Photo

Do you remember?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 birney

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

What has BF42 and and a poem by Robert burns got in common?

Answer Nothing, But I will make one lol.

What is the poem?

Answer

The Poem has become a very well known song that is sang at the end year called 'Auld Lang Syne' Part of the lyrics are

"Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot"

Origin has helped re-establish Bf42! We have a popular server that does not only have new players coming into it, but has also some long term, familiar faces coming back. However we cannot forget the people/players who for many years frequented this great game and helped make it so popular and fun, or not so fun, for us all. In a 'status update' Horace Greeley asked Do you remember I will jeep you?

In the spirit of Christmas and in the spirit of 'Auld Lang Syne' Lets have a semi-nostalgia post. Here is how it will work.

Someone will post Do you remember? and give a players name. If you remember that player please don't just post "yes I do" but give a reason as to Why you remember them. Once you have given the reason you than post "Do You remember" and suggest a new name, and so on and so forth. As Horace led to this idea we will start with his name....

#1) If your name gets bought up as a 'Do you remember..' and you are still arund and playing than please say so and bring up a new name

#2) You do not need to wait until the name 'you remember' gets bought up before answering and suggesting a new name. We all know how forums work so 'Do you remember..' it anyway.
  • gensolo likes this

#2 birney

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

Do you remember...?

'I Will jeep you'

#3 gensolo

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

Do you remember iii?

There are a few names of people that I generally remember around the holidays and his name is at the top of the list. He was always kind, courteous, and a fantastic admin. I hope his health has gotten better over the years, and really do miss the sound of his voice laughing in TS.

#4 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

Do you remember...?

'I Will jeep you'

Yes, and I remember him because no mather how many times bombed him, he never complaint.

Lots of fun to be shotgun on his car !!!

#5 Rabid_Animal

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

I miss I will jeep you and III very much, both were courteous/non arrogant players and a blast to play with or against. Do you remember Solo?

#6 shortY

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

Do you remember RogerRoger and Mr. Phil?

R.I.P.

#7 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

Do you remember:
Echelon
George Constanza
Master Blaster
MAVOK
Sagittarii
Squirrelly
UCLE SAM

#8 moist armpits

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

Omg so many good names CJHM, used to love playing omaha with them!! And i miss Solo! hhahah

Do you remember Trigger Hippy? I used to think he was the same person as Franken when I first started playing

#9 birney

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

Do you remember RogerRoger and Mr. Phil?
R.I.P.

I never got to actually play with/against Mr. Phil, However in my time as a Snr his name did happen across my desk once or twice. I, alongside others did get to talk to him one or twice. In his time in, around and part of Moongamers Creamzor spoke very highly of Mr.Phil and that alongside your reply here says a great deal about the person he was.

Roger-Roger. Again I did not get to play with/against him on a regular basis. However I do remember when Moongamers got together a team to play in the TWL league Roger-roger, being part of Bce, sat in our team speak offering help and advice as we played our very first 'friendly' match against...Bce. Someone from one of, if not the top team in bf42 at that time, took the time to help the new team on the block out. It says a lot about his love of this game and it speaks volumes as to his character, I have never forgotten it!

R.I.P both of them!

Do you remember Trigger Hippy? I used to think he was the same person as Franken when I first started playing

I always thought Trigger Hippy was either Tambulance or a player/admin called Dave Schmidt, ergo thats why I remember him.

Do you remember Tambulance?

#10 Grinch

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

Yes Trigger Hippy, Tambulance...miss them both.

Miss so many I must try and remember them.

OIL, Deetox, SuckMyThompson, Czarek.

I Will Jeep You was awesome.

A guy in lib of Caen who would faithfully patrol the Church, he was here a lot too, dam I cannot remember his name...

#11 gensolo

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:15 AM

Do you remember xdoublex?

He and I would steal the little birds in DC and swoop in for some nice flag caps.

#12 posi

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

Mame Gamer , Hydlide

#13 Hornet

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

AfternoonDelight, AnimalMother, Evil Len (R.I.P.), Paddleball, EasyCompany ZeRO, CrazyMachine, Beeker, TINY GROSE, Alvin Tostig, etc...

#14 gensolo

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

Dodgem, Solo, Creamzor, Jason Bourne, Pillowcase Man, Dave Schmidt, Brett Favre, Brett Favre's Medic, Rapid Fire, A Fin!, Steroid Bonds, Death Man, Oblivious Tom

#15 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

AfternoonDelight, AnimalMother, Evil Len (R.I.P.), Paddleball, EasyCompany ZeRO, CrazyMachine, Beeker, TINY GROSE, Alvin Tostig, etc...

What heppened with CrazyMachine allways tons of fun to play at his team and a hard to kill if enemy.

#16 no guts no glory

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

pigpen

#17 gensolo

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

oh man, I forgot about pigpen.

Squirrelly and Desert Oak.

#18 Hornet

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

Dodgem, Solo, Creamzor, Jason Bourne, Pillowcase Man, Dave Schmidt, Brett Favre, Brett Favre's Medic, Rapid Fire, A Fin!, Steroid Bonds, Death Man, Oblivious Tom

OMG How could I forget Brett's Medic?!?!?!?! Me and him were br0s back in the day.

Just saw Smellycowsquid in game a few weeks go. Ahh the memories.

#19 birney

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

The famous Kantor and Mattz!

#20 bobby wiggle

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

tTANNER

great times in dc and ts with him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com