Photo

Dayz Commander

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JohnAlan

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

My group has discontinued using Dayz commander. Several users noticed strange things happening on their computers. Turns out for several it was malware. On investigation, it was found to have been installed along with Dayz Commander. Found this article from the Steam community: http://steamcommunit...596748674608230 most of my group now use Dayz Launcher to access dayz. Please investigate this yourselves and make your own decisions based on your findings. Have a good DayZ.

#2 Enforcer

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

Thanks John for your information. I found the Dayz launcher the other night, and may start using that instead of commander with this new information. Don't know if true or not, but, can't take any unnecessary chances.

#3 JohnAlan

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:25 PM

Installed malwarebites on 2 of my guys computers, through Team viewer, cleaned their systems, spotless. Launched DayZ Commander and watched malwarebites pop up alearts every time. Made a believer out of me.

#4 LoverBoy.USA

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

umm im not sure but I have very high functioning detection programs and firewalls. Never have found anything with commander on. I don't know.

#5 CrashMaster

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

just ran a Malwarebytes scan on my system and it did not find anything with dayzcommander installed ...

#6 CrDraggin

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

DayZ commander's website does have spyware on their website. Maybe they downloaded it when getting the game too. I can see how malwarebytes could have them flagged since their website has it too.

#7 Thirteen

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

Yes the commander website has a bunch of click through stuff that you think would be downloading what you want, but it isn't. You have to be very carefull when downloading commander. If you click in the wrong place you get hosed with malware. Don't know why the author thinks it's ok to pay for his site having those links, but alas he does.

Probably shouldn't be trusting his software either as he either "A" doesn't have a good moral compass and as such why would you trust his software. "B" Doesn't know how to setup a website, which then makes you wonder about his software writing capabilities.

I will likely try Launcher instead when I return due to this fact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com