Photo

New Mac with Lion

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Section8

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

After doing a little research and hearing things through the grapevine, it appears that if you buy a new mac and it has Lion/10.7 on the machine or upgrade to Lion, BF1942 will no longer work.

If you have a choice, my advise to anyone with a mac that has an older system, is to do your homework before you upgrade.

Hope this helps, (especially since there are so many pc people buying macs now)

Section 8

P.S. Go to "about this mac", then "more info", select "applications" and if it says PowerPC, say good bye to that program.

#2 dodgem

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

Lion is cool, but glad I've got my Dell still to play games and do some heavy duty work.

#3 Livestrong

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

What about using boot camp?

#4 bobby wiggle

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:27 PM

I've got my MBP 17" bootcamped and it runs BF1942 and BF3 great, it's the perfect solution.

#5 Livestrong

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

I've got my MBP 17" bootcamped and it runs BF1942 and BF3 great, it's the perfect solution.

There ya go! Problem solved!

#6 birney

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

Only Mac I will ever see is MacDonald s
  • Alvin Tostig likes this

#7 Section8

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

Thank you for posting that Boot camp worked which turns out to be one of the solutions mentioned.

However, please also keep in mind that unless set up properly to take advantage of both the PC side as well as the Mac side, this warning applies more for the pure Lion users. (Read the blogs and info on this subject, you will be blown away by how many people have lost much whether they should have done their homework or not.)

Happy Gaming,

Section 8

#8 thee_oddball

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

ironic that 42 plays on linux http://www.wine-revi...-with-wine.html but not on mac which is based off linux..... alot of the older games will now play on linux :)

#9 Wasabi®

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

Just get Bootcamp...run Windows 7 natively..problem solved..

#10 DaDigi

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:10 AM

Running Win7 on my year-old 17" MPB with no BF1942 problems ;)

#11 Beautiful_Death

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

I have Lion, I guess I'm screwed. I may try to install bootcamp on my old Mac though.

#12 Section8

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

I have Lion, I guess I'm screwed. I may try to install bootcamp on my old Mac though.

This was when Lion first came out and the person who got burned didn't realize all that had to be done as they were use to "install and play".

Now and according to this thread, there are fortunately more options.

#13 Beautiful_Death

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

That's great news actually, thank you. :D

#14 Sir George

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

Just an update: I was able to run BF1942 nicely and perfectly via BootCamp (windows version of 42) on my 2011 MacBook Pro. Over the summer I upgraded my laptop to a MacBook Pro with Retina Display. Due to display hardware/firmware driver issues, a new generation of intel processors with completely different firmware, and the standard new OS X Mountain Lion that comes on these macs and all others: Battlefield 1942 has become completely obsolete for the mac. It truly has become impossible to run both the bootcamp version and Mac version. Even if by some miracle software obstacles were overcome, there are hardware obstacles that make it impossible.

If your current mac model runs BF1942 I would recommend not upgrading to OS X Mountain Lion (10.6)

#15 Sir George

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

Just an update: I was able to run BF1942 nicely and perfectly via BootCamp (windows version of 42) on my 2011 MacBook Pro. Over the summer I upgraded my laptop to a MacBook Pro with Retina Display. Due to display hardware/firmware driver issues, a new generation of intel processors with completely different firmware, and the standard new OS X Mountain Lion that comes on these macs and all others: Battlefield 1942 has become completely obsolete for the mac. It truly has become impossible to run both the bootcamp version and Mac version. Even if by some miracle software obstacles were overcome, there are hardware obstacles that make it impossible.

If your current mac model runs BF1942 I would recommend not upgrading to OS X Mountain Lion (10.6)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com