Photo

Anyone been snipered on Iwo Jima hilltop?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:48 AM

I mean come on!  Jazzercise (hasn't much time on the server) snipered a guy next to me at the Iwo Jima hilltop main bunker. He was standing near the ammo box, just outside.  I stood in his place and looked around (as Assault guy) and tried to view where that sniper shot could possibly have come from. I thought about that shot coming thru the bunker window and hitting him but the sniper would have to be really high in elevation, being that far away.  The guy medaled gold a couple of maps in a row as sniper, then quit. Some legit players excel at sniping, but...gimme a break.

#2 Angerfist

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:52 AM

"Jazzercise" has much time on the server. Names can be changed.

Admins, we should make a list who is getting the most blame by hackusators in the forums.

#3 Moving Target

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:13 AM

I'll admit, when I get sniped in a questionable place, aka in a bunker lying down) I'll deathcam and see where the sniper is before I make the hackusation in the forum or not. Sometimes your head is poking up just enough to be seen. Now if I get sniped on El AL in allied main and they're in axis main, then there is a problem.

#4 Jubilee

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:49 PM

There are a multitude of options when sniping down from and up at the hills on Iwo. There are even a couple unfortunate spots where one can shoot from that are near impossible to be shot back at.

Edit: My question now is that if you know someone is sniping at that particular vantage point, why would you go and stand there?

#5 dodgem

Posted 27 March 2016 - 01:27 PM

It could also be that the sniper was also on the hilltop and hid behind sandbags or a defgun after making the kill.

#6 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:04 PM

Bug ? Programming error ?

#7 Renlist

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:22 PM

Admins, we should make a list who is getting the most blame by hackusators in the forums.

This "jazzercise" (my mistake, not a capital J) has about 8 hours total and has been on the server for only 5 months. The hilltop was full of our team, he couldn't have been anywhere near the hilltop sandbags. I just wanna know how he was able to do it.  To me it wasn't possible, given the height of the hilltop. Stand where I described the kill sometime and tell me how it's possible to be sniped there. Where could he possibly have made that  shot from ?  One other thing, I never made a hackusation. I just said...gimmie a break.

#8 Jubilee

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:22 PM

I am jazzercise. 

I have no recollection of killing you in the situation you describe. I couldn't tell you where you were or where I was standing, except that when I am shooting at the hill I'm usually near ammo box or on the north side of middle flag. I do know I can shoot into and around the bunker and defgun, into the broken bunkers as well. It is possible to shoot the back right AA gun only if the gun spawned allied. People try to hide in bushes or lie down on the sides, but it's easy to spot. It's hardest to shoot at people in the bunker, because you can't see into the bunker unless you're close enough for the tags to be visible. 

I'm not mad or anything, I think players SHOULD bring these concerns to the forums. I get why this can be frustrating. But I really don't remember every shot I take and I don't record when my husband is home because it jacks up both our pings. I couldn't tell you the circumstances at all. Wish I could help.

I do smurf a lot when there aren't a ton of admins, because if I keep using the same name over and over again the same people tend to take on the internet bully role. Sorry about the confusion.

• -=TheTroopeR=- and Grinch like this

#9 gregefc

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:42 PM

probably hacks

#10 Angerfist

Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:29 AM

Lol Greg careful with statements like that, people might actually take it serious :D

#11 Angerfist

Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:56 AM

One other thing, I never made a hackusation. I just said...gimmie a break.

"OK, sorry, my fault" :party1:

#12 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:23 PM

probably hacks

No, I've seen things amazing in this game and expansions, is what I call "free will of the game" , for example in map El Al at DC using .50 cal sniper rifle, i was at mid high at hill front of the lake allies uncap, and shot dead an Apache pilot while taking of and through one of the towers, an impossible shoot. This weird things do happen.

A gun bullet depending on distance it go really straight, but far it goes is when start to slow and pulled by gravity arch down, so a bullet kill in that angle is possible, but what is hard to bealibe is such details on programming.

#13 Grinch

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:11 PM

I am jazzercise. 

