Photo

Regarding the constant kicks of 101stAir and ·«|®|»· members

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#21 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

You misunderstood my post, I said the comment you made was silly, I didnt say "thetrooper is silly" you completely misinterpreted that. You play for the exact same reasons we do, to have fun; we dont just play because this game is do or die and is our life. Far from it. I never once said I am the best nor claimed to be, once again you're putting words in my mouth Trooper.

Cyak,

No harm intended, lets move on.
  • robo_dork likes this

#22 King Slender

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

If peeps want to play together, regardless of talent, then they should be allowed. Christ, I remember half the server switching sides to the nub friendly vehicles,(maps with zeros, stangs, m10's). If a few guys, regardless of skill set, want to play together and the server settings, (not admin opinion settings) allow, then so be it. I've been on plenty of pub maps that look like our team cant lose on the start, and we end up getting our A$$ whooped! Admin may think they can pre determine outcome, but the fact is they cant. The players can. Leave the game in the hands of the players.
  • duff likes this

#23 Lin

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

You have missed the entire point, Slender. We're not trying to determine the outcome. We just want many people of many different skill levels to be able to have fun playing together. It's called the "big picture" and it's located well beyond your nose.
  • LeftMouseShoot? and -=TheTroopeR=- like this

#24 Skepticali

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

You have missed the entire point, Slender. We're not trying to determine the outcome. We just want many people of many different skill levels to be able to have fun playing together. It's called the "big picture" and it's located well beyond your nose.

He's been trolling on several threads. He's either 12 or hates his life, maybe both.

#25 robo_dork

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

I too wasn't in game when this happened. BUT I have had the experience of trying to even up the teams on the disk server a couple of times. Been accused of being an abusive admin when this happened.

Rabid Animal couldn't have said it better :applaud: .

Seeing as how I've been in this same exact position before thought I'd pull out my Sherlock hat, pipe & magnifying :cowmoo:

So we're all on the same page it would seem that "constant kicks" may have been used incorrectly to describe the events/abuse.
Merriam-Webster
con·stant
adjective \ˈkän(t)-stənt\
Definition of CONSTANT
1: marked by firm steadfast resolution or faithfulness : exhibiting constancy of mind or attachment
2: invariable, uniform
3: continually occurring or recurring : regular
— con·stant·ly adverb

From what I can see...
Going back to November 7th there have been 15 players wearing the "·«|®|»·" tag on the Origin Server. Of these 15 players, there's been the same number of kicks, 15, against those wearing the "·«|®|»·" tag.
(8) Automatic kicks for "banned words in chat messages" - system initiated no admin intervention
(1) Kick for "In beach flag radius when tickets even" - player was Axis playing Omaha when Axis/Allies tickets evened up, kicked by admin to clear beach flag, server rules.
(1) Kick for "Impersonating Admin" - player kept threatening to kick another player, kicked by admin
(1) Kick for "Idling"
(1) Kick for "nade/expack spam"
(3) Kicks related to the event that spawned this thread. All 3 kicks on 1-28-13. 3 players = 1 kick each.

of those players wearing the "·«|®|»·" who have been kicked previously, 2 of them have been kicked while smurfing.
(1) Kick for "Do not taxi to planes" - player drove equipment to airplane,kicked by admin [me actually :)]
(1) Kick for "Disrupting gameplay" - player flew his airplane into group of his team on runway. Also drove his jeep to block/crash into his teams airplane taking off. [me again]

Looking at the players wearing the [101st Aîr] tag, there's been 2 kicks to those players.
(1) Kick for "In beach flag radius when tickets even" - Omaha Beach, see above for explanation.
(1) Kick for "high-ping" - system initiated auto kick - no admin intervention.

from the above, it doesn't seem to be a bias against the "·«|®|»·" tagged players, just servers being managed (as Sensei Rabid said earlier) "to make the game fun not only for yourself but for others in the server."
  • dodgem, -=TheTroopeR=-, Sillyminion and 2 others like this

#26 King Slender

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Who are you, (i know you run the joint, but listen)or any other admin to determine someones skill level. How many times has any player had a round that they remember wether its good or bad. Who is server admin to determine when or with whom that round will happen. Let the game play out....atleast thats what my nose tells me.

