Photo

Engineers and expaks question

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:16 AM

It's getting ridiculous how good some Engineers are at tossing expacks and exploding them on you.  Almost spamming them.  I don't  mind that exactly. I gain distance from their expaks when I can,  and take them out pretty easily with my medic wep.    

I thought you had to toss out 4 expaks before being able to detonate them,  How are Engineers able to toss them out one at a time and detonate them and not all 4 at the same time?   It's become a primary weapon now with some players.  Almost no fair, according to most servers guidelines.

You can't get more nades at some ammo box on some servers, but you can get unlimited expaks on most of them.

Whatever server, we lost to mostly due to many pro Engineers on a CTF map (Berlin, Stalingrad).  

Some servers now allow single detonation of expaks?

• Rubulator likes this

#2 dodgem

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:04 AM

Single detonation of expacks has always been possible.

You throw one and then right-click your mouse to switch to the detonator. It will only detonate the one you throw.

It's such a minor problem from what I've seen on the Moon server. Very rarely does it get out of hand to the point that you are completely unable to avoid them. You can usually see the engineer coming from a mile away with his/her expacks out so you have time to try to shoot and, if all else fails, throw your nades.
  • Rubulator, Colonel Tavington and Highway Man like this

#3 Colonel Tavington

Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:53 AM

Single detonation of expacks has always been possible.

You throw one and then right-click your mouse to switch to the detonator. It will only detonate the one you throw.

It's such a minor problem from what I've seen on the Moon server. Very rarely does it get out of hand to the point that you are completely unable to avoid them. You can usually see the engineer coming from a mile away with his/her expacks out so you have time to try to shoot and, if all else fails, throw your nades.

Or run like hell...

• Highway Man likes this

#4 posi

Posted 27 September 2018 - 12:59 PM

The question notes conduct on multiple servers.  Putting ourselves in the players shoes is 101 for us.

In this case, we welcome you back Renlist.  The bulk of your recent play has been somewhere else.  Your concern relates to mostly somewhere else.  

Let's talk about servers for a second.  Currently AX has forum issues.  Team Simple forums are observing some post that would be on AX forums.  

I believe I can speak for the team and say that type of situation doesn't work for us.  If there are patterns here you wish to speak on.  You have to be in a position of observation to see those patterns.  

I really think your talking about somewhere else.  A room perhaps with mostly high pinging players who against a 30 ping infantry would be more likely to drop an expack. 

Our average pings have dropped.  Most of the players will be under 100. They are going to shoot your face off. That is the pattern here. 

• Highway Man likes this

#5 Rubulator

Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:08 PM

I played some CTF on TGE last night... One of thier admins, SRX, is one of the best expackers ive seen... I finally said to him.. "Your pretty good with that kit Grandma Dynamite(Flintstone character)"
He lol'ed and blasted away... I dont mind expackers so much, except the one that try to get protected positions that cant be resolved... But our 4 and out spam rule cures that ailment.

• posi likes this

#6 Highway Man

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:25 PM

I also have a question regarding expacks. I know the grenades are nerfed against infantry. Can Xpacks be too?

#7 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:30 PM

I also have a question regarding expacks. I know the grenades are nerfed against infantry. Can Xpacks be too?

They are already.

#8 Highway Man

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:10 PM

They are!?  So, an expack about  2  lenghts of a jeep away can kill you or not?

#9 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:35 AM

They are!?  So, an expack about  2  lenghts of a jeep away can kill you or not?

Multiple expacks might, especially if you're already damaged.

• Highway Man likes this

#10 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:20 PM

i hope there is a special spot in hell for the ex packer. the sort of place where all their favorite movies are reshot with vince offer in the starring role.

godfather's michael corleone? good bye al pacino,hello vince. oh,you like showgirls? get ready for naked vince offer for two hours.

mainly because i cant do it. i just dont have the dancing skills.

• Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#11 Spare Parts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:54 PM

i hope there is a special spot in hell for the ex packer. the sort of place where all their favorite movies are reshot with vince offer in the starring role.

godfather's michael corleone? good bye al pacino,hello vince. oh,you like showgirls? get ready for naked vince offer for two hours.

lmao @ Vince Offer

• Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#12 Renlist

Posted 30 September 2018 - 03:49 AM

Yes, aren't they expert at it too.

#13 Renlist

Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:20 AM

Someone was tossing endless expacks out the building window on Berlin Conquest map.  The flag with the spools and the building  right there with windows above. There's no ammo box nearby, is there? 

The same guy (I'm almost positive) kept tossing out expacks and waiting for anyone to spawn and he exploded some spawners. I kept back while he exploded at least 10. I then went around, upstairs, and killed him.  He must have tossed out 10 expaks before I saw to him.

It there an ammo crate nearby?

#14 Spare Parts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:25 AM

Someone was tossing endless expacks out the building window on Berlin Conquest map.  The flag with the spools and the building  right there with windows above. There's no ammo box nearby, is there? 

The same guy (I'm almost positive) kept tossing out expacks and waiting for anyone to spawn and he exploded some spawners. I kept back while he exploded a few, then went around, upstairs, and killed him.  He must have tossed out 10 expaks before I saw to him.

what server?

• Highway Man likes this

#15 Renlist

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:32 AM

It might have been the server, but i don't think so.   The other one. TGE.

Even TGE wouldn't be so dumb as to allow an ammo box upstairs at that area.  At least I would think not.

A hacker maybe.  I just kept seeing expaks being tossed outta that window by one guy.   Like I said, I went up and killed him.

#16 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:34 AM

It might have been the server, but i don't think so.   The other one. TGE.

Even TGE wouldn't be so dumb as to allow an ammo box upstairs at that area.  At least I would think not.

A hacker maybe.  I just kept seeing expaks being tossed outta that window by one guy.   Like I said, I went up and killed him.

You will have to ask them.

• Highway Man likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com