I have no recollection of killing you in the situation you describe. I couldn't tell you where you were or where I was standing, except that when I am shooting at the hill I'm usually near ammo box or on the north side of middle flag. I do know I can shoot into and around the bunker and defgun, into the broken bunkers as well. It is possible to shoot the back right AA gun only if the gun spawned allied. People try to hide in bushes or lie down on the sides, but it's easy to spot. It's hardest to shoot at people in the bunker, because you can't see into the bunker unless you're close enough for the tags to be visible. 

I'm not mad or anything, I think players SHOULD bring these concerns to the forums. I get why this can be frustrating. But I really don't remember every shot I take and I don't record when my husband is home because it jacks up both our pings. I couldn't tell you the circumstances at all. Wish I could help.

I do smurf a lot when there aren't a ton of admins, because if I keep using the same name over and over again the same people tend to take on the internet bully role. Sorry about the confusion.

Do you guys both play this game at the same time ?  Who is your husband ?  :bouncy3:

Who is your husband and do you guys both play together often  ???   :bouncy3:

#14 Jubilee

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:35 PM

My husband is an alternate on a CSGO pro team at the moment. They get sent to some North American LANs once in a while when work doesn't get in the way. He plays a variety of other games casually. We play together once in a blue moon. He played 42 once when I stepped away from my computer. He ended up taking shot after shot until he was able to get just one sniper kill lol. And that's the extent of his experience here.

#15 Renlist

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:19 AM

I'm referring to the Omaha map....as Allied.

It's  a bummer when on Omaha half the Allied team are snipers and the non-Scout brave ones storm the hilltop and take the flag, dying many times, only to give it right back to the Axis because wimpy Allied snipers on the beach want to do their thing...being on their belly for the entire game. In this regard, Scouts can kiss my ass. At least do the suicide thing so you can spawn at the newly capped Omaha flag objective and defend it.   No?   Typical lame Scout behavior. Kudos to those who storm the flag.  You Scouts...you go dig the latrines for us brave ones, OK?  You just do that.  End of rant.

#16 Angerfist

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:09 AM

Brave Assault Hero needs to eat a snickers. Then prone. :party1:

#17 Moving Target

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:29 AM

I refuse to heal snipers on Omaha til we have 2 flags. When I decide to play omaha.

#18 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:36 AM

I refuse to heal snipers on Omaha til we have 2 flags. When I decide to play omaha.

Next time only heal the good snipers, they will stand out from the other ones.

#19 Renlist

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:01 AM

Omaha is fun is when the Allied team makes a real effort to take the Axis flag.  A lot of the times it's half the team sniping or tank camping.   A real snore fest until the next map.

#20 Jubilee

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:11 AM

There are good snipers and bad snipers. Fact is: snipers are support. Does a team need thirty of them? No. Am I going to be the bossy know-it-all asshole who dictates exactly what other players should and shouldn't play as? Certainly not.

A supportive sniper protects tanks from zooks & engineers (YOU'RE WELCOME, ANGER), protects front-liner flag takers from flanks, protects back flags, calls out for artillery, calls out tanks and planes for air, snipes AA guns to protect planes. Even if a sniper just barely taps a guy on the shoulder, it's that much less effort it will require for a flag-taker to kill him. On Omaha, a sniper can see when a ramp is expacked, which ramp is heavily guarded, and can call out which ramp is safe. Do other snipers do that? I know at least a couple genuinely and honest-to-god try, but these are not easy shot to take. Not only that, apparently it's thankless. If you ever hear me on teamspeak, you can hear when I'm protecting someone taking a flag. If I can pick off two or three guys for my flag-taker, then I've done my job and he gets the flag points. I can't tell you how many times I've saved teammates' lives and they are honestly in no position to notice.

Do I do it for a thank you? Perhaps I do it for a misguided and loaded post on the forums telling me I'm absolutely useless? Nah. I'll just keep playing as I want. And I'll continue to protect anyone on my team, even if no one ever notices.

So instead of tearing down not-so-helpful teammates, why not encourage good game play? 

• Captain John H. Miller, -=TheTroopeR=- and Grinch like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com