Photo

ugh. suggestion...smaller maps

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

Excellent example to toss out to show a newcomer what they can expect when speaking out.
Some of this rant is fair. However I was told no feelings were ever hurt...

#42 Angerfist

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

Let me translate that into the normal universe language :

"Excellent example to toss out to show a newcomer what they can expect when speaking out as if there is no need to show a minimum of respect and normal values towards other people constantly or simply way too often."

#funfact : I admit that I exaggerated a bit and added my interpretation, but all cases I mentioned have happened this way. I didn't need to make things up.

So, do your thing honey, there are certainly some topics in which you haven't schooled us yet.

If you want to, the last word between you and me is yours, I'm throwing the towel. :wave:

#43 Grassy

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

Couple things I want to point out here:

First: Personally speaking, I have never been "for" or "against" what has been said on either side of this thread. In fact, I am intrigued by Shroud's idea and I would have no problem moderating a monthly poll if that is what the community and the Senior Admins want. Simply putting up a random poll every month won't be productive, in fact it will be counter productive. I have an systematic idea on how to do this, but i want to run it by the Senior Admins first and get approvals before doing anything else. 

Second: Keep in mind everyone is here to play a good game and have fun...its difficult to maintain enthusiasm when an admin is spending more time working than playing (also leads to burn out). Having served at both the Regular and Senior Levels, I can attest to that. However, as Spare Parts said it's one thing to express an opinion, but it's a lot harder to put to put it into action. I understand the players perspectives that admins are "not listening", or  "shooting down requests", but I also know how much work is involved with running the servers and the community. We are all volunteers and we do it for the love of the game and the admin team as a whole works hard to keep this community going. 

Third: You can change the rotation until your face turns blue, but in reality it will not save the server in the long run. This is is NOT new territory for the community. The night time population has been an issue for the past five years. The daytime population is starting to struggle these days, but this is not limited to our community, ALL BF1942 servers have the problem to some degree. Its an old game and that is just a fact of life. The ONLY way to save the server in the long run is to play and recruit new players, which is tough to do considering the game is so old. Best way to do that is to advertise, bring in games or concepts, and prove that the population is still there. Someday, it will all come to an end, but until then enjoy the game, play often, and show the world why this was one of the greatest FPS games ever made. 

Matt

you have an excellent voice of reason, I would welcome you moderating such an event

#44 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:33 AM

Just a side bar/disclaimer: At no point in this thread were any of the respective posters' harmed or dismembered.

We now return to your regularly scheduled form posting.

Thank you.

• Captain John H. Miller likes this

#45 Grassy

Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:20 AM

We are talking about a 15 year old game, It should not be us and them, or demons and Angels.  Sure we have some of the same folks complaining...me on many times.  However we need to find a common ground on BOTH sides instead of someone being clever on telling someone to F*** off and then minions on both sides liking the post.  I have been guilty of this on many times and have tried to take a proactive approach on few occasions, however the negative posts I have made, simply cloud my proactive posts...my fault I guess..I accept that.

Not a lot of people play this game at all anymore.  If we do not find a way to communicate in a proactive manner, one of the last GREAT outpost's for this game will simply fade away.  Some of this crap absolutely gets under my skin and I will be taking a break from in game and check back in the forums from time to time.

Look at the forum activity, the only thing that draws attention is controversy, that is sad.  I challenge folks of both sides of the coin to "try" to create a positive atmosphere that we once had.  

nourish it or let it die

Best Regards,

David "Grassy" Gibson

• Hairy Russian Dude likes this

#46 bondmaster

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

We are talking about a 15 year old game, It should not be us and them, or demons and Angels.  Sure we have some of the same folks complaining...me on many times.  However we need to find a common ground on BOTH sides instead of someone being clever on telling someone to F*** off and then minions on both sides liking the post.  I have been guilty of this on many times and have tried to take a proactive approach on few occasions, however the negative posts I have made, simply cloud my proactive posts...my fault I guess..I accept that.

Not a lot of people play this game at all anymore.  If we do not find a way to communicate in a proactive manner, one of the last GREAT outpost's for this game will simply fade away.  Some of this crap absolutely gets under my skin and I will be taking a break from in game and check back in the forums from time to time.

Look at the forum activity, the only thing that draws attention is controversy, that is sad.  I challenge folks of both sides of the coin to "try" to create a positive atmosphere that we once had.  

nourish it or let it die

Best Regards,

David "Grassy" Gibson

I think the common ground was found here and that is what counts. Try not to let this kind of stuff get to you....remember its just a game and we are here to have fun. Yes there will always be disagreements and some are more direct than others, but in the end we are all here for the same reason trying to achieve the same goals. 

I hope to see you in game, but if you do decide a break if what's best for you then I hope to see you soon!

Matt

#47 Grassy

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

Thanks BM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com