#27 Lin

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

That has nothing to do with the price of tea in China, and I won't be drawn into an argument with you. Stop trolling the forums, stop attacking others and please stop derailing topics.

#28 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

I too wasn't in game when this happened. BUT I have had the experience of trying to even up the teams on the disk server a couple of times. Been accused of being an abusive admin when this happened.

Rabid Animal couldn't have said it better :applaud: .

Seeing as how I've been in this same exact position before thought I'd pull out my Sherlock hat, pipe & magnifying :cowmoo:

So we're all on the same page it would seem that "constant kicks" may have been used incorrectly to describe the events/abuse.
Merriam-Webster
con·stant
adjective \ˈkän(t)-stənt\
Definition of CONSTANT
1: marked by firm steadfast resolution or faithfulness : exhibiting constancy of mind or attachment
2: invariable, uniform
3: continually occurring or recurring : regular
— con·stant·ly adverb

From what I can see...
Going back to November 7th there have been 15 players wearing the "·«|®|»·" tag on the Origin Server. Of these 15 players, there's been the same number of kicks, 15, against those wearing the "·«|®|»·" tag.
(8) Automatic kicks for "banned words in chat messages" - system initiated no admin intervention
(1) Kick for "In beach flag radius when tickets even" - player was Axis playing Omaha when Axis/Allies tickets evened up, kicked by admin to clear beach flag, server rules.
(1) Kick for "Impersonating Admin" - player kept threatening to kick another player, kicked by admin
(1) Kick for "Idling"
(1) Kick for "nade/expack spam"
(3) Kicks related to the event that spawned this thread. All 3 kicks on 1-28-13. 3 players = 1 kick each.

of those players wearing the "·«|®|»·" who have been kicked previously, 2 of them have been kicked while smurfing.
(1) Kick for "Do not taxi to planes" - player drove equipment to airplane,kicked by admin [me actually :)]
(1) Kick for "Disrupting gameplay" - player flew his airplane into group of his team on runway. Also drove his jeep to block/crash into his teams airplane taking off. [me again]

Looking at the players wearing the [101st Aîr] tag, there's been 2 kicks to those players.
(1) Kick for "In beach flag radius when tickets even" - Omaha Beach, see above for explanation.
(1) Kick for "high-ping" - system initiated auto kick - no admin intervention.

from the above, it doesn't seem to be a bias against the "·«|®|»·" tagged players, just servers being managed (as Sensei Rabid said earlier) "to make the game fun not only for yourself but for others in the server."

Robo, EXELENT !!

All players are valuable for me but there are exceptions, this guys looks that does not give anything to improove game experience but theirs, thank you admins for been vigilant and fair.

:applaud:

Edited by -=TheTroopeR=-, 31 January 2013 - 09:04 AM.

#29 shortY

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Eww, competitive players...

#30 Lin

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Comp players are great as long as they have the maturity to pace their game depending upon what other comp players are in (for balance) or to dial back the skill when there are mostly new or not-so-great players. It is unfortunate that after 10 years, there is still so much arrogance and ego...over a game...

#31 Enforcer

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

So, while this is good reading, I think the gist of it has been accomplished between Cyak and Lin and some others. So, as another bloke (Who runs this joint), I determine, as a bloke who runs this joint, this thread has served its purpose and will be closed. Just like that you say? Yep, just like that. Why? Cause I am one of the blokes who run this joint and as such, this community, it's ruleset, how we manage the game, how we manage the community is ENTIRELY up to us. Especially in the world of 1942, where the last time I checked has no rankings to worry about and that means our way is just fine with EA and the makers of the game. So, game on Moonies and non Moonies alike, either here or elsewhere if here don't tickle your fancy.
  • LeftMouseShoot? likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com