Photo

Alacard's Code of conduct for Bf1942

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Grassy

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:29 AM

I love to read and research things, being raised in a Law Enforcement family it is kind of a hobby.

I was doing some digging and came across this and a few other things.  This particular one caught my eye first.

With the exception of the 1st point, I admire the rest of it.  This was written by a guy who I never had the chance of hanging with, however I do remember seeing him in the server from time to time.

Give this a read and post your thoughts.

http://alacardtx.tripod.com/code.html

Here is another post by the same guy about rules of flying which I have the utmost respect for after reading it.  A truly deep passion for the game and a willingness to share knowledge.

http://alacardtx.tri...ing/planes.html

#2 posi

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:23 AM

I think the old hats around here are familiar with both of those pages.  On our forums in other areas for sure. Good Repost.  

• Grassy likes this

#3 Spare Parts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:41 PM

I love to read and research things, being raised in a Law Enforcement family it is kind of a hobby.

I was doing some digging and came across this and a few other things.  This particular one caught my eye first.

With the exception of the 1st point, I admire the rest of it.  This was written by a guy who I never had the chance of hanging with, however I do remember seeing him in the server from time to time.

Give this a read and post your thoughts.

http://alacardtx.tripod.com/code.html

Here is another post by the same guy about rules of flying which I have the utmost respect for after reading it.  A truly deep passion for the game and a willingness to share knowledge.

http://alacardtx.tri...ing/planes.html

I read the posts, and you asked for thoughts....

What the hell was going on in 2005 that made this necessary?  Part encyclopedia, part religious manifesto, this reads like it was written on toilet paper in an insane asylum.  I thought I was playing a game not investing in a lifestyle.  Those are my thoughts.  Some of it is pretty cool but an incredible amount of unnecessary words.

Pre apologizing now.

• -=TheTroopeR=- and Harriet Tubman like this

#4 Harriet Tubman

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:34 PM

2005 was a time for competition for the game. His lessons on flying I think gave a lot of 1942 players a place to start but the code of conduct is cringey. I see that type of mentality today in bf1 were players always harp on things that are common sense and wonder why not everyone does it. There probably are dozens of those code of conducts written as well. In the case of bf1 since you can look up peoples stats, almost every single person i've seen complain on public forums about them is terrible so those codes of conduct are probably all they have to keep their sanity. Alacard was a good player though so dunno why he felt any of that was necessary to write out.

His piloting video is still the best 1942 video though imo. Not for skill but he was the only one I've seen break it down into chunks so the guys who scream hax would have less to cry about.

• posi likes this

#5 Spare Parts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:20 PM

2005 was a time for competition for the game. His lessons on flying I think gave a lot of 1942 players a place to start but the code of conduct is cringey. I see that type of mentality today in bf1 were players always harp on things that are common sense and wonder why not everyone does it. There probably are dozens of those code of conducts written as well. In the case of bf1 since you can look up peoples stats, almost every single person i've seen complain on public forums about them is terrible so those codes of conduct are probably all they have to keep their sanity. Alacard was a good player though so dunno why he felt any of that was necessary to write out.

His piloting video is still the best 1942 video though imo. Not for skill but he was the only one I've seen break it down into chunks so the guys who scream hax would have less to cry about.

I watched the video and I guess anyone who can fly like that should also be able to write manifestos like a maniac.  I will never, never, never be able to fly like that, so can we find him and ask him how someone like me can shoot him down from the ground?  I don't want to hear about AA's, he would destroy them upon spawning.

#6 Harriet Tubman

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:28 PM

Going back to 2005 when competition was still around these pilots would get shot down from the ground. You can watch 8v8 or 12v12s of the little footage that is out there but team coordination gives pilots nightmares. Having to avoid other pilots while knowing that anytime they come out of the clouds they will have tanks, mgs, and aa hitting them up quickly.

Not being able to shoot down twilight by yourself is because he only has to worry about the single target shooting at him at that time. When he suddenly has to worry about mediocre pilots along with aa and mgs tagging him then his presence will be felt less or he will be shot down. Unless you have team coordination or you want to stick to one role to pester the pilot then you won't have an impact and he can just do his thing.

