Photo

Good Budget Gaming Computer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#21 Fuel §

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:45 PM

im not rly thinking of upgrading...but of buying a new computer. Heres a link

www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/sp1.asp?v=d

ill prob change it up a bit. ideas are helpful :) thx!

Fuel §

#22 AnonymousFlash

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:56 PM

Yea, I would jump on that pretty fast. Cyberpower's prices are great, but I've seen them change quickly. That will probably end up costing you about 950 if you up the RAM and graphics card. X2 3800 is a very nice processor, despite not being high end. I would keep that even though you don't want dual core.

#23 DerRaucher

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:24 PM

Go with the gf 7600 serie and get a power supply with 600watt.
Your mobo have sli, so is it easy to upgrade it with a second graphic-card in the future.

#24 Fuel §

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:25 PM

yea i think i might be able to dive into some extra funds. im unsure yet. what mobo should i go with? should i go with watercooled cooling device? and how much power? the only thing is that that computer doesnt incorporate a monitor which i would need.

#25 AnonymousFlash

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:53 PM

The watercooling would be nice, but it's probably not necessary. However, I don't know much about AMD processors or how hot they run...

Stupid pentium 4 :/

Edited by AnonymousFlash, 09 August 2006 - 03:54 PM.

#26 Fuel §

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:47 PM

yea I have a P4...every1 says that AMD is much better for gaming, so i decided to go with it. My new computer's date is unknown. I won't have the money i discovered for a little while..so im stuck with my old machine :( Hopefully if i can figure out the parts,,then i can get it ordered faster when i can afford.

#27 PerfectSilence

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:34 PM

Fuel, you're expecting way too much for $600. That won't cut it for a "fastish" computer. Sure, it would have 3 years ago, but if you want to run BF2 without it looking like a N64 Game then you're going to be spending at least something in the low 4 digit range. Heck, I spent 3 weeks researching this a few months ago. You won't be getting a hell of a lot for $600.

#28 glennwood_quagmire

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:39 PM

Right now you might want to throw down for a new Vid Card and anoth stick of 512.

GQ

#29 pest control

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:54 AM

you dont want watercooling, thats a cooling used for people that overclock and get high temps. and it costs alot.
you know, building computer yourself doesnt mean you will get by cheaper, its the oposite, you will spend more $ for computer, but you will get more performance out of it. if you have only $600 to spend, you will probably get more by buying one than building it.

I checked that cyberpowerpc.com, you can get a intel core2 duo for $640, thats a very good deal, i would google for reviews on this vendor and see if someone complained cuz they sound to good to be true, than call them and clear it if they actually mount up components or just ship out the parts. wether is Windows inclouded and installed or not...

#30 *=)AD(=* Trubl3

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:06 PM

If you want to save money and make sure your comp is totally awesome, I say build it yourself. If your in the USA you can go to www.newegg.com and look around.

I was very worried when I built my first computer, but just look up alot of tutorials, infact I have a link to a pretty nice page that shows step-by-step things.

http://sysbuild.cors...aspx?id=2&sid=1

Just think about it a bit. If not, then Dell would be your best bet for cheap computer, but keep in mind, often with a cheap computer ($) comes cheap components.

Hello AnonymousFlash, I am looking for a new Gaming Pc too and used the site you said (cyberpowerpc.com) but when i was looking at their website I saw they only sell their computers in the US.

Do you know, can you plz look for, a good (not very expansive) website where I can buy a gaming Computer. I live in Holland.

Ty in advance

Grtz Trubl3

#31 DerRaucher

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:29 PM

www.mindfactory.de

German PC-Store

#32 Fuel §

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:32 PM

im going to be able to spend more than $600 now. Probably about $1,000 or more. I just have to wait a few months and save.

#33 AnonymousFlash

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:12 PM

you dont want watercooling, thats a cooling used for people that overclock and get high temps. and it costs alot.
you know, building computer yourself doesnt mean you will get by cheaper, its the oposite, you will spend more $ for computer, but you will get more performance out of it. if you have only $600 to spend, you will probably get more by buying one than building it.

I checked that cyberpowerpc.com, you can get a intel core2 duo for $640, thats a very good deal, i would google for reviews on this vendor and see if someone complained cuz they sound to good to be true, than call them and clear it if they actually mount up components or just ship out the parts. wether is Windows inclouded and installed or not...

http://www.reviewcen...eviews3381.html

Everywhere I have looked, people say that you are taking a slight risk buying from them, because sometimes they do have issues. However, the majority of the time, they're fine and work great. I was referred to them by Macgyver, and he says he's only heard good things about them.

Edit: BTW, I've had no experiences with them, I was just showing their prices.

Edited by AnonymousFlash, 10 August 2006 - 09:14 PM.

#34 Rabbit

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:12 PM

my computer works great from cyberpower. evrything comes intact as well.

#35 PerfectSilence

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:12 PM

Since you can spend somewhere in the low 4 digit range, I suggest you take a look at Alienware's low-end models. I recently purchased an Aurora 7550, which is now manufactured as the Aurora 7500, and I am exceptionally happy with it. No Hardware issues or missing parts, all of which are high quality. Here is a link below...

Low-End Alienware Models <--- Link

#36 Fuel §

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:38 PM

Perfect do you recommend Intel Dual Core? Or an AMD?

EDIT: and single or dual vid cards?

Edited by Fuel §, 11 August 2006 - 12:39 PM.

#37 PerfectSilence

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:50 PM

Perfect do you recommend Intel Dual Core? Or an AMD?

EDIT: and single or dual vid cards?

AMD is better for gaming, far superior to Intel in that aspect. Look at benchmarks if you doubt me. I have an AMD 4600+, which is very similar to the 4400+, both of which are excellent. Intel is coming out with some new chips though which are supposed to knock the socks off of the best that AMD has to offer, I don't know when they are due to be released though.

Yes, dual cards are very good. I have two NVidia 7900 GT's in an SLI Setup. I run all my BF2 settings on high and I have my resolution on 1600X1200, and I get no lag whatsoever.

However, since you are getting a PC on a budget I would recommend sticking with one good Video Card. Get a 7900 GTX, or a PCI-E card, as AGP is being faded out.

#38 Fuel §

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:56 PM

psht screw Intel im not waiting for them to release *unless they release b4 i buy lol* I guess one rly good vid card would work. Seeing as Blade is selling two excellent ones I hear for $600. I want this computer to last a while hopefully..so if i need to upgrade i guess ill have to.

#39 AnonymousFlash

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:13 PM

Core 2 Duo has already been released Marc. The low end 1.83 ghz version of it beat an FX-62 in benchmarks.

Fuel, http://www.buyxg.com...onfigurator_top

I know it looks exactly like Cyberpower, but for some reason they have 3 sites under different names. However, it appears buyxg.com has slightly better prices.

Using that configurator I got this:
XION 2 Midtower Case, Athlon 64 3800 x2, EVGA nforce 4 sli chipest, 2 gigs of DDR, 7900gt, 160 gb hard drive, SB audigy SE all for 1000.

#40 PerfectSilence

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:17 PM

Core 2 Duo has already been released Marc. The low end 1.83 ghz version of it beat an FX-62 in benchmarks.

I know James, I was talking about something else. Let me see if I can find a website

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com