Photo

Invasion of Britain & Grand Theft Zeppelin

How to Install Video

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 posi

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:42 PM

You may have seen or heard about the Battle Zeppelins.  Now finally, they are ready to play!  These two Custom Maps have been added to the traditional maps running in a Christmas rotation!

Yes, BOTH of them, and they are available via map vote for those who download and join the backup Moongamers server!  

https://youtu.be/o6YdemzQ2iM

A Multi-Installer was crafted for your convenience.  It will Install

Invasion of Britain - NEW

Grand Theft Zeppelin - NEW

Santaland - A complete mod

Sheeperdeen - A custom map

Stonehenge - A custom map

Download : https://drive.google...de_qiTUezpRSRol

• King of the Squirrels, Captain John H. Miller, Escaped Mental Patient and 3 others like this

#2 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:23 PM

posi,

So I went ahead with the straightforward "download, drop in levels folder", however running the map on both my created game and the moon alternate server causes my game to go BOOP BOOP and crash.

I have failed at computering somehow...

#3 posi

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:24 PM

The development of 'Invasion of Britain' is ongoing, with Coop mode being added.  It has been tested extensively.  Older operating systems or hardware have had issues.  You may fall into this category, I know you play DC but this one map is more resource heavy than that actually.

The best help I can offer here is letting you know that no errors were likely on your end so you can stop fiddling with things.  This release leaves a small fraction of Battlefield 1942 capable users behind.  Your specifications are desired for future releases and debugging by the development team.

We, thankyou for trying.  This installer covers everything on the server, for those who want to attend events on that server please download with confidence!  Within this package there is a Santaland map named SL_Woods.  It is not in rotation on the server but left within the mod package.  If selected your PC is likely to act like you just added Nitrous Oxide to the Carburetor and you will be looking for the power switch.  Much worse than than the potential error message the 'Invasion' map may display.  We have consistently served the Santaland Mod which in fact never left the Beta stage.  One small map file left behind by the original developer that doesn't quite work is left in time for a future developer to see, and fix. 

It is in that spirit that this package is offered.  

We're anxious to get as many players as possible for this new map while it is being served!

#4 King of the Squirrels

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:07 PM

HI Harry

Did you use the exe installer that Posi made? Battlefield is picky. If you did a manual placement.

1. Download these .RFA files
2. Delete any previous versions of these maps
3. Copy and Paste into the following folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Archives\bf1942\levels

Did you place the map starting with mods?

#5 posi

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:15 PM

We should add that our combination installer uses the latest revision of this map. 

A 'stand alone' install for 'Invasion of Britain' would use the file/link below.  MODDB does not YET list this version though it has been submitted. 

Invasion of britain  ( only )  :  https://drive.google...d6058FGvLHptNeY

The installer, will overwrite any prior versions of files. The entire purpose of an installer is to place the correct files in the correct location and it was tested thoroughly and passed all test across multiple operating system installing correctly for CD / Abandonware / Origin.

The installer can be used as a ZIP extractor for manual placement for advanced users by choosing or creating a neutral directory to extract to and moving the desired maps from their to the levels directory or the Santaland Mod to the mod directory manually.  This is recommended over other methods as other versions of these files might exist online and differ from the files being served.   

#6 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:22 AM

Tried Posi's installer, everything is running fine now.

Extremely impressed with what you have accomplished here Squirrel and team!

Posi, you asked for specs, here is what speccy tells me:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 6400 @ 2.70GHz    32 °C
    Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1063MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H170 PRO GAMING (LGA1151)    28 °C
Graphics
    Acer K212HQL (1920x1080@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (ASUStek Computer Inc)    31 °C
Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

• posi likes this

#7 King of the Squirrels

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:36 AM

HI Harry

I glad you enjoyed the mod.

You have similar system spec. I have windows 7 with 32 gig of memory and gtx 660 video card.  The only I really would consider is adding more memory.  8 Gigs of ram is small for the more modern games which are designed with 16 gigs of memory as a minimum. That could be you bottle neck for alot thing Harry. Also memory is easy fix and usually easy to install.  If our own mental patient can install memory you can! :coo:.   Windows 10 is memory hog. 

I would buy or get a dual memory pack. it bect to put in matching pair of memory sticks.

#8 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:43 PM

Enjoyed is an understatement Squirrel. This is what BF1 could have been and when I figure out time travel I will convince young squirrel to do this back in the full server days.
Thanks for the ram advice. Black friday is coming!

EDIT: Black Friday has passed. Boxing Day is coming!

• posi, Grassy and Rotor Head like this

#9 Grassy

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:23 PM

HOLY SHT!  I played this today, you guys have hit it on the head.  The skins are awesome as well as the sounds for each particular as well as the gun sounds.  Not sure how you managed the bullets passing through the prop on the Tri-plane...but hey...i'm not complaining..  I'm gonna pass this around the world abit.   

All my thanks and respect to the mod team and the artists on the opening screen!! BRAVO!!

• King of the Squirrels, posi, Rubulator and 2 others like this

#10 King of the Squirrels

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:13 PM

Thanks Grassy!

• Grassy likes this

#11 BFJim2102

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

Here's some gameplay footage on both maps:

• posi, Escaped Mental Patient, Rotor Head and 3 others like this

#12 King of the Squirrels

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:28 PM

Great JOB JIM! whoo :coo: