Photo

how do you set a video icon?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 Striker

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:32 PM

How do you set a short video icon like captain squirrel has, and ohers.

i've noticed some even have some from actuall movies.

I would like to make one from an .avi video clip in windows media player, and post it on the site under my name.

Can i do this?

thanx,
Striker :gunsmi:

#2 Why Two Kay

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:04 PM

I made Capt Squirrel's from a .avi file. All you need to do is load it up in a program and convert it to an animated gif file. Then resize it to 100X100 and keep it under 400KB so it doesnt take long to load. If you have problems e-mail me the .avi file to [email protected] and I will do it for you.

#3 Lin

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:05 PM

What programs are capable of converting to an animated gif?

#4 Why Two Kay

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:06 PM

Animation Shop 3 (Included with PSP 6 and above)

#5 Striker

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:35 PM

where can i get animation shop? and what is psp6?

#6 Striker

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:41 PM

i found out what psp 6 was :D uh duh.....

but where can i get animation shop/

#7 Striker

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:45 PM

never mind i got the free trial to do it.

But after it gets converted how do you go about putting it under your name here on moon.

:withstup: :withstup: :withstup: :withstup: :withstup: :withstup: :withstup:

#8 Why Two Kay

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:47 PM

My Controls --->Edit Avatar Settings

To host it use www.imageshack.us and take the code that says "Direct Link to image" and put it in that box.

#9 Lin

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:49 PM

Pulling teeth here...

wth is psp 6, please give some links and maybe this Tech Help thread can actually be USEFUL???

#10 Why Two Kay

Posted 27 March 2005 - 05:00 PM

Paint Shop Pro = PSP

But you can just download Animation Shop trial here:
http://www.corel.com...d=1047024443276

#11 Striker

Posted 27 March 2005 - 06:09 PM

ok now i got animation shop 3 but what do i do now. I tryed opening up the .avi file, and it said something like could not open file due to compression.

Now i don't mean to drag on but what do i do to get it up to he part i want under the icon, and how do i open it and set it all up?

another response would be helpful! :-D

better yet i you feel like it either e-mail or personal message giving 'full' details or at least the basic runthrough of what i need to do.

I would be much abliged.

thanx,

#12 Striker

Posted 27 March 2005 - 06:15 PM

one more thing.

If i were to e-mail it to you, what would i need to do before you set me up.

Do i need to shrink the file or can i just tell you what part i want out of it all and you can find it and handle it ok or what?

i'm sorry to drag on but im a little lost on what to do.

Thanxs for the help so far!

#13 Why Two Kay

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:13 PM

You must have a compressed AVI, in which case you cant use it in that program. I am not sure how to do it any other ways, except a very long a complicated way, that invoves doing a screen capture of the avi while playing, then converting that to a .gif

#14 Striker

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:15 PM

can i do it the first way, because the file is pretty big, all i want in it is just like 2-3 seconds worth of video.

How can you capture it while it plays?

#15 Why Two Kay

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:17 PM

Using screen capture programs......search google for it as I dont have any good reccomendations.

#16 Striker

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:19 PM

i'll try sending it to you. if you would please set me up with an icon ill be gratefull.

Now, be in mind the file is pretty big all i want out of it is 2-3 seconds of it. You'll probablly have to capture it somehow and then convert it.

I'll give you details on what i want in the e-mail.

Thanks for the info, though!

thanx,

#17 Striker

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:34 PM

i'm still gonna send it to ya but im also gonna try it for my self, and one of us can do it.

#18 Diabl0

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:29 PM

Animation shop and psp are the first programs i used making my little cartoon videos. I even made an animation for school using animation shop. Very fun to mess around with.

Edit, If anyone of you guys want it, ask me.

Edited by Diabl0, 27 March 2005 - 09:30 PM.

#19 Striker

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:00 PM

sorry man i would've sent it but through hotmail you can't send files bigger than like 4 mb or something like that.Plus to send that big file would've of cost twenty bucks. Sigh.......

I got a couple of .aif-.gif converters, and video capture programs in one package available for free, at [URL=http://www.download.com].

I got the clip i wanted its just that the converstion process has taken at least 2 hours, and its still going.....

So i'll try doing what you said by editing the avatar,etc. after its finished.

If by any chance it doesn't work for me i'll try sending the smaller converted .gif file to you and we'll be all set.

Thanx for all your help, it has been much appreciated, and Have a Happy Easter.

hanx again,

#20 Why Two Kay

Posted 28 March 2005 - 08:29 AM

Hmm......that would be too large of a file to set as a avatar anyways. Do you want GMAIL? I can send you an invite so you can have 1 GB of e-mail space. Then you can send a larger file through the email. I got 317 invites, so your welcome to one...or 6. :D

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com