Photo

Victory sounds...

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Comet

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:51 PM

This .zip contains German and US shorter full-cap victory sounds.

Follow this path...

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\your account name\day of defeat source\dod\sound\ambient

If there is no ambient folder after the sound folder simply create one, then put the two victory files (german/us) into the ambient folder.

Attached Files

#2 KILLER BOB

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:04 PM

Nice find comet!

#3 VetteDude

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:12 PM

Where do you replace it? I searched my Steam folder for "sound" (and "win") and didn't find anything that looked likely.

#4 Fulcrum

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:54 PM

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\fulcrum26\day of defeat source\dod\sound\admin_plugin\funpitbull

#5 Why Two Kay

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:42 PM

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\fulcrum26\day of defeat source\dod\sound\admin_plugin\funpitbull

Er no.

Just put it into the sound directory.

You are not replacing files, these just get loaded over anything in the GCF files. Those are REALLY big ZIP files, per say, that contain all the game files.

#6 Fulcrum

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:41 PM

well, I changed that file and i never hear it. Although I turned it back on just because I think I like it now.

#7 VetteDude

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:08 PM

If I don't have a sound file under the dod subfolder, do I just put the one from the .zip in there?

#8 Comet

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:41 AM

Er no.

You are not replacing files, these just get loaded over anything in the GCF files. Those are REALLY big ZIP files, per say, that contain all the game files.

Could you be more specific...sound directory?

#9 bondmaster

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:48 AM

Im telling ya Dan, we need to just replace it with Star Wars music. Much quieter and cooler!!!! :)

Matt

#10 VetteDude

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:06 AM

I would love a clip of DeForest Kelley to play whenever I kill someone that says "He's dead, Jim." :lol:

#11 Why Two Kay

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:01 AM

Er no.

Could you be more specific...sound directory?

Ah, what I meant was in Fulcrum's post there, he put some subdirectories under the sound directory, I bolded the proper path.

#12 Comet

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:23 AM

I tried that Ryan and it didn't work. I'm still trying to figure out where to place them.

Actually I was wondering if those files could be used on our server, not individual computers. Perhaps we can vote to see if members like the long drawn out victory music or the short and sweet version.

#13 bondmaster

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:00 PM

I tried that Ryan and it didn't work. I'm still trying to figure out where to place them.

Actually I was wondering if those files could be used on our server, not individual computers. Perhaps we can vote to see if members like the long drawn out victory music or the short and sweet version.

I believe we can set a default, however we would have to take a couple of minutes to find out where the files are located.

Matt

#14 Doc_UK

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:14 PM

Anyway to make them less loud though?

#15 Comet

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:52 PM

:withstup:

#16 Copet

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:34 PM

Imperial March for Nazi victory?

Cantina song for Allies?

#17 Topher

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

Dunno, but I put the command in so I don't download sounds coming from servers
But can you have it make a certain noise when you get a kill?
I really like the Mario "Powerup" in most Gungames
Which by the way is tonight correct?

#18 Hartley

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:47 PM

I think the Notre Dame fight song would be appropiate for Alliec victory, whereas the Imperial March would be good for the Axis wins.

I think we should use the American and German national Anthems. That'd be cool.

Or maybe Yankee Doodle at American Victories and Taps and Axis wins.

I like the long music though, especially when that one guy sings it over the ingame voice.... 3 notes behiind.

#19 VetteDude

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:02 PM

This is what happens when people can't just include a simple little readme in their friggin .zip files <_<

#20 Why Two Kay

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:07 PM

It has cal_ in the filename, possibly it was from a post on the CAL forums?

Also all sounds and such are client side, we can't do anything on the server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com