#7 Spare Parts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:36 PM

Going back to 2005 when competition was still around these pilots would get shot down from the ground. You can watch 8v8 or 12v12s of the little footage that is out there but team coordination gives pilots nightmares. Having to avoid other pilots while knowing that anytime they come out of the clouds they will have tanks, mgs, and aa hitting them up quickly.

Not being able to shoot down twilight by yourself is because he only has to worry about the single target shooting at him at that time. When he suddenly has to worry about mediocre pilots along with aa and mgs tagging him then his presence will be felt less or he will be shot down. Unless you have team coordination or you want to stick to one role to pester the pilot then you won't have an impact and he can just do his thing.

Well I have trouble shooting anyone down not just Twilight.  I have spent half a game just being killed by him over and over as I only concentrated on killing him once.  Never did it, but I laughed the whole time I tried. 

Grassy I am starting to understand the lure of the nostalgia of your post.

• Grassy likes this

#8 Harriet Tubman

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:50 PM

If an aa or mg vs an airplane meant the aa or mg would easily win then planes would be useless in the game. Would be like throwing 1 grenade and killing a tank. Suddenly the game would become infantry only (which I would love).

Think about it like you as infantry killing anger in a tank except instead of being aggressive he is just chilling on his own not pressing. If its just you as infantry vs anger and his team then you will have a hard time killing him. As soon as your team starts to help even if its indirect then anger has to keep his attention elsewhere and you can sneak up a lot easier.

As a pilot compared to a tanker/infantry its now even easier cause you can stay above the clouds, so your only worries before you dip are just other pilots. And if you are good enough to shoot down the enemy team then you can keep track of or just camp the enemy runway and suddenly you only have to fear enemies you already know about on the ground.

The only advice I can give when you face lower skilled pilots than twilight is whether its mg or aa don't get in it until the plane dips. While the plane is dipping below the clouds his map will show the aa or mg being open so he figures he is safe, then you hop on and target him quickly. Twilight is different in that he will just bomb the threats even if they are up but no one is in them, hes just playing smart.

• Spare Parts likes this

#9 Spare Parts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:43 PM

If an aa or mg vs an airplane meant the aa or mg would easily win then planes would be useless in the game. Would be like throwing 1 grenade and killing a tank. Suddenly the game would become infantry only (which I would love).

Think about it like you as infantry killing anger in a tank except instead of being aggressive he is just chilling on his own not pressing. If its just you as infantry vs anger and his team then you will have a hard time killing him. As soon as your team starts to help even if its indirect then anger has to keep his attention elsewhere and you can sneak up a lot easier.

As a pilot compared to a tanker/infantry its now even easier cause you can stay above the clouds, so your only worries before you dip are just other pilots. And if you are good enough to shoot down the enemy team then you can keep track of or just camp the enemy runway and suddenly you only have to fear enemies you already know about on the ground.

The only advice I can give when you face lower skilled pilots than twilight is whether its mg or aa don't get in it until the plane dips. While the plane is dipping below the clouds his map will show the aa or mg being open so he figures he is safe, then you hop on and target him quickly. Twilight is different in that he will just bomb the threats even if they are up but no one is in them, hes just playing smart.

That is excellent advice, about the delaying of getting into an aa, thank you. 

#10 mistamontiel

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:09 AM

Miss ye Alacard the GOAT !!! He'd outgun the newer nicks around lately

Yupyup among the finest game footy

#11 Angelito

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

Spare Parts, on 02 Dec 2016 - 7:43 PM, said:

Harriet Tubman, on 02 Dec 2016 - 4:50 PM, said:

Just yesterday I was accused of cheating for attaking an occupied AA at MG

"How do you know I was there???!!!!"

I saw the map was missing the AA dot....., I don't understand how this took years to some ppl to realize....

• Jubilee and Grassy like this

#12 Angerfist

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

"I saw the map was missing the AA dot....., I don't understand how this took years to some ppl to realize...."

Yup.

#13 Harriet Tubman

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:40 AM

Spare Parts, on 02 Dec 2016 - 7:43 PM, said:

Harriet Tubman, on 02 Dec 2016 - 4:50 PM, said:

Just yesterday I was accused of cheating for attaking an occupied AA at MG

"How do you know I was there???!!!!"

I saw the map was missing the AA dot....., I don't understand how this took years to some ppl to realize....

