the http://ea117.com/access process.

But if you do find that the server won't let you connect, go ahead and use the http://ea117.com/access page to send a "Contact Us" message and we'll get it sorted ASAP.

-Trench

• posi and Highway Man like this

#37 Highway Man

Posted 16 January 2020 - 01:17 AM

Come on Moonies, let's ready 'Little Boy'
8 days til Armageddon.... Muahahahaaa
best_animated_gif_nuclear_explosion.gif

#38 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:53 PM

How many Moonies have signed up? 

#39 Highway Man

Posted 16 January 2020 - 01:28 PM