Photo

Server Wipe COMPLETE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 CrDraggin

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:26 PM

All,

I will be wiping the server database on Saturday/Sunday morning ~ 12AM CT. This will create a huge server performance improvement (typically). Please sell everything you own!

What you will lose

• Almost everything 
  • All inventory
  • All Vehicles
  • All Base objects
  • All plotpoles
  • All safes and lockboxes
  • Tents
  • etc
  • except..

What you will not lose

• Character information / inventory
  • Money
  • Respect 

---------------------

This is done every year(ish) to help with the server performance and also create a refresh of gameplay.

Thank you!

Cr

#2 Lin

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:45 PM

Folks are asking...do they keep the money on their character or in the bank?

#3 CrDraggin

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:26 AM

Yes, to both

#4 Enforcer

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:09 AM

This is very much a double edged sword.  On one hand, it sucks.  It sucks because you have spent so much time building your base, rebuilding it, modifying it again and again, getting it all just right, and poof, it is gone.  Now you have to rebuild the sumbitch all over again.  How many missions did you do to get that gear, and buy that article?  And now it will be lost.  A mandatory nekkid and afraid is what it is.  On the plus side, there will be a framerate increase, without all those abandoned vehicles littering the map.  Huge bases that may or may not be occupied any longer. 

How bout this, have you ever asked yourself about building in a new area?  NOW is the chance to do that.  Build next to a small pond.  Build on the coast.  Build on a hill overlooking a mission field.  Stay the hell away from Stary..you know what I am talking about.  So, on one hand this stinks, on the other though, it is fun to start over...again.  This'll be what..my fifth, sixth time to start completely over.  It happens and really, this game is a time consumer.  It occupies our time and keeps us out of the bars, well mostly.  So, if we have to start all over..well, that does occupy our time again, now doesn't it.  The AI get a little more tough..you might have to *gasp* get together with another player to gather loot and take on missions.  Let me tell you, in Arma 3, that IS the way it is.  The AI are much better.

So, really it is a good thing and most, after they get over the initial shock of it all, accept it and have a good time starting at zero along with everyone else.  So, have fun, and we'll see you in Elecktro gathering and looting as you go.

#5 ErXie

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:47 AM

:P quit after first initial wipe... come back and couple days later another wipe. Now i get to steal my base location, or chicken George or killjoy's location now lol 

#6 Enforcer

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:14 AM

If I recall, one of those wipes was not of our doing, we had a visitor that decided it was time to run a script and wipe..

#7 ErXie

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:34 AM

i remember it was when we were at high peek and whole server lag because a lot of buildings were decayed and left while actives were tryna find places to build but couldnt 

#8 CrDraggin

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:00 AM

Server wipe was completed @ 12:30AM CT

Just some interesting statistics....

~96k unique connections to the server since we started it on the new box. 

~11,200 characters created since last wipe. You guys die a lot!

~23,700 objects created across the map (~1000 objects at time of wipe)

------------------

Reported framerate at first test... 50fps (AMD 8150 w/ ATI 7950HD)

Others reporting around avg of 60fps. 

-----------------

Happy Gaming!

• Master6655321 and Ganja like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com