Photo

Are restarts due to Denial of Service attacks or BF1942 being that old?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:04 AM

I've played on the Simple server, but haven't played there steady enough to compare their server map crashes to MoonGamers.

More than once, the server has crashed up to 3 times within a few hours.

Is it all due to the 2003 coding and today's modern server operating systems?

If it's a DDOS attack, the server is supposed to have safeguards in place.  Are some servers more robust in regard to preventing server crashes due to attacks?

Is this server robust in that regard?  Is it server attacks  that cause maps to get reset or the fact that BF1942 is 13 years old now?

I wouldn't be surprised to hear it's a combination of both.

#2 Lin

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:30 AM

Probaby a combination.

#3 Dr. Detroit

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:10 AM

I don't think the sudden rash of crashes are due to BF1942 being the same age as my grandchildren.   Seems to me if it was the combination of the age of the software and the server OS then the problem would have revealed itself a long time ago,   A DDOS attack ?  What value is there to DDOS attack an old game ?   Further the DDOS attack wouldn't necessarily crash the game but just would create the inability for us to play.    Routers should be deflecting DDOS attacks anyway.

The randomness of the crashes leads me to believe it's a hardware related problem.

Just my 2 cents..............................   I'm off to teach Sgt Punky a lesson   :) 

#4 Lin

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:57 AM

We know what is going on. We didn't just fall off the turnip truck. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com