Photo

Severe Lag

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Why Two Kay

Posted 11 July 2004 - 01:39 PM

OK, i am getting the worst lag ever. I have a ping of 35 and my lag is terrible. I dont think its graphics because i changed all setting to the lowest they can go, disabled all sound, ran at 640X480X16. I check for viruses and spyware. I even played without any other program running. I have checked my services and have all unnecessary ones disabled. I even disabled all overclocking on my system but LAG is still present. I ant even sqitch weapon, im stuck with my Thompson (not necessarily a bad thing, but i cant get my medic pack out.) Its not only on moon. Its also present on some of the EA Coral Sea and other EA servers. Anybody got anny suggestions?

#2 kaiserD

Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:05 PM

could be internet problems...just because your ping reads 35 in-game doesnt mean its accurate. try rebooting (even though it probably wont help) or just be patient. sometimes the internet gets a little lagged out, you just have to work with it. stupid lagging internet... <_<

#3 Lin

Posted 11 July 2004 - 05:11 PM

It could be netgestion, but on the other hand it occurs to me this started after you started playing around with overclocking. You might need to put everything back where it was and delete the overclocking software. Also, don't forget to run Adaware and Spybot to get rid of any outside influences...

#4 Why Two Kay

Posted 11 July 2004 - 05:47 PM

it occurs to me this started after you started playing around with overclocking. You might need to put everything back where it was and delete the overclocking software. Also, don't forget to run Adaware and Spybot to get rid of any outside influences...

I have run spyware removers (as noted in my origional post). I have disabled ALL overclicking (as noted in my origional post). I have even gone as to re-install all video drivers (this time from ATI) and even Battlefield and still no-go. Im talking 2 or three frames per-second I see. (My game's fps counter is still reading about 30 which is normal) This says its not my computer, but probobly some clog in the net out there. Also, i failed to mention this started Friday. I started overclocking on Saturday.

#5 Jack

Posted 11 July 2004 - 05:58 PM

LOL, maybe its your APC whoring that is causing all of this. Do you get the lag while your TSO is on by any chance?

#6 Why Two Kay

Posted 11 July 2004 - 08:11 PM

LOL, maybe its your APC whoring that is causing all of this. Do you get the lag while your TSO is on by any chance?

I turned TeamSpeak, TSO, everything running in background off, and I still get lag.

#7 Jack

Posted 11 July 2004 - 09:55 PM

Trade in the APC and get a new comp :bop2:

I found one trick that always works for me (other than rtfm). Give your comp a flush. Make it nice and clean.

#8 Why Two Kay

Posted 12 July 2004 - 12:41 PM

I have solved my lag! It was all from TSO. I dont understand why, because ive been using it for weeks without any problems, but just Friday it started acting up. Too bad, i really liked it.

#9 Enforcer

Posted 12 July 2004 - 02:23 PM

True, but remembering it is in alpha stage right now, and as such, there is a lot of extraneous code in the application. I have stopped using mine for the time being because of that. I also was experiencing lag, but at varied times. However, running up the short ramp and turning the corner is NOT a good time to experience lag.

#10 LeadPoison

Posted 12 July 2004 - 02:48 PM

I have solved my lag! It was all from TSO. I dont understand why, because ive been using it for weeks without any problems, but just Friday it started acting up. Too bad, i really liked it.

LOL, you know when I asked you if you have installed any new software, that would include TSO.....oh well, glad to see you got it fixed.

#11 Why Two Kay

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:08 PM

LOL, you know when I asked you if you have installed any new software, that would include TSO.....oh well, glad to see you got it fixed.

It wasnt "new" at the time, i had been using it for a couple of weeks. No problems, then.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com