Photo

Market Garden ad nauseum

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:38 PM

What is it with that map being chosen so often?  Sunday nights it goes on for hours, then every chance the admins get...GEE    ITS MARKET GARDEN  AGAIN!

Then of course the timer is taken off  that one map so it can go on and on ad nauseum.    

While its a good map, it isn't when it's played into the ground.  God that map is getting overly familiar.

#2 posi

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:15 PM

It's in rotation with axe coming up..    Play on and I will meet you halfway~    

Stay off server and post, MG will be my favorite map.

#3 Renlist

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:03 PM

MG IS probably the best map, but It's brutal when one team has twice the tickets, the timer turned off with an hour left after an hour of play already. After that marathon, a lot of people drop out for the next maps (Sunday night, late or not). Not to mention when Allied finally caps all the flags, asshats drive over to Axis side blowing up all our bridge mines,

allowing Axis to easily re-cap flags. Those types never cap a flag and ruin our hard won capped flags. It's akin to sabotaging your teams chances, whether on purpose or not.

Ya,..I dropped out after an hour. 2.5 plus hours is too much for me playing ANY map.  Will drop back in for Battleaxe if there's still a decent number of players.

Sunday SWWW2 expansion pack map Raid on Aghelia was fun. Eagles Nest is kind of cool also. Kbely airfield has spacey jets sounds flying over, a bit dark and boring gameplay with so few.  

#4 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:20 AM

this again  ??????

• Angerfist likes this

#5 Angerfist

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:21 PM

Not to mention when Allied finally caps all the flags, asshats drive over to Axis side blowing up all our bridge mines,

allowing Axis to easily re-cap flags. Those types never cap a flag and ruin our hard won capped flags. It's akin to sabotaging your teams chances, whether on purpose or not.

Good point. This kind of players are usually keen on their 0 - 3 easy camping kills with a stolen tank. And it's not just a few doing this.

• Rubulator likes this

#6 King of the Squirrels

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:49 PM

Hey everyone.

News flash,

There is no new maps. I even tried complaining to eagame with no luck. LOL  Market Garden is the most request map still.  Moon mixes our maps trying to keep things fresh. You can always ask a for a map, depends on the admin and sever population.  Game on good luck.

Squirrel

#7 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:00 PM

Not to mention when Allied finally caps all the flags, asshats drive over to Axis side blowing up all our bridge mines,

Good point. This kind of players are usually keen on their 0 - 3 easy camping kills with a stolen tank. And it's not just a few doing this.

What is Moon's rule against this?

I have reread the rules and nothing that rules against this. Am I over looking something???

#8 Angerfist

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:10 PM

Destroying your whole teams' defence (mines) and minimizing their chances to win (or at least have a decent game without getting constantly slaughtered by Axis tanks) because of egoism (aka not giving a damn about the team and actively harming it) could be considered as playing disruptive.

#9 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:15 PM

It really isn't. All the admins that have been thru moongamers since I been here I know are not been trained that way.

Bottom line is this is a game and we all should remember that.

Have a nice day.

#10 gregefc

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:26 PM

If I'm on allied and am wanting to go to the axis uncap for some camping, I will at least swim over. Or walk halfway across the bridge and parachute off. And although it's been some time since I've even played, I damn sure don't do it unless we have all the flags capped.

#11 Angerfist

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:35 AM

It really isn't. All the admins that have been thru moongamers since I been here I know are not been trained that way.

Have a nice day.

Thanks for clarifying.

Always good when a crash test dummie berates me on how things could be interpretated.

Much love, respect, have fun 'n stuff.

#12 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:43 PM

Have a nice day.

Thanks for clarifying.

Always good when a crash test dummie berates me on how things could be interpretated.

Much love, respect, have fun 'n stuff.

I got tired of at Husky, ((when not at plane (muahahah !)) to mine bridge and chat to team that can dodge then and not explode them, I even stand in front of them pointing where to pass,  but nothing   they just drive on them w/o care a sec about it, ALSO I GOT RAMED !

#13 Angerfist

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:21 PM

I got tked so often by jeep kamikaze clowns, I stopped counting. Not sure if they are just drunk, if they have problems with seeing the difference of red and blue, if they have a reaction time of 3 - 7 seconds or if they do it on purpose.

Also a lot of fun : getting a tk and getting killed because a random crash test dummy MUST crash into the tank I'm shooting at. Stopped counting.

"lol" is their usual statement. Fun Fun Fun.

Maybe I should get some flying lessons by Raptor and Twilight.

#14 Renlist

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:26 PM

They can't shoot guns worth a damn, don't want to get better at that and there are only 2 Allied tanks on the Market Garden side, so they go riding over bridge mines to get an Axis tank.

If it gets to where all Allied flags are capped and it's a wipe out score, then maybe.  But not when the Allied are trying to fight back and finally get bridge flags capped to stop the bleeding.

Allied Engineers mine the bridges to get Axis tickets finally counting down and asshats drive over our bridge mines and minutes later, both bridge flags are uncapped and capped by Axis.

That  IS  disruptive play and they should be warned with a yellow HUD message.  If I were an admin, and I saw the same asshat doing that again soon after?   KICKED!

And yes....they only manage 3 kills with a stolen tank before they're stolen tank is blown up. All while having blown up their teams bridge mines.  That is NOT helping the team to win.

• Angerfist likes this

#15 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:23 PM

Funny how you boys can be lead astray.

Lets get this thread back on topic please.

If you two want to bash me, start another thread.

:)

#16 Renlist

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

Have a nice day.

So therefore, let's all behave like asshats since it's only a game.  Got it.

#17 Angerfist

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:31 PM

Funny how you boys can be lead astray.

Lets get this thread back on topic please.

If you two want to bash me, start another thread.

:)

If your earlier posts were meant to troll me, you got me good. Pushed the right buttons to cause an allergic reaction.

Not interested in bashing on you or insulting you, since we talked once in TS I know that you're alright. Post #13 wasn't directed against you.

#18 King of the Squirrels

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:40 PM

It's too funny.   Some players complain axis wins to much. Then when allies win the allies win to much. The map will change on how it played by the players. I have seen both sides get pounded.  If being stupid or noobish we all have been banned or kicked for something. So game on!!

• Angerfist likes this

#19 King of the Squirrels

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:17 AM

Yesterday, Axis won the morning round of market, That late afternoon axis got pounded.  Bump... lol

#20 birney

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:09 PM

There are plenty of maps that we could run but to do so on this server would do more damage than good. Everyone would have to download the maps and I mean everyone for it to be even slightly successful. We once had about two weeks of promotion to run many of these maps on our mod server and where lucky if ten people bothered to turn up. Perhaps we can re-visit this if and when our mod server is put back up.

• dodgem, -=TheTroopeR=- and Rubulator like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com