Photo

Where Did The Population Go?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

I usually log in between 7 and 9 central and lately the population has been under 10. When is the peak period nowadays?

#2 Moving Target

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

Between going back to school and a head/neck injury I haven't had a lot of time to play. Usually when I do it's around 12-2pm MST

#3 momzrule

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:06 AM

I like to get on after dinner is done and everyone is settled for the night.  Usually after 8:30p EST. 

#4 Colonel Tavington

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

I'm already settled for the night by then *hic*

• Rubulator and Hairy Russian Dude like this

#5 Rubulator

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

A lot of the younger players are back at school. But lets face it. It's like most of us... An oooooold game. 

#6 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:31 PM

Well if the population is dropped due to school, how about some consideration towards running CTF?

• Rubulator likes this

#7 Renlist

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:39 AM

How fucking lame and easy is it to cap the opposing teams main base flags like Aberdeen or Battle of the Buldge these days,  early on with just 10 playing?  Not hard at all.  Someone typed, during the  match, "Aberdeen should have no jeeps."  True, now.

Back in the days...there'd be 36 playing and re-spawning at a main base.  Jeeping  up to the others base and capping it within three minutes of the game starting wouldn't happen.  How lame and easy it is to be a griefer now?  EZ

Mod Aberdeen to make both main base flags uncappable.  There's plenty of action to be had in between.   

#8 Spare Parts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:52 PM

How fucking lame and easy is it to cap the opposing teams main base flags like Aberdeen or Battle of the Buldge these days,  early on with just 10 playing?  Not hard at all.  Someone typed, during the  match, "Aberdeen should have no jeeps."  True, now.

Back in the days...there'd be 36 playing and re-spawning at a main base.  Jeeping  up to the others base and capping it within three minutes of the game starting wouldn't happen.  How lame and easy it is to be a griefer now?  EZ

Mod Aberdeen to make both main base flags uncappable.  There's plenty of action to be had in between.   

i swear you might as well cut and paste your posts now.

• Grassy and pinchythelobster like this

#9 mistamontiel

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:14 PM

It is hard to see even 10-15 on lately ={ Heart break

#10 King of the Squirrels

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:14 PM

School times are always tough. I hoping it pick up again.

• Rubulator likes this

#11 Highway Man

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:45 PM

People don't know the fun they're missing on MG. I like the server cause you CAN attack the uncap bases. Un like the snow flake protector servers such as AX or SimpleFrance1942

#12 Steve2112

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

So that you and moon execs can ignore them just the same? 

#13 Spare Parts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:44 PM

So that you and moon execs can ignore them just the same? 

I clearly don't ignore them.  You chose the wrong person to make this claim against.  I stand by my comment, Renlist has made this exact point many times before, if I were to "ignore" them I wouldn't be responding.  If ignore is not the word you meant to use please consult a dictionary and try again.

#14 Grassy

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:28 AM

I am usually on about 2pm central time off and on through 8pm during the week.  I think if we can all check the server at our convenient times and see who is in and try to make things fun again we can probably increase #'s.   There have been mistakes on both sides, I have went in the server at times after having a stressful day and express nothing but negativity, and whine or openly criticize people.  I have witnessed other folks doing this and it makes me take a look at myself about when I do it as well.  I will do my best to do better.

If I walk into a bar or any type of establishment and I see people insulting each other, I do a 180 and go somewhere else.

When you join the server "Say hello"  if someone gets the best of you?  Say "nice shot" or "good kill"  Remember this is just a game, games are supposed to be fun!  Everyone wants to be recognized!

Let's "attempt" to be proactive and not reactive at one of the last outposts of this great game!

• D Day, mistamontiel and Steve2112 like this

#15 Steve2112

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:15 AM

I clearly don't ignore them.  You chose the wrong person to make this claim against.  I stand by my comment, Renlist has made this exact point many times before, if I were to "ignore" them I wouldn't be responding.  If ignore is not the word you meant to use please consult a dictionary and try again.

No I meant "ignore". However....I did not actually mean you personally, and you have my apologies. I did word my comment very poorly. You are one of the most helpful, friendly and patient admins. 

#16 Steve2112

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:19 AM

I am usually on about 2pm central time off and on through 8pm during the week.  I think if we can all check the server at our convenient times and see who is in and try to make things fun again we can probably increase #'s.   There have been mistakes on both sides, I have went in the server at times after having a stressful day and express nothing but negativity, and whine or openly criticize people.  I have witnessed other folks doing this and it makes me take a look at myself about when I do it as well.  I will do my best to do better.

If I walk into a bar or any type of establishment and I see people insulting each other, I do a 180 and go somewhere else.

When you join the server "Say hello"  if someone gets the best of you?  Say "nice shot" or "good kill"  Remember this is just a game, games are supposed to be fun!  Everyone wants to be recognized!

Let's "attempt" to be proactive and not reactive at one of the last outposts of this great game!

Great post grassy. It's a little bit like our political atmosphere right now. Everyone so quick to throw insults, or condescend, on TV all the  smug self-important snide comments. AT some point, someone has to maintain civility and respect. 

I know I have been VERY guilty of flying off the handle- like you said sometimes it was just a bad day, maybe sometimes a bad internet connection. However, of late, I have been having fun and relaxing about getting my arse whipped. :).  And now? last two times I joined "1 player" in game :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com