Photo

When to leave the game

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 posi

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:14 PM

So it rolls to a map you don't like and you disconnect.  That is fine...   however.  Please use etiquette choosing when to do so.

Recently there has been an uptick in players leaving in the middle of the map.  Often from one side.  If your playing with your partner and you both leave from a team down by one player.  Now that team is down by 3 and someone is due to get flipped.

When they do, they will often leave.  Some players prefer to start and end on one team.

It's not whether you leave, it's knowing how to do it so it isn't hurtful to the server.  

The incidents I'm speaking of are happening when things are going well.  It's not because one team is getting pounded.  It's simply players choosing to play only a portion of a map.   

Please be aware of when you leave the server so as not to cause another player to be switched. 

Admins can help to some degree in balancing early stages of the game.   They can disable auto balance allowing some player preference if asked.  They will often take action to avoid a player being moved.  Including changing teams themselves to fill the void.

Please assist them and be conscious of the other players in the game.  

#2 Spare Parts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:53 PM

I usually quit when I'm done playing.

• Lonewolf-McQuade and Highway Man like this

#3 posi

Posted 05 November 2018 - 08:10 PM

There are behaviours in the game that were so easily absorbed with high population.  

With a smaller crowd, the server is more vulnerable.   I'm just trying to raise a general awareness.   If a player was just grabbing his car keys, logging out.  and heading out the door and his team mate logs off right before him.  Not much we can say or do. 

With awareness, we can all try to avoid leaving until the teams are dead even, or realize that an auto balance flip is coming up and be the player that volunteers to switch without it being forced on someone else.

• Highway Man likes this

#4 Spare Parts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 08:39 PM

Perhaps there is a reason for multiple people disconnecting from one side, especially.  you have an interesting point, but perhaps those disconnects are meant to tell us something. 

• Lonewolf-McQuade likes this

#5 Rubulator

Posted 05 November 2018 - 09:36 PM

Herding cats... It will never happen … I will say that on Moon, it is much less of a problem than on other servers...

The euro servers are the worst in this issue and pretty much all other issues. I call them the Wild West servers... I get so PO'ed half the time after about 15 minutes. I rage quit before I start popping off...   :hot:

• Lin and Highway Man like this

#6 Lonewolf-McQuade

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:30 PM

It's simply players choosing to play only a portion of a map.

Another consideration to account for is that map times may have been too long previously. I personally believe this was the case at times. Recent changes and admin map handling appears to have balanced out that issue to some degree lately. Players can see the work and adjustment that is taking place.

• Lin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com