Photo

BEST COMP EVER!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#21 GrimReaper

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:38 PM

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 FX-57 Processor with HyperTransport Technology
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
4GB Dual Channel Corsair XMS DDR550 (you really don't need 4 but for the hell of it)
144GB Performance RAID 0 (2 x 74GB SATA HDDs 10k RPMs)
9 in 1 Media Card Reader and 3.5 in Floppy Drive (for the hell of it)
2 x 16x Lite-On DVD+/-RW w/ double layer write capable
2 x SAMSUNG 243T-Black 24" LCDs (perfect picture quality)
2 x 256MB PCI Express Geforce 7800GTX SLI (Oh Baby)
Sound Blaster Audigy2 Platinum
Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Dual Subwoofer
Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse MX3100
Thermaltake XASER III LanFire Case w/ water cooled (of course)

*drools* 

water cooled is a risky 1 to have know a friend who's comp got fried because it wasnt put in properly

that's why you have to do it properly. I've watercooled 3 systems, no problems. And Raid 0 is not pointless on a desktop. Striping is proven to be more efficient. I forgot to mention those Drives would be Western Digitals, nothing but the best.

only thing you would hear out of this bad boy, is the screaming hard drives. :lol:

#22 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:26 PM

yeah but how much would that spec cost?
gotta be way over the average persons budget

#23 kan3

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:47 PM

And Raid 0 is not pointless on a desktop. Striping is proven to be more efficient.

Raid 0's only real world advantage is increased transfer speeds on large pieces of data between drive locations.

Pros:
Increased write speed of large data bursts on drive

Sounds "neat" - "I have raid 0"

Cons:
Costs 2x as much money for the same amount of storage space

Is 2x as likely to fail since you have 2 drivers to worry about instead of 1 with the same data set

Doesn't change access times or short data burst speeds - Most important part of a normal desktop enviroment

Real world desktop use = big waste of money = atleast do raid1

If the user was more intensive app centered then maybe but if that was the case then the data would most likely be sensitive and it would be raid1 and if it was at a job then it would most likely be transfering to a network share.

#24 kan3

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:50 PM

yeah but how much would that spec cost?
gotta be way over the average persons budget

Best would negate Average

#25 GrimReaper

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:03 PM

And Raid 0 is not pointless on a desktop. Striping is proven to be more efficient.

Raid 0's only real world advantage is increased transfer speeds on large pieces of data between drive locations.

Pros:
Increased write speed of large data bursts on drive

Sounds "neat" - "I have raid 0"

Cons:
Costs 2x as much money for the same amount of storage space

Is 2x as likely to fail since you have 2 drivers to worry about instead of 1 with the same data set

Doesn't change access times or short data burst speeds - Most important part of a normal desktop enviroment

Real world desktop use = big waste of money = atleast do raid1

If the user was more intensive app centered then maybe but if that was the case then the data would most likely be sensitive and it would be raid1 and if it was at a job then it would most likely be transfering to a network share.

First off, he was asking for the "BEST COMP EVER!!". Usually when you are asking for specs on a system, price is not an issue. This is not a computer someone is going to build. If you want pure performance, Raid 0 is what you want. Raid 1 is nice for backup, but that cuts your drive space in half. On a system like this, it really doesn't matter. Again, no system will use 4 gigs of memory. Raid 0 is not a huge performance increase. This is just for the hell of it. If you want cost effectiveness, just use damn IDE. There isn't a huge gain with SATA or Raid. Normal everyday user would not know the difference between this machine or a fricken Dell XPS.

just my 2 and 3/4 cents :P

#26 Graviton

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:29 PM

Screw this, I'm going to use materials in the market, in the year 2057. I have a time machine, so shhh.

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 128 FX-57 Processor with HyperTransport Technology
ASUS A94N-SLI Deluxe Omega Supah Dupah Inane Motherboard
16GB Dual Channel Corsair XMS DDR550
144TB Performance RAID 4624623
34623832 in 1 Media Card Reader and 3.5 in Floppy Drive
7 x 16x Lite-On DVD+/-RW w/ double layer write capable
4 x SAMSUNG 243T-Black 24" LCDs
2 x 256MB PCI Express2 Geforce 147600
Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 10.2 Surround Sound Speaker System with Dual Subwoofer
Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse MX8900
Thermaltake XASER IIIIIII LanFire Case w/ water cooled (of course)

#27 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:39 PM

i think water cooled is a necessaty for that comp or else it would prob melt i think that a fan wouldnt cut it unless u had about a dozen
lol

#28 GrimReaper

Posted 09 August 2005 - 04:31 PM

Screw this, I'm going to use materials in the market, in the year 2057. I have a time machine, so shhh.

