Photo

Miss Information

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Spare Parts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:55 PM

I play a lot on this server,  I rarely play under Spare Parts.  Had I realized people would call me that, i probably would have chosen a different name.  This point is, I'm around a bunch and I read everything that is said here and a disturbing trend has materialized.  People who have no idea what they are talking about, are talking.  Usually when someone asks a question in-game, the first and quickest answer is wrong.  The answer is said with such conviction that even I, who knows the actual answer, is almost convinced. Things have changed here and are continuing to evolve.  For the foreseeable future, I would ask questions here, in the forum, and not rely on some non sense you see in chat.   

• posi and Captain John H. Miller like this

#2 Lonewolf-McQuade

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:58 PM

If someone is intentionally or unintentionally spreading bad info, why not address THE INFO directly? Wouldn't that rectify the problem and keep people from trying to fill in the cryptic blanks here?

#3 Spare Parts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:27 AM

If someone is intentionally or unintentionally spreading bad info, why not address THE INFO directly? Wouldn't that rectify the problem and keep people from trying to fill in the cryptic blanks here?

I'm not sure what you mean by directly.  If you mean in the server chat, that always turns out bad.  Some person is convinced they are right, and no matter what you say, will argue with you, chat is not the place for that.  I guess I could tag up and confront the person giving incorrect information but I have no desire to embarrass that person nor do I wish to appear like I'm self important with my Admin tag hanging out, because ultimately, who cares?  If you mean call out that person here in the forum, well I already have a full time job.  It's not just one person, it's many.  One person may have prompted this post but it has been awhile brewing.  There are no cryptic blanks here.  If you have questions, bring them to the forum, so you can have the most accurate information possible.  That seems pretty clear. 

• Highway Man likes this

#4 Lonewolf-McQuade

Posted 18 November 2018 - 03:17 PM

I meant here in the forums, and if it was clear I wouldn't have bothered to post up. Not trying to be an ass, just trying to understand. I do get your sense of frustration though. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com