Photo

Please remove Salerno from Sunday lineup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BadBadPlatypus

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:52 PM

I don't want to be a troublemaker, but at least this Sunday the general consensus was please remove Salerno from the Sunday lineup.  Asking if that is a possibility.  Chime in with a 7 if you agree or an 8 if you love that map.

Thanks admins for your consideration.

Go MoonGamers!

#2 pinchythelobster

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:55 PM

I like all maps during this time.

#3 Renlist

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:03 PM

I don't want to be a troublemaker, but at least this Sunday the general consensus was please remove Salerno from the Sunday lineup.  Asking if that is a possibility.  Chime in with a 7 if you agree or an 8 if you love that map.

Thanks admins for your consideration.

Go MoonGamers!

Not my fave either. I never quite grasped the concept of capping the middle flag on Salerno. Capping it basically says "Allied/Axis/Kilroy was here". It's a so-so map with me.

Baytown is worse, in my opinion. It's just too big a map for today's dwindling participation.  It was cool to play back when it was 32 vs. 32.  The treks up the hill roads take forever when it's 16 vs.16. The landing crafts are placed somewhat weirdly in spots too.  It took me 30 seconds to keep from running into the other shoreline when turning right to go up the bay.  Otherwise, using them to go to the nearby shore, you can almost swim that small distance in the same amount of time. Baytown was fun map for me, way back, not now tho. Lately, I can't wait to move on from Baytown.

#4 mexican eskimo

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:17 PM

I don't like Baytown at all. Salerno kinda blows too. I hate that the middle flag isn't a spawn, it kills the action.

#5 Renlist

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:48 PM

As far as the Road to Rome expansion maps go, most of them are very OK.  These days, the Husky and Anzio maps from Road to Rome are better than Baytown.  Salerno barely gets by with me. However, Baytown should be rotated out of the Sunday Expansion pack map order. There're enough other maps in the two expansion packs. With less participation these days, the Baytown map makes me want to quit.

Who knows what impact this thread, or any thread has on the admins.  I'm still awaiting action on a recent poll, started by an admin.

The poll results overwhelmingly favor having main base flags uncappable on maps like Aberdeen and Battle of the Bulge. In the case of Battle of the Bulge, one main Allied base uncappable. In the case of the Aberdeen map, both main bases would be uncappable.  

So when do the poll results translate into change?  

#6 Moving Target

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:10 AM

I concur with the consensus on this thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com