Photo

IWO JIMA Mod

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Grassy

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:38 PM

I actually tried to find some good points on this map.   

I can't  

the bases are set up like a base ball diamond, no head to head action and absolutely no logistics.

Boats...well kinda messy  Water mass is too small for two destroyers and two Carriers.  A destroyer parked in the right place can camp the mountain spawn and allies ship spawn at the same time.

Of course this is just my opinion...I'm kinda new here and don't know much :)

• Grinch and Harriet Tubman like this

#2 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:57 AM

You know you can put all your opinions about the new maps in one thread right?

#3 Grassy

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:20 AM

This way they can be ignored all at once?   :rofl2:  :rofl2:

#4 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:28 AM

This way they can be ignored all at once?   :rofl2:  :rofl2:

This way all suggestions are and stay together, for review purposes.

#5 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:53 PM

In all fairness, we seldom receive responses to these threads. Such as the one some guy started to group all the rotation requests.
Lin or someone stepping in with a quick "Your post has been acknowledged. End transmission." would be nice.

#6 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:05 PM

In all fairness, we seldom receive responses to these threads. Such as the one some guy started to group all the rotation requests.
Lin or someone stepping in with a quick "Your post has been acknowledged. End transmission." would be nice.

http://www.moongamer...=65290&p=704118

#7 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

That thread lacks any sort of confirmation that our opinions had been reviewed and any changes were being considered.

Sincere suggestion for the higher ups:
Sticky two new threads. One for map rotation opinions, one for mod opinions. Seniors and cores can chime in once in awhile in them. "Hey dudes, we modded in such and such in this map", "Hey we will be running this new rotation next week", "Hey we are finally giving an explanation as to why we hate CTF on rotation".

#8 Moving Target

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:03 PM

I'm enjoying the new mods. Except for the tiger that spawns inside the church on Caen
  • Grassy likes this

#9 Renlist

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:29 PM

I'd rather have a "mod" day one day a week, like with the expansion paks on Sundays.  I won't be playing much of the new Iwo map.  

The landing craft spawn on Market Garden? Hate it. Eliminating the flag changing upstairs at the church is welcomed. 

#10 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:54 AM

That thread lacks any sort of confirmation that our opinions had been reviewed and any changes were being considered.

Sticky two new threads. One for map rotation opinions, one for mod opinions. Seniors and cores can chime in once in awhile in them. "Hey dudes, we modded in such and such in this map", "Hey we will be running this new rotation next week", "Hey we are finally giving an explanation as to why we hate CTF on rotation".

I like the suggestion for the stickies, especially the one for map requests. The explanation for no CTF in the rotation have been given multiple times, but I will repeat it. We like to have admins present for CTF maps for enforcing the CTF rule, also adjusting the timer and possibly the amount of flags capped to win.

I'm enjoying the new mods. Except for the tiger that spawns inside the church on Caen

Good to hear, it is actually a wespe that spawns there I believe.

I'd rather have a "mod" day one day a week, like with the expansion paks on Sundays.  I won't be playing much of the new Iwo map.  

The landing craft spawn on Market Garden? Hate it. Eliminating the flag changing upstairs at the church is welcomed. 

It would be nice (and helpfull) if you would give reasons for what you don't like on the new modded maps and give a reasoning why. The flag radius you're talking about must be the church on market, that has been that way for as long as I can remember.

#11 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 25 December 2016 - 10:28 AM

Miller,

The sticky threads are a win for everybody. I am sympathetic to your end of things. Having every other thread posted being about some kind of map change or mod would make me go crosseyed trying to sort through them. I stress this: Having one thread specifically only dealing with rotation, and one only dealing with modding = organization and easier reading for the higher ups.
Now on your guy's end, it is very very important you let us know we are being heard. Not every request is feasible, and things are slow to take off around here, but simply being clear to the community that we are being heard and changes are being considered is huge. I do feel the core and seniors need to step up on this, especially seeing how easy it is.

I can honestly say I've never seen that CTF explanation given. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and I must have missed it somewhere. That is reasonable thinking, but I think it should be abandoned. For the most part, glitching and c4 on the flags doesn't happen often. I think the maps should be added to rotation in the evenings when there is a lack of admin presence to change maps, or train more admin to hang out in the evenings. I've seen small map ctf keep populations up, and then watched that population crash and burn when a cq map shows up.

