Photo

Warning Connection Problems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 -= James =-

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:30 PM

ok. every time i join moon il kick ass for few mins and get the yellow warning thing that says... warning connect problem ..... then i get dissconnected....
i play other servers for couple hours ... and doesnt happen ... any help appreciated , later :comp26: :comp26:

#2 Lin

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:36 PM

How many times/days has this happened, and where are you located?

#3 -= James =-

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:44 PM

it happend about 6 times ... .. most of it was last time i play'd couple nights ago ... but then it started again today...

im in southern california.

#4 King of the Squirrels

Posted 16 June 2004 - 04:13 PM

How you have a cable/dsl modem. Try resetting your modem. It can be done by sofeware or switch on the back. I had the same problem...... :bop2:
Captain Squirrel

#5 -= James =-

Posted 16 June 2004 - 04:25 PM

yea i have i cable modem ..il try unplugn it and turn'n it off... thx

#6 Lin

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:23 PM

There are internet problems from time to time that you just can't do anything about. I have had the same problem on Moon before but was able to play on BUGS without incident, and that went on for a couple of days. Since I am a TeamSpeaker, I noticed there were times I could talk and be heard, and times I couldn't...basically my outgoing signal was pulsing on and off but the incoming was steady...this was, however, enough to crash me out of game constantly.

I ran every diagnostic I could at home, then called my cable company and they tried to convince me it was my home equipment. Then they wanted to send out a tech...but if the tech didn't find anything wrong I would have been charged so I politely told them where to get off (can you say SCAM?). A couple of days later all was well in my internet world and it went away, seems it was just a problem somewhere between me and the Moon server in Kansas. I ran a tracert (the cable help dude wanted to know what that was... <_< ) and it appeared the problem was closer to the server than to me...so nothing I could do until someone in another state fixed their sh*t.

What you can do is run your home diagnostics and make sure there is nothing wrong with your own equipment...but if you're able to get onto other servers, my guess is your equipment is ok.

#7 -= James =-

Posted 16 June 2004 - 10:43 PM

hopefully itll jus go away.... thanks for the help .... :lol:

#8 Enforcer

Posted 17 June 2004 - 01:48 PM

Unlike me, who just doesn't have any signal at all. damn cable companies. hopefully tonight I will get a tech that knows what the hell is going on.

#9 Lin

Posted 17 June 2004 - 03:35 PM

Hey James, saw you playing last night for quite a while...problem solved?

#10 Clan Hunter

Posted 18 June 2004 - 12:11 AM

today im playing moders secondary and out of no where i get connection probs and get kicked <_< . so i got back in and i get kicked again. and i keep getting kicked from ts :angry:

#11 Enforcer

Posted 18 June 2004 - 01:55 PM

Um..Hunter, wouldn't this be a more appropriate post on Moders?

#12 Lin

Posted 18 June 2004 - 03:06 PM

Hunter, if you're getting kicked from Moder's secondary server and Moon TeamSpeak, it's more likely an internet connection problem between you and the server location.

Moon and Moders servers are with the same business, same location, so if you're having a problem with both you can count on it being either your computer and local connection, or an internet problem between you and the server location.

#13 Clan Hunter

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:41 PM

oh well i think its gone. sorry for posting a moders problem here :( I dont go to moders forums.

#14 Lin

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:44 PM

No problem, we're all one big community!

#15 -= James =-

Posted 20 June 2004 - 03:12 AM

yea the other night i was able to play up till about 110 points .. no dissconnect :P

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com