Photo

Dealing with Life

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Capn Cackler

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:13 PM

I don't know how ya'll do it, but I'm dying from school. I have no time for anything unless I ignore my schooling. I'm graduating, so that adds more stress, parents might be splitting, and college is breathing down my neck, not to mention I'm pretty sure I'm suffering from depression and maybe something else... Life is hurting. I'm not thinking suicidal, but I'm struggling to get by each day. Maybe it will lessen up when I finish school in 2 weeks, but I have to get a job right away so I doubt it. I know most of you are older, so I was wondering how you dealt with similar situations.

• Rubulator likes this

#2 Highway Man

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:47 PM

I can't imagine how you feel cackler. do your school, study hard, other things can wait. Build a future for your self. Parents splitting is tough time, never had any experience with it personally, but several friends have gone through the same, it's hell.

Remember, Night is the darkest before the light comes.

you will always have friends here, and mark my words.

• Rubulator and Capn Cackler like this

#3 Spare Parts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:33 AM

I have been through everything you describe.  Many people have been where you are right now. There are multitudes who know exactly what you are talking about.  The past is filled with generation after generation who went through the same. 

So, you are not alone and in some cases you're in good company.  Your brain seems to be doing exactly what it is supposed to do when faced with trials and tribulations.  Loneliness in a room full of people, despair and an inability to see an end to current challenges, headaches and stomach aches are all signs you are physically and mentally fine.  Life is messy and you can never clean it all up.

You reached out. Sharing and talking about what ails you in a great start, it takes guts to do that, it is always easier to keep it in.  So it sounds to me like you are a strong person with all the correct physical and mental responses, you are an intelligent person because you realize you don't have the answer and you asked  if anyone had the answer you seek.  Smart.  

unfortunately, the only real answer is not going to help.  It's time.  Time heals, time puts things in perspective, time can change the hell you are going through now into a funny story a year from now. 

Go ahead, get stressed about school but school ends.  Fret over your parents but realize they are two real human beings, that need to work some things out  Get a job and do it well, all the while think about and plan for what you really want to do.  Learn to budget and manage your time well.  While its true time heals remember you are not guaranteed any.   Time is also a gift, live it wisely, cherish even this time, you will be a better stronger person if you do.

• Rubulator and Capn Cackler like this

#4 Capn Cackler

Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:21 AM

Welp, I'm gonna update this post now. So, yesterday evening my dad called me and told me that my mother has filed for a divorce. I am incredibly mad and have so many thoughts flying around my head. I do not feel that my mother is being fair to my father because he has put everything down trying to save this relationship, and my mother is ignorant of his attempts. I feel like my father is being treated very unfairly but he is tired of all this pressure and stress and is giving up. I want to tell him to keep going but I know that it won't do much good. My mom has a lawyer and everything to split up property and stuff (not sure), but my dad has told her that she can have everything because he doesn't want to deal with lawyers and is giving up. I am kind of scared to go home this weekend as it is Canadian thanksgiving but I want to be there to support my 15yo sister who is very dear to me. I wanted to share because I am not sure what to do.

#5 Highway Man

Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:32 AM

I hate to hear that Cackler.
You have friends here. Remember that. We're here for ya bud.
  • Capn Cackler likes this

#6 Rubulator

Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:35 PM

There's not a lot you can do with your parents situation... I would talk to both seperately to find out where there head is at. Sounds like you do know where your dad is emotionally. And of course you have an opinion of what your seeing. And it's valid. 

Just support them all, parents and sister. All we can do in life is take care of our own path. We might influence others. But we never can control what they do. And thus, take care of you. 

When similar things have happened in my life, I look around at the world and see the horrors that some ppl live in. It doesn't make the things that are stressing me go away. But it puts them in perspective. Your healthy. Your smart. You live in a free country. Even if your parents split, you'll still have them. You have a sister you love. You have a life ahead that could hold many adventures.

Most important, love yourself... Get lost in taking care of you. Making yourself happy and better... 

• Capn Cackler likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com