Anyways, all this stuff Ive said is my way of defending Grassy's sarcasm about being ignored. It feels that way around here.

• Grassy and Rubulator like this

#12 Renlist

Posted 25 December 2016 - 04:07 PM

I like the suggestion for the stickies, especially the one for map requests. The explanation for no CTF in the rotation have been given multiple times, but I will repeat it. We like to have admins present for CTF maps for enforcing the CTF rule, also adjusting the timer and possibly the amount of flags capped to win.

It would be nice (and helpfull) if you would give reasons for what you don't like on the new modded maps and give a reasoning why. The flag radius you're talking about must be the church on market, that has been that way for as long as I can remember.

MG Church flag radius has changed. I played yesterday and the flag would not change to white if you ran upstairs, or were at the pews area. 

The landing craft spawn on MG should go back to being just the bunker. I don't see why that change was necessary.

#13 Moving Target

Posted 25 December 2016 - 09:58 PM

I'd rather have a "mod" day one day a week, like with the expansion paks on Sundays. I won't be playing much of the new Iwo map.

MG Church flag radius has changed. I played yesterday and the flag would not change to white if you ran upstairs, or were at the pews area.
The landing craft spawn on MG should go back to being just the bunker. I don't see why that change was necessary.

So playing the other night it was a smaller population, ~10/side or so. Allies dominated the bridges, but that landing craft was a pain in the butt. It added more difficulty for Allies and made it more of a fun round. Allied had air superiority, but none were taking it out.

Instead of walking/driving across the bridge and planes taking you out, that landing craft evened things up.
  • Grassy and Grinch like this

#14 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 26 December 2016 - 04:51 AM

I just checked the church flag radius, it is the same as always. You can cap it from upstairs in the church. You might be confused if you played on another server.

It gives the axis another opportunity to cross the river and it gives them a (limited) mobile spawnpoint. As MT wrote above ''that landing craft evened things up''. It also makes a new point of focus for the allies, as they have to keep the mobile spawn in their mind. It can go either to the stonebridge, middle or steelbridge flag.

So playing the other night it was a smaller population, ~10/side or so. Allies dominated the bridges, but that landing craft was a pain in the butt. It added more difficulty for Allies and made it more of a fun round. Allied had air superiority, but none were taking it out.

Instead of walking/driving across the bridge and planes taking you out, that landing craft evened things up.

The first time I played it as allied, every time that landingcraft came to my flag I was like 'ooh shit' not again. But it made me happy to see people actually using it. It is a threat though, if you don't kill it they will keep spawning there and rushing the flag.

@HRD I stickied the 'maprotation' topic grassy has made.

#15 Colonel Tavington

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:51 AM

I don't have a problem with the landing craft spawn on Market Garden.  I had a lot of fun playing on allies the other night having a lot of sub-machine gun duels around the craft at the steel bridge and then trying to destroy it.  Also, glad to see an extra AA was added near the church.  The downside is that there's no safety in numbers like there would be if it was added to the airfield, but the tank MGs can be used to help protect it.  The overall plus side is that the allies have an extra AA and it's forward enough to be used against enemy planes operating over the town and even the river.

#16 shortY

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:54 PM

Where can I go download the game ?

#17 Grassy

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:02 PM

Shorty, Posi has a link of a downloaded locked and loaded version that doesn't need patching.

I personally like the LC, I stayed in it for a while using the MG against allied planes.

Thanks John for the sticky :)

#18 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:19 PM

Shorty, Posi has a link of a downloaded locked and loaded version that doesn't need patching.

I think this should be stickied also. It would be nice to have a simple, clear, and dummy proof post to link people to when trying to rope in new players. Perhaps Posi could do so?

#19 LeftMouseShoot?

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:01 PM

So, played the Iwo JIma mod last night. Was not at all thrilled with it. Any chance you can swap it back to other version? Quite a few others were in disbelief as to why that map was completely made unbalanced.

• Grinch likes this

#20 shavo

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:43 PM

So, played the Iwo JIma mod last night. Was not at all thrilled with it. Any chance you can swap it back to other version? Quite a few others were in disbelief as to why that map was completely made unbalanced.

The only way to fix this mod is to add ALOT underground bunkers.

Adding more ships didnt work but the POW needs to be challenged. More def guns or 1 destroyer could do it, this way a spawn point is still available..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com