Photo

Anti-Tank on infantry settings

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#1 MidgetWithaSpork

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

I was gone for a few days due to having to move and noticed today that it appears that the damage settings for bazooka on infantry hits have been tweaked.  (This was on Market Garden, one of my favorite maps)  A direct hit on infantry now only does about 75% damage while a rear shot on a tank still kills it.  I really hope that whomever made this change would please consider putting it back to normal.  I'm afraid that it will further reduce the server population as there are still several regular players that prefer to zook.  (Scientific studies have confirmed that it is 27% more fun than other kits.)  I can understand the change to the grenades as it addresses the nade spamming problem.  I probably won't rage quit the game, but it makes MoonGamers less attractive as a place to play... at least for me.  (if this was the intention all along, just say so and I will very sadly be on my way.)  I really like the regular Moongamers players.  I feel like this change penalizes the skilled antitank players when other infantry already enjoy a large advantage over zookers.  I didn't notice that other weapons had been weakened as I died a LOT.  I know, I know, who doesn't like killing midgets a LOT?

Could any of the powers that be please comment on this?  Is this a permanent change?  Is it server wide, or just on Market Garden?  Is there any possibility of this setting being put back the way it was?

And, as always, please keep the discussion friendly... please no rants from devoted anti tankers.

• Rubulator and pinchythelobster like this

#2 Grassy

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

I hit a jeep directly yesterday....made it smoke but didn't kill it...same with a b17 didn't even make it smoke

#3 pinchythelobster

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

I’ve had direct hits to unsuspecting infy (close up) and it’s no longer a one shot kill. I figured it was latency issues but with recent comments in game and this post, inquiring minds want to know.

I would argue that’s its 50% more fun to zook than any other kit; Your numbers are off.

#4 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:35 PM

Thats the fun of the zook.
Slow, inaccurate, but kills the hell out of anything it does hit.

• mistamontiel likes this

#5 MidgetWithaSpork

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:17 AM

I have confirmation that the settings have indeed been tweaked and are "being tested".  I am hopeful that some of the senior admins will comment on this thread.  And, of course, I respectfully request, nay I beg and plead that the settings be put back to normal.  Let the nightmare end!  Kittens, puppies, and unicorns everywhere are perishing over this!

#6 MidgetWithaSpork

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:52 AM

We are nearing the end of our home construction and have just had to move to an apartment for 6-10 weeks, so my time to play is reduced a bit more than normal.  As much as I have come to enjoy playing w/ the MG regulars and as much as I love the community within the MoonGamers BF42 server, I don't want to spend my recreation time frustrated.  I have some free time this morning and the server is empty.  Normally I would join MG and sit there to attract other players, but I am choosing to do something else instead this morning (write this post/message and go for a run) as a result of the changes.  The game just isn't as fun with the current settings.

Also, I just don't think this change makes any sense if you consider it logically.  I would ask, did you turn down the damage of the medic, assault, and engineer guns?  (I'm not asking for this as I think the general great playability of BF42 is what has kept players active for so many years.)  Has anyone done anything to decrease the dominance of a skilled pilot during a round?  Have the settings been changed so that when all of the small handful of good pilots join one team, which they often do, their effect on the round is muted?  Again, I am not asking that this be done.  

I would very much like to know who came up with this idea.  I just don't understand why anyone would decide to disadvantage a single class of player in the game...  The slow rate of fire/reload, and the inaccuracy of the bazooka is plenty to counter the lethality of a hit on infantry.  I offer my abysmal KDR as direct evidence of this.  Rarely did it move into positive territory with the normal settings.  I probably die more than 95% of other players.  (Except for Twilight and Miller bots on Bocage... ok normal Miller too.) I played for about 20 minutes the other day with the new settings and got only 2 kills which were on tanks despite 4 or 5 direct point blank infantry hits.

I fully understand that the MoonGamers admins may change the server as they wish and when they wish.  But I desperately hope that they will consider putting the settings back to normal.

• Eliminator likes this

#7 Grassy

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

to be honest....too much micro managing and nerfing weapons isn't solving anything

• mistamontiel likes this

#8 Spare Parts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:06 PM

If I understand this correctly.  In another thread we have someone saying TRY something different or Moongamers will continue to lose population, and in this thread, Moongamers is being told, stop trying or try something that doesn't affect how I play, or you will lose population.   Maybe Moongamers should try to try, but not actually do anything?

• King of the Squirrels likes this

#9 King of the Squirrels

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

Smart man Spare. Officer material I say..  :cowdance:

#10 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

Why so snarky Spare?
Trying is good. It just wasn't successful in this case.