Thats about how I picture the average player, I would be surprised if most people looked at their minimap. And thats just shiz that anyone can see, trying to explain that you predicted where they would go based on repetitive patterns they have or how the flow of the game is moving at the time is too much for them to handle so it goes immediately to hacking.

• Twilight likes this

#14 Spare Parts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:13 AM

So I also did a little Indiana jones style digging into Moongamers past using only the search word Alacard.  Couple things, first I stand by my original assertion that the flying code of conduct was written by a maniac.  Second, people were complaining about him then, like they do about  twilight now.  That's not quite true. They were a lot nicer in 2012 about their accusations.  Third and the most disheartening, the "community" was arguing about the same things then, that we argue about now.  My turn at Indiana Jones did not produce the holy grail, it produced a profound deja vu I could have done without.

• dodgem likes this

#15 Grassy

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:50 AM

I have laid off of posting lately, however I will make this comment.

Most of of the player base here comes here to have "fun".  They do not come here to be professional battlefield players, on the same token we have "professional" battlefield players from back in the day here that need to step outside the box and look at the future of this game.

The new player base comes here in hope of a chance of winning the round or beating the professional player once in awhile, we need to inspire them.

My intent on posting Alacard's outlook on this game, was to hopefully to get the elite to let the little guy win once in awhile and give them a chance.

We simply cannot push our noses up in the air because the newer players do not understand the technique and experience they are up against.

If a new player that just got the game comes in our server and doesn't understand something and calls hack, they are kicked or banned quickly, there is no chance to educate them on the mechanics of the game, if they come to the forums, most of them are belated and not listened too.

Granted there are some idiots that come in trolling, however when someone rage quits that is trying to have a good time, and not one of the village idiots we have, we have lost a chance at keeping the future of this title.

ok rant/off 

fire away

#16 Harriet Tubman

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:13 PM

If you thought any elite player was going to read that code of conduct and think "yea lemme lighten up on the ownage in game so the lil guy can win once in a while" u be cray cray. His code is common sense that the elite already know or ignore. If you are being more specific and just talking about the elite pilot, then I would be surprised if you didn't know how that pilot learned to fly so again the post wouldn't go anywhere.

I agree that the better players need to realize that it impacts the server and people leaving is probably more likely then new people finding a copy of 1942 at walmart and starting. If they cry hack and get kicked then as a new player I can see them getting frustrated and leaving. The problem imo is the idiots/trolls who whether on the forums or in game have time after time accused/hackusated and worked up the newer players to then agree because if the new player can't understand how someone is doing something and they can't do it themselves then it must be cheats.

Having an elite player go easy in the sense of letting the little guy win once in a while on purpose will imo just result in more hackusations as the player will think to himself "see that, as soon as his hacks are turned off I can kill him". Sadly this isn't a physical sport where you can just get outplayed and see that some people are just better.

I dunno what you do as the skill gap increases day by day in 1942. You either implement rules that annoy the better players to the point of them leaving or you keep it as is and have the people with 0 knowledge about the game to accuse, get kicked, get frustrated and potentially leave.

Also there are plenty of people that on the moon forums have tried to educate the newer players and it almost always ends up nowhere. Just fighting a lost cause.

#17 Harriet Tubman

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:21 PM

So I also did a little Indiana jones style digging into Moongamers past using only the search word Alacard.  Couple things, first I stand by my original assertion that the flying code of conduct was written by a maniac.  Second, people were complaining about him then, like they do about  twilight now.  That's not quite true. They were a lot nicer in 2012 about their accusations.  Third and the most disheartening, the "community" was arguing about the same things then, that we argue about now.  My turn at Indiana Jones did not produce the holy grail, it produced a profound deja vu I could have done without.

Twilight is at a higher level then alacard and smurfs more so the hackusations will be more frequent and accusatory just because of that. Also alacard was playing when more high level players were playing = less hackusations and more people able to defend him.

#18 Grassy

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:08 PM

Do you still play 42?..lol

#19 Harriet Tubman

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:48 PM

lol u mad bro?

ps i will pray to baby jesus for ur soul :angel:

#20 Grassy

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:03 PM

Mad?..lmao  not at all..lol

I was just curious if you have played recently that's all :)

:music-smiley-008:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com