Bringing Sexy Back
Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:25 PM
Then I was reading the STO forums and this idea has shown great interest with many people feeling in a similar fashion. So, here is what I propose for a fun fleet night or something. Let's get back to basics on our ship builds. Some guidelines would be:
1. [No parking] As much as I do this in my cannon build, have you ever seen, in any space combat footage from any movie, a starship sitting stationary just blasting away with its cannons and torps? Neither have I. So, to that end, you must be moving at least a quarter impulse at all times. You can go faster, but, you can't stop, short of your engines being offline.
2. [MK X or Less Weapons] Yep, you see correctly. I would suggest we only use mark ten gear or less, and really to keep the cost down of having to buy new weapon types, use blue gear to start. If you have a purple mark ten sitting around, or pick one up in a drop AND it matches with your energy type, feel free to drop it in there.
3. [Torpedo/Mine] You must have a torp on the front and a either a torp or mine in the aft position.
4. [Weapons] All weapons must be race/ship specific. So, if you are flying a Federation ship..you have to use phasers. If you plan on a Romulan toon, plasma..a Klingon toon...disruptor etc. Basically, when you purchased the ship, what weapon type came on the thing in the first place?
5. [Rep gear] You can use whatever reputation gear you want for engine, deflector, warp core, and shields for the sake of survivability since the battles should be a little more drawn out. Although, I would suggest if there is a race specific gear set for your toon, use it just for giggles.
6 [Ship type] Doesn't really matter, but, that will determine your energy weapon and torpedo/mine selection. Fleet or C-Store variants are certainly allowed. We could always do an all "ship type" kind of thing as well if we can all get the same type of ship..say a Galaxy or Defiant or something. We would have to a poll to see who has what.
7. [BOFFs] Open to your discretion.
8. [DOFFs] Open to your discretion.
9. [Consoles] Are also held to the MK X level or lower. No Dyson or other fleet consoles allowed on this build.
I figure with the ease by which you can change out one platform with another, just save this build as some other name of a build. I was thinking Big Sexy or something.
So, the idea behind this is to have to work as a team to accomplish the goal. I could always just join their channel and all, but, figured I would bring this idea to our fleet to see if it gets any traction. So, say, on like Saturday nights, we could Bring Sexy Back and have to play vs. just grind out this or that.
Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:37 PM
I think doing an event like this is a great idea. I'm up for it anytime. Let's bring sexy back!!
Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:41 PM
Seriously though, I already follow at least 3 or 4 of those rules, but I would be down with trying it out. I think another good idea would be to use lower lvl ships! I'l wanted to bring out my original series Enterprise for a while! And some of those mid-lvl sci ships are cool!
Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:34 PM
...wait, I dunno if mine is still around.
OH WAIT, NEW IDEA. The mirror universe ships are uber cheap. We could do a thing where we all buy a single, unique universe ship. Then, meet up on the Fleet Starbase. Then either in a circle or with random numbers assigned, the ships are traded to someone and that ship MUST be used (even if it doesn't match their career specialty).
Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:06 PM
Certainly I am. Is there a cap to a mirror universe ship cost? I am not looking at the ship list so don't know what is out there, but, would like to try something like this just to make it more challenging in your standard elite STF. I guess, anything under a million would work, considering we all probably have at least a mil kicking around.
Well, let me start looking at the mirror universe ship list..
Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:26 PM
Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:18 AM
Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:51 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users