Photo

Steam?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Hornet

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:36 AM

Hey guys, I just purchased my combined copy of CS:S, DoD:S and Half Life. I'm rdy to install but what do I do about a steam account? Does it inquire that I make one when I install or do I need to go and manualy dl it? I'm a newb at this now so any help is appreciated, an explanation of steam would be nice too.

Thx,
Hornet

#2 Doc_UK

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:06 PM

I did the same as you a couple of weeks ago.

During install it'll ask you to set up ya steam account. One good thing about steam is that your steam account allows you to download the game to any new PC you get anywhere, rather than you finding discs etc. I think you don't need disc in PC to play either. I'm sure a more experienced steam user will post more.

#3 mike080697

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:29 PM

Yeah, Steam works great. I have 2 copies of those games you said you have, therefore 2 accounts. My 3 kids and I have it installed on 4 or 5 PC's. Any two of us can play at once on any of those PC's no disc required. We just log in on our account. Your in-game name can be different from you're account user ID. For example we have 3 different game names on my Steam ID. Does that make sense? Anyway it's nice not to have to find the game disc.

#4 Why Two Kay

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:56 PM

You need an account. It's very useful, because it ties your cd-keys to the account. So you can physically lose the disks all you want, and you can still download a copy. It also auto-updates for you. You can play on as many computers as you want, even friends if they have the game, just login with your account and play.

Plus it bans hacker's entire accounts, meaning they are banned from all online games. Yay VAC (even if it is delayed 2 weeks!)

#5 Hornet

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:03 PM

Sweet, cant wait to see ya guys playin cs:s and dod:s

#6 Fuel §

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:06 PM

of this is gonna be fun... :ph34r:

#7 AnonymousFlash

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:36 PM

Don't worry Hornet...Fuel just thinks he's good. :)

#8 Fuel §

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:38 PM

I am somewhat good. If i didnt get slapped/teleported/abused all the time by you admins :whippingsmiley: lol

#9 Fulcrum

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:47 PM

I am somewhat good. If i didnt get slapped/teleported/abused all the time by you admins :whippingsmiley: lol

I know how you feel fuel, Bob is getting out of control with the slapping and the slaying :boff:. I'll get my revenge, some day. :reap:

#10 Fuel §

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:50 PM

I know how you feel fuel, Bob is getting out of control with the slapping and the slaying :boff: . I'll get my revenge, some day. :reap:

And then I say stop KB! and he does it more...and then..
and then...
the laugh... :unsure:

#11 Fulcrum

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:09 PM

I know how you feel fuel, Bob is getting out of control with the slapping and the slaying :boff: . I'll get my revenge, some day. :reap:

and then...

yes, the dreaded KB laugh. I strikes fear in your heart. Horrible. I have dreams that I'm falling down an endless pit and I hear killer Bob laughing in the back ground. :ph34r:

and, dont worry, I wont quote next time.

#12 Doc_UK

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:12 AM

and then...

yes, the dreaded KB laugh. I strikes fear in your heart. Horrible. I have dreams that I'm falling down an endless pit and I hear killer Bob laughing in the back ground. :ph34r:

and, dont worry, I wont quote next time.

Cool.

:wasnt-me:

#13 AnonymousFlash

Posted 08 April 2007 - 07:55 AM

Awww come on...Everyone loves KB!

:wub:

#14 Why Two Kay

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:21 PM

Awww come on...Everyone loves KB!

:wub:

I do indeed love Kibbles and Bits!

#15 Hornet

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:40 PM

Well unfortunatly I most likely will not be able to do some cs:s with ya guys for now. I tried playin it today on lowest settings and my graphics card crapped out <_< So unless there is some miraculous way I can adjust my graphics card to not crap out, aka fail, I will need to be savin up for awhile until i can pay for a new one.

#16 Fulcrum

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:30 PM

Well unfortunatly I most likely will not be able to do some cs:s with ya guys for now. I tried playin it today on lowest settings and my graphics card crapped out <_< So unless there is some miraculous way I can adjust my graphics card to not crap out, aka fail, I will need to be savin up for awhile until i can pay for a new one.

:(

#17 AnonymousFlash

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:42 PM

What are your computer specs?

#18 Why Two Kay

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:45 PM

Yeah, make sure directX is turned down. Tell us your card and I'll give you more info.

A friend of mine used to play on a Radeon7000, which is very very very very old.

#19 Hornet

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:23 PM

1. How do I turn down Direct X?

2. I have an Radeon 9250

3. 512 MB Ram, 2.66 2.66 GHz

If this can be made to work, I will be very gracious.

#20 AnonymousFlash

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:18 PM

I'm fairly certain that the 9 series is DX9, but I can't remember. If it is, that's not the problem. I'm fairly certain that it could run on your machine, but not positive. The Radeon 7000 only has 64mb right Ryan? I know the 9250 has at least 128mb, and Rocky plays on a PCI FX5500 and it works, so I don't think that it's that. I used to run the game with 512mb and it ran fine. Can you give us the model of the processor? (Pentium 4, Celeron, etc.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com