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 128 FX-57 Processor with HyperTransport Technology
ASUS A94N-SLI Deluxe Omega Supah Dupah Inane Motherboard
16GB Dual Channel Corsair XMS DDR550
144TB Performance RAID 4624623
34623832 in 1 Media Card Reader and 3.5 in Floppy Drive
7 x 16x Lite-On DVD+/-RW w/ double layer write capable
4 x SAMSUNG 243T-Black 24" LCDs
2 x 256MB PCI Express2 Geforce 147600
Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 10.2 Surround Sound Speaker System with Dual Subwoofer
Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse MX8900
Thermaltake XASER IIIIIII LanFire Case w/ water cooled (of course)

LOL.....Oh can't wait till the future....than a computer like the one i said will be like $100.

i think water cooled is a necessaty for that comp or else it would prob melt i think that a fan wouldnt cut it unless u had about a dozen
lol

Hehe, yea it would be a nuclear melt down. You know what I've always wanted to do? A Vodka cooled case, with a fricken dispenser on the front. I think I could make it work :rolleyes:

#29 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:31 PM

lol is a interesting idea but i think all u will end up doin is decorating your walls with bits of your computer
lol
plus when u drink it u will have to keep toping it up
anyway who would want warm vodka best chilled with coke
:lol:

not that i drink it very much :angelnot:

#30 GrimReaper

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:42 PM

it wouldn't be necessarily hot, but this is how i would envision it. Bottle upside down on top of the case (acts as a reservoir), but basically. The tap would be right after the cooling unit and before the processor. So if u take some, it will be cold before it cools down the processor. I think I could get it to work, I got it planned in my head :P I want try it on my older athlon system, just incase it doesn't work :P

#31 DarkFall

Posted 12 August 2005 - 03:43 PM

4GB Dual Channel Corsair XMS DDR550 (you really don't need 4 but for the hell of it)

*drools* 

water cooled is a risky 1 to have know a friend who's comp got fried because it wasnt put in properly

that's why you have to do it properly. I've watercooled 3 systems, no problems. And Raid 0 is not pointless on a desktop. Striping is proven to be more efficient. I forgot to mention those Drives would be Western Digitals, nothing but the best.

only thing you would hear out of this bad boy, is the screaming hard drives. :lol:

Screaming Western Digitals sounds about right... Only brand of HD I've ever had crash in less than a year... Come to think of it, only one that ever crashed were my Western Digitals... I buy other brands now... <_<

#32 GrimReaper

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:23 PM

*drools* 

Screaming Western Digitals sounds about right... Only brand of HD I've ever had crash in less than a year... Come to think of it, only one that ever crashed were my Western Digitals... I buy other brands now... <_<

i guess thats your personal experience. I personally have had 6 of em. 1 has failed and it is about 10 years old now. I've put them in at least 10 different systems for myself and other people. And no complaints yet. They are the best in my opinion. Maxtor and Seagate have both failed on me, as well as few friends of mine. And you gotta love wd return policy. They'll send you a new hard drive without asking questions, they will even send you the drive without sending the original first.

#33 DarkFall

Posted 13 August 2005 - 03:31 AM

Actually, I believe there are quite a few people on here that have had WDs fail and my brother, a systems analyst for Lexmark, refuses to let Western Digital HDs be used in his department due to their higher failure rate. I've been buying HDs since the mid 80s and I'll probably never buy a Western Digital... <_<

#34 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:00 AM

lol ok grim but when it explodes and blows your computer to iddy biddy pieces rem to take a pic so every1 can c the carnage

#35 GrimReaper

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:22 AM

lol ok grim but when it explodes and blows your computer to iddy biddy pieces rem to take a pic so every1 can c the carnage

hehe i plan on it. :P When I do design it, I'll post some pics on here. It may take me a bit though.

#36 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 14 August 2005 - 02:44 PM

kewl dude carnt wait
neva seen a computer explode from vodka

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com