Photo

If my mod were run on MG's server, would I be able to.....?

HTroop bf1942 server rules

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Professor_Smith

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:11 AM

Hello,

I was wondering, if my mod HTroop, were to be approved by Moon Gamer's to be run on your server(s), would every rule that you currently have for your bf1942 servers, apply to my mod's server as well?  I ask because some of the rules, such as "no camping" and such, I would not want applied to HTroop players.  HTroop was designed/created to fit for every type of gamer, whether you are a sniper that wants to stay in one spot the entire game, or a front liner, constantly up in your enemy's face.  It was made so that an enemy could sit inside an uncapturable base for a certain amount of time (as long as all of that base's soldiers have been eliminated), and as long as they stayed in the base, the spawn for that base would shut down (truly leaving no available spawns left for your enemy, and winning the map).  Control Point radius's have been increased in all maps, making it a lot harder to take a control point and just move onto another one, so there's not as much back and forth, and back and forth movement.  There is a whole bunch more detail I could get into about HTroop superiority over vanilla bf1942, but that would be for another post.

Mainly, I'd just want to know, if my mod were to be run on Moon Gamers, if I could choose which rules would and would not apply to said server (especially if I were to donate funds to Moon Gamers if my server was approved)?

Thanks,

Joshua Hales

Professor Smith

Grand Admiral

#2 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:12 AM

I would say if we are able to put up the HTroop mod here, there are a couple of standard Moon rules/policies that must be applied: Basic Rules of Conduct. As an addition I would say some of the all round rules in Here (e.g. Cheating/hacking-, Name- and Advertising Policy etc.) but I don't think the no basecamp rule has to be in there as we don't use it on expansion sundays either. If you can think of some rules specific for your mod, I think it would be okay. We probably will have to discuss them depending on what the rule is about, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Donations will always be appreciated, with or without the HTroop mod here ;)

Miller

#3 dodgem

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:48 PM

There's certainly a lot to download which means it will be very difficult to put it on our main BF1942 server.  That said, I don't see why we couldn't put it on our mods server and perhaps promote it on our main server.  

I'll get it downloaded and installed in the coming week or so.

#4 King of the Squirrels

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

I am for anything that keeps Battlefield 1942 going. I hope we can try it on the mods server. 

#5 Professor_Smith

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:03 PM

I hope so as well and thank you all. Btw, please remember to install the recently released, HTroop v1.0b81 Essential Update, as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com