Photo

BF1942 crashing out..

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Luose

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:22 AM

Hello,

Ok, well I have updated to Windows 7 and done a fresh install of 1942, i followed the forum links and downloaded pb, and the other updates but still cannot get into game. I can open up the game, find all the servers then when i try and connect to a server it will bring up the loading bar, load fully, then crash out to desktop with no kick error or notification.

Ive even downloaded the other patches on the forum from Tank etc and followed dodgems instructions for win 7 just incase I wasn't shaking the hand that is pb correctly, but still no luck and I'm missing me some bf42!! :(

Any help will of course be appreciated,

Lu

#2 Section8

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:46 AM

Warrior and dodgem worked out a lot of the issues regarding Windows 7 and 42. However, it almost sounds like you need to go into your short cut and do the following if you have not. (I am doing this at work, from memory and typing this from a mac so you maybe able to get Mars instead but here goes)

1) Right click BF42 short cut and look at compatibility tab

2) Change to service pack 3 and click on check mark.

This is what we did for Piggy and it worked like a charm.

Good luck,

Section 8

#3 sagittarii

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:24 AM

Ive had a similar problem and it took me ages until I found out that my BIOS wasnt up-to-date. Check your BIOS Version but be careful when you have to update it!

Win7 runs smoothly once everything is set-up correctly.

#4 Wolf68k

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:27 AM

I know this is gonna sound strange but I had the same issue when I moved to Win7. The strange part is that I did an instant match in the single player and loaded in, which worked just fine. Then I tried a server again and it worked with no problem.

#5 Luose

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:34 PM

:bbb: Here's hoping it will work!

#6 gensolo

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:55 PM

my problem is i can't alt-tab without it crashing...

#7 Luose

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:00 AM

All sorted :) thanks guys :cowdance:

:lock:

#8 Wolf68k

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

Which method fix it for you?
So if someone else has the same problem they'll know what did it for you.

#9 Luose

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:46 AM

I did exactly what Section advised

1) Right click BF42 short cut and look at compatibility tab

2) Change to service pack 3 and click on check mark.

Worked perfectly, the only issue i now need to get around is stopping it from crashing out when i alt-tab ot DT <_<

#10 sagittarii

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

Worked perfectly, the only issue i now need to get around is stopping it from crashing out when i alt-tab ot DT <_<

Let us know when you found a way not to crash now and then when alt-tab out...

#11 Wolf68k

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

Ok strangely I don't have a problem ALT+Tabbing in and out of the game.
I did notice however after a system restart at the game would crash again during a map load and I had to my method to get it to load correctly again.
I did my method and use the compatibility method and ATL+Tab'ed during both and had no problems.

Just for comparison:
Win 7 Pro installed on a SSD
BF42 on a HDD 1TB 32MB cache 7200RPM
2x2GB RAM
9800GT

#12 Audie Murphysahn

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:09 PM

When I try to log on to BF 1942 TDM it says it has a problem and asks if windows should check for a solution. I say yes and it continues to have a problem. I also get the no cd key message..which I don't understand. I got the store bought disk and the cd code so I know I'm legal. Any one care to suggest a possible solution? Thanks.

#13 Wolf68k

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

It would help to know what OS and as many other details you can give.

#14 Audie Murphysahn

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

According to my receipt:

MEMD3 1600 4GKIT PATRIOT VIPER
MBAS P7P55 LX LGA1156 17/15
PS 600W SILVERSTONE STD PLUS
CF CORSAIR A50 1366/1156/775/A
HDSATA 500GB 7200 32MB WD BLUE
CPU1156 i5-661 3.33GHZ RET
VGASAP 5850 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E
CASE LC K56
SW MS WIN 7 HOME 64-BIT
MONCTL 23" 230UW DVI

#15 Hornet

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:46 PM

There are two things going on here, first the Crash issue.

Make sure that you follow the steps in previous posts in this thread for setting the compatability mode of the game. Also check the little check box on the same dialog to run the game as administrator.

The CD-key error is occurring because you are trying to rejoin a server too quickly after you crash while loading. The server itself doesn't see that you have disconnected until after a brief period of time, so if you crash and immediately try to join a server, Battlefield thinks you're already in game. It has nothing to do with you having a bad key, it's just associated to the crash. It happens to me all of the time.

#16 Wolf68k

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

For future reference, I think it would be easier if you just went here and downloaded CPUz http://www.cpuid.com...ares/cpu-z.html to get details of your system
For the CPU tab just pay attention to the line that says Specification.
Mainboard tab: Manufactor and Model lines
SPD tab: Go through each Slot from the pull down and until you see some information, then look at...
Manufactor and Max Bandwidth.
Gaphics tab: GPU->Name and if need be the Memory->Size

To get your OS information: Start->Control Panel->System

#17 Audie Murphysahn

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

I think it's working now..thanks guys. Your last comment , Wolf...is way over my puny software brain. LOL!

#18 Wolf68k

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

Not that hard; download program, run program, read program, write down what program says.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com