Photo

Day Of Defeat (Tips)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 xdoublex

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:22 PM

for (newcomers) and people who are trying out the game what are some tips that we should know about the gameplay and your server.

1. Im a newcomer and going to be trying out this game over the weekend if everything goes good and the server/game seems to be fun i will be buying this game and offley be playing it alot.
>What are some tips that we should know to compeat agaiste other players
>What server is moongamers called on Dod (New I dont Know)
>Also is there a certain map that you guys usually play or do you play lots of differnt ones?
>Do you recomand a certain server to get started at???

P:S Any other New people who just bought the game and have tips or questions about game post here thats why i made this topic. Becouse once i start playing this weekend i will be having lots of questions about the game.

Thx...

#2 Plinko

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:19 PM

Start with an easy weapon to use, like the mp40 (Axis) or Thompson (Allies). Burst fire if you can, but if you do decide to spray, crouch first, it'll raise your accuracy and lower the recoil.

I just figured this out:

If you set the BAR to auto, and decide to spray, pull down on the mouse as you do. It will keep the recoil under control and keep your crosshair in the middle of the screen.

#3 Comet

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:32 AM

Start with an easy weapon to use, like the mp40 (Axis) or Thompson (Allies).

Machine guns are actually hard to use due to the realistic recoil, unlike the unrealistic rifles. If you have played any BF games in the past you're in for a surprise. You'll have a hard time at first killing your target with a gun but be prepared to get pwned by rifle fire. It's too bad the rifles aren't as realistic as the guns.

DoD is good fun, but its so frustrating for a run and gun guy like me :) Also, the recoil is so much harder to control than in BF and CS in my opinion :)

As mentioned, burst and stay low. You might want to reconfigure your cross-hair to try different settings.

Our server is called MoonGamers DOD:S | Central | 66 tic, the ip is: 66.135.47.66...add it to favorites.

We rotate through several maps, some we play more often than others like Avalanche and Flash. We also play custom maps.

What other servers...

Welcome!

#4 Langley

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:19 AM

Welcome to DoD:S. Just like any fps game, effective use of cover is key. DoD even more so. Like Comet said, if you venture out in the open, unlike BF you won't get a second chance if you get hit by a sniper or infantry rifle round. They are one shot kill other that getting hit in the fingers or toes :P. So move up the map cautiously and allow yourself a quick retreat behind cover. Don't be impatient, rush to get back into action and try and run past the frontline by yourself. That doesn't work in this game.

Like Plinko said, to control the recoil a bit better, crouch when firing. If you have a mouse with a thumb button map crouch to that. I find that works well. Be careful with going prone because you will not have the use of your gun for a few seconds. This often has deadly consequences :D.

Other than Flash (this is a map), the middle flag is a two man capture so if you are in cap range and wondering why it's not changing this is why. The game will display an icon, waiting for teammate. So always try and help the team cap those flags. Also some maps do not have much cover in the two man caps so stay back a bit till some teammates come up to help.

The Allies 30 .cal and the MG42 need to be deployed or you'll hit nothing but sky. To deploy stand behind a sandbag, window ledge or anything solid and right click to extend the bipod and you are in business. MG's can be deployed practically anywhere when proned. If you are moving with the MG's it is still possible to hit someone if you are in a pinch. Hit the fire button and quickly move the mouse down. It could save your life.

...Oh and...

MOSH MOSH!

#5 xdoublex

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:41 AM

wow :) Thanks guys i appreciate it

(seems like it a little differnent then bf1942) But im ready for the challenge.

#6 Why Two Kay

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:58 AM

Just stop moving when shooting unless you are VERY near them and have a Thompson/MP40. Otherwise your accuracy is whack.

#7 Santano

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:14 AM

I'll test it out, but you used to be able to deploy a MG on a friendly players head. :wasnt-me: :whippingsmiley:

#8 Animal Mother

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:15 AM

I agree with the comments on the rifles.
They are way to much (one shot wonders).

It would be nice if they could be modded...hint...hint....W2K

I think I will work on becoming proficient with the BAR.
Should be BAW.......(Bad Ass Weapon) :D
I also took Comets advice and changed xhair

#9 Santano

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:20 AM

Big Ass Rifle :wasnt-me:

#10 Why Two Kay

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:56 PM

I'll test it out, but you used to be able to deploy a MG on a friendly players head. :wasnt-me: :whippingsmiley:

You can do it on barrels, and the enemy can blow the barrel and un-deploy you.

Then again.... @slap works too.

#11 Hartley

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:36 PM

Bad Ass Rifle :wasnt-me:

Fixed!

#12 xdoublex

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:31 PM

well thanks for all the tips/info
Im looking forward to playing with you guys tomarow night around 8est time. Offley ill get the hang of it :)

#13 Bacon

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:18 PM

I hope you have it for Sunday night being that that is THE DoD:S night.

#14 Fulcrum

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:07 PM

every night is DoD night

#15 WTBass

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:16 AM

every night is DoD night

Roger That! :)

#16 Topher

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:53 AM

Shoot for the head :-)
BF this didn't make much of a difference but it helps alot in dod

#17 xdoublex

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

im having problem getting guest pass to work...Doc sent it to me and i downloaded steam but the link undernethe that is the guest pass and that isnt working...dose somebody else want to send me there guest pass to see if it works...PM asap thanks

#18 Doc_UK

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:43 PM

Double, I had no trouble with the link and got a Steam message that I was trying to accept my own guest pass :boff: .

I think its you firewall/browser settings. I had a couple of pop up windows warning me that an external application was trying to load or something. Accept the security pop ups or ask parents/PC Admin to help. Are you loading up with Admin access on your PC?

I'll send the pass to you again, hang on...

Ok, you must still be able to access it, cos I can't send you it again.

#19 xdoublex

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:01 PM

none of the blockers are on...but the page just dossent want to show...
i need to put the cd code thing in the steam account...but i have no idea what the code is and the website isnt showing :(...?

#20 xdoublex

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:27 PM

hey doc..real sorry to put you threw this but...Comet and me cant open link...

Is it possible you can send the link again...

(Edit)Doc thanks for your help im going to try another thing. Thanks man...My Bro will get it to work...hes extremely smart at this stuff so ill try to be playing bye tonight or sunday...sorry i didnt get to play the weekend becouse some stuff came up while i was trying to download it.

Doc Your a good guy thanks for all your help man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com