Photo

DoD:S Open for business...

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Comet

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

Lets do a Wednesday night like we use to and go from there.

July 7th 7:00 est...

#22 Monkey

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

Lets do a Wednesday night like we use to and go from there.

July 7th 7:00 est...

I may be tired at that time from my monthly road trip but I will be there!

I live for this shit!

#23 Warrior124

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

Whenever I tried updating Steam it kept giving me a message saying it tried to delete Steam.exe, but the file still exists or something like that, and wouldn't update. Fortunately, I had Steam on my old Windows XP computer, and updated it there. Afterwards, I just transferred it to my new computer, and do not have any problems as of now. I'll be in Wednesday. If you see me in TS, and I'm not in game, feel free to drag me to the channel, and tell me to get in there or you'll cut my coffee allowance. :)

P.S.: I'll play as long as possible, but it will also be Members Night for BF2 as well. I'll play both games if I have to. :applaud:

#24 Hartley

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:54 PM

Ill be there Wednesday, about 10Pm EST. Hope to see you!

#25 Comet

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:19 PM

Terry, you must be working on the server, I see some custom maps in rotation...I got bumped out again lol!

When I bring up BAT I can change maps but I don't see the custom maps listed, just the stock maps. Perhaps you are aware of this, just thought to mention.

I'm excited to play DoD:S again. Lets not over play the orange tower map to death please, lets play some customs but mostly the classic maps like Flash, Argentan, Avalanche, and Kalt (tunnel battles).

Frigg'in pumped to play...

#26 Comet

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:30 PM

Server is offline, forgot to turn it back on?
07/05/10 11:30 est.

#27 Monkey

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:53 AM

It looks like Steam may have pushed an update last night.. I was in there around 6 or 7 EST and all was working then it was offline this morning. I fried it back up and went in just now.

#28 Comet

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

awesomer, thanks Terry!

#29 Hartley

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

That was awesome guys, thanks. My viedo card is messed up from the power surges I think =[

#30 Comet

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:56 PM

That was so much fun, it took a while to settle in but once I did it all came back. To play again with all of you was awesomer! Lets spread the word and do it again...

Lets target this Sunday, July 11th @ 7pm EST.

#31 Section8

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:14 PM

Thanks Monkey and thanks guys. That was a blast. Can't wait to do it again. :applaud:

#32 Catfish

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:40 PM

That was so much fun, it took a while to settle in but once I did it all came back. To play again with all of you was awesomer! Lets spread the word and do it again...

Lets target this Sunday, July 11th @ 7pm EST.

Oh, DoD:S... good times. I'll try to make it on Sunday!

#33 Comet

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:30 AM

I'm going to grease my enemies ass with my new m3a1 grease gun...

Attached Files

#34 Monkey

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:21 PM

I'm going to grease my enemies ass with my new m3a1 grease gun...

:rofl:

Went in last night to help a member get his settings set and in a few minutes we had a GREAT game going! totally unexpected but still good fun.

I see more interest once again in DOD:S here at MoonGamers and noted a few long lost admins around as well.

#35 Warrior124

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

Hmm, might try playing tonight, then. :coo:

#36 Jac3624

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:45 PM

If I'm around I'll join you. I was on last night, but had to leave and when I got back everyone was gone.

:note: There was a patch yesterday. It fixed the flashlight crash.

#37 dodgem

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:04 PM

Is it just me, or is this game really hard to get good at?

I picked up CoD2-MW2 pretty quickly and I can't really remember how long it took me to be able to hold my own in BF1942, but dang! I keep getting OWNED in DOD:S, and I'm finding it impossible to keep a neutral kdr......

#38 Jac3624

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:59 PM

It can take some time to get used to it. With the STG and the BAR, crouch to reduce recoil and aim for the upper chest. They will "walk" up to the head within a couple shots. If you're standing aim for the middle chest, doesn't work too well against the Tommy gun though.

I almost forgot, with the more powerful guns you have to pull down to counteract the recoil. The amount changes for each gun.

#39 Warrior124

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:02 PM

I can't hardly get use to spawning way back to your first position when you die even if you have taken some flags, lol. I started using the bazooka, because I was getting killed no matter what I did. Once I started using the bazooka that leveled the playing field a little. I really enjoyed watching people fly. :lol:

Even the bazooka has is limits, though. Slow reload, and you slow down to a snails pace when you have to aim before shooting, or you can't shoot at all. It is fun though if you use it at the right time.

#40 Langley

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

Is it just me, or is this game really hard to get good at?

I picked up CoD2-MW2 pretty quickly and I can't really remember how long it took me to be able to hold my own in BF1942, but dang! I keep getting OWNED in DOD:S, and I'm finding it impossible to keep a neutral kdr......

Aside from the k98, M1 Carbine and the 2 sniper rifles, I honestly have no idea how I manage to hit anything. The kick on the thompson and mp40 aren't too bad. The BAR and STG44, forget about it. They've got more kick than a rodeo. Like Jac said, crouch. I crouch with all those guns unless the target is really close. Then it is just reflexes and hope for the best. I also pull down slightly when firing the assault rifles. If you can master the sniper rifles, they are the most devastating weapon you will use in any FPS. There is no doubt DoD:S guns have the steepest learning curve of any FPS I have played.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com