Sincere question though, was this a player request or an admin thought? I too do not understand the logic behind nerfing the zook or weapons in general.

Another good example of how a Mod Suggestions thread could open dialogue between players and modders to come up with successful ideas.

#11 MidgetWithaSpork

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:51 PM

Spare is snarky because I zook his wig off a LOT.  It was easy AND fun.  Now, only fun, no longer easy...  

#12 Spare Parts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

Why so snarky Spare?
Trying is good. It just wasn't successful in this case.

Sincere question though, was this a player request or an admin thought? I too do not understand the logic behind nerfing the zook or weapons in general.

Another good example of how a Mod Suggestions thread could open dialogue between players and modders to come up with successful ideas.

Sooo it wasn't successful? I think Moongamers should give this test more time before they consult with you whether  it was successful or not. 

#13 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:06 PM

Fair enough.

Now, admin decision or player request?

#14 Spare Parts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:20 PM

Fair enough.

Now, admin decision or player request?

no idea.  I'm in the snarky dept. not the modding.

• dodgem likes this

#15 Grassy

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:42 PM

Has the bazooka damage been modified? I have noticed a couple things, and have wondered, I’m just looking for an answer, not an argument. Either way I will continue to play, thank you for your answer in advance, if something like this has happened, is there a post somewhere I can read about it?

#16 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:29 AM

As far as I know the infantry damage of the bazooka has been reduced slightly on infantry and the damage on vehicles didn't change. As for why, we had this little guy about yee high running around in the server blowing everyones nuts off every time, because he is short and can't aim up. The virtility doctor told me this is bad for the count, so measure had to be taken. As previous tests we're probably going to try it for some weeks.

Pro tip: when you hit one with a zook, quickly change to pistol and finish them off.

• Grassy likes this

#17 MidgetWithaSpork

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:03 AM

As far as I know the infantry damage of the bazooka has been reduced slightly on infantry and the damage on vehicles didn't change. As for why, we had this little guy about yee high running around in the server blowing everyones nuts off every time, because he is short and can't aim up. The virtility doctor told me this is bad for the count, so measure had to be taken. As previous tests we're probably going to try it for some weeks.

Pro tip: when you hit one with a zook, quickly change to pistol and finish them off.

I still think this neuters the antitank kit too much.  No other weapon is as easy to track because of the smoke trail and the sound.  On the rare occasions when an anti tanker makes a longer shot, with the current non lethal settings it is like leaving a neon sign pointing to the position from where it was made.  As to reloads, even the slowest weapons reload over twice as fast as the bazooka and they are much more difficult to locate.  Were there really complaints from other players about getting killed by bazooka too much?  

The same logic could be used to request that the guns and bombs in all the planes be reduced to non fatal on infantry.  Headshots are so annoying from snipers and engineers.  Can we reduce the hit damage on their guns too?  And lets make it the same for medic, it shouldn't be possible to kill an infantry without part of a second magazine.  Oh, and the medic kit should only heal about 25% of damage.  There, fixed it.

The server is empty again this morning where normally a game would be starting up.  I don't say this to show any lack of respect, but if this was done to increase server population, perhaps it would be worthwhile to track it.  Yesterday, I very reluctantly went to another server for a bit.  I did see two of the morning regulars there other than myself.  I would very much rather to continue playing at MG, but it just isn't enjoyable for me with the current settings.  I realize I'm just one player and that my opinion about the settings probably doesn't make any difference so I'll give up on it.

Thanks for letting us know about the changes and the duration and thanks for the civil discourse.  When and if the admins decide to change this back, could someone please post about it?

Thanks.

#18 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:03 AM

Headshots are so annoying from snipers and engineers.  

I believe the bazooka still does 100% damage on headshots

#19 Grassy

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:19 PM

The damage on vehicles has been decreased as well.  :(

#20 pinchythelobster

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

Folks, keep in mind that it's pretty cool to still have people willing to put in their personal time to make changes to the game considering how old it is. Sometimes it's easier, and often times it makes the most sense, to silently implement things and see what happens and who squawks.

If moon consistently asked for feedback prior to making changes, I doubt there would be a single change implemented!! Some things end up working, some don't.

These changes bother me because I zook 90% of the time and will switch over to other kits only as needed. My answer - I won't be switching to other servers, I will simply switch kits until this is fixed (crosses fingers). 

Thank you Moon for trying things out. I respectfully ask that this be rolled back please if you deem it acceptable.

Pinchy

• posi and Captain John H. Miller like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com