Photo

Good Budget Gaming Computer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#41 AnonymousFlash

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:19 PM

Oh, my bad. I thought I knew something you didn't for once. <_<

#42 Fuel §

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:26 PM

off topic for a min...but Flash I love your avatar lmfao i just noticed it.

#43 pest control

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:36 PM

if you have over $600, you should defenetly go core 2 duo, they are new cpu's and lower end is better than top AMD (the FX line) AMD used to be better before, but since conroe core is out intel rules, the conroe's are one of E6200-E6800 cpu's. check the benchmark sites
one of them- click here

I wouldnt buy from Alienware, when u buy from them, ur paying for the name, same system with same hardware costs $1000 less in these other online stores, and when u check, they dont even set the computers up right, look at the problems that alienware owners have. Alienware started making gaming rigs long ago and they are established as the one of the top, its just the name that makes tham so expensive. in this site you are getting a core 2 duo for $635 and its better than their $2500.

you know, for the Battlefield games, those are more GPU and ram intensive and thats where you will get bottleneck when it comes to frames per second, i would say put the extra $ in video card and memory, and just get a lower end Intel, intel E6400 is better than AMD FX 62, and AMD costs around $500 more. thats top AMD cpu and thats why they keep it that expensive, but its just not worth that much when u can get better with less $
when it comes to SLI, I dont know, looking at charts it doesnt look like your getting that much performance, its always just around 10% more, and ur paying double for it. i would get just one card, a nice GTX one and next year if i needed and have $, I would get the other one and make SLI, you just have to choose a mobo with 2 PCIe -X16 slots in the begining

#44 PerfectSilence

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:48 PM

I wouldnt buy from Alienware, when u buy from them, ur paying for the name, same system with same hardware costs $1000 less in these other online stores, and when u check, they dont even set the computers up right, look at the problems that alienware owners have. Alienware started making gaming rigs long ago and they are established as the one of the top, its just the name that makes tham so expensive. in this site you are getting a core 2 duo for $635 and its better than their $2500.

I beg to differ. I have had very few problems with mine, none of which were hardware. They set it up very nicely. They have a nice 200 point check system, and a nice hardware installation setup. Sure, you pay for the name, but the name wouldn't mean shit unless it was established. Alienware is a very good company.

#45 Catfish

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:57 PM

Ok this is what I'm sorta looking at:

Dell Dimension E310
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 524 w/HT Technology (3.06GHz,533FSB)
Operating System: Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
RAM: 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz -2DIMMs (then buy another gig at newegg, Dell wants an extra $130 for 2 gigs)
HDD: 160GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/ 8MB cache
CD/DVD Drive: Single Drive: 48x CD-RW / DVD-ROM Combo Drive
Monitor: 17 inch E177FP Analog Flat Panel
Video Card: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 (scrap that one then buy one at newegg for playing BF2/BF2142)
Sound: Integrated 2.0 Channel High Definition Audio

thats about it.
Any good???

I would never buy a Dell Dimension for gaming. Actually, I'd never buy a Dimension for anything - you get very cheap components. Cyberpowerpc is good if you are on a budget or check out Systemax at tigerdirect.com.

#46 Death Trap

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:20 PM

I would go core 2 for better performance...If you really want pre-built, this looks like the best deal around Clicky

The only things I upgraded were, 1 Gig DDR2 ram, Geforce 7600GT and a 500W PSU. Total comes to about $900 (no monitor)

#47 pest control

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:22 PM

I beg to differ. I have had very few problems with mine, none of which were hardware. They set it up very nicely. They have a nice 200 point check system, and a nice hardware installation setup. Sure, you pay for the name, but the name wouldn't mean shit unless it was established. Alienware is a very good company.

lol, Im not saying Alienware is bad, what Im saying is that theres better.
how much did you pay for your computer Marc, and tell me its ok to have "very few problems" for that $.
I built my own computer and their same set up cost more than twice as what I spent. theres a difference in my point of view, i know how to build computers.
in these sites like cyberpowerpc, your goin in with luck, check the reviews and think before deciding where u gona buy as it can turn way more expensive than Alienware

#48 Fuel §

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:38 PM

Ok this is what I'm sorta looking at:

Dell Dimension E310
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 524 w/HT Technology (3.06GHz,533FSB)
Operating System: Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
RAM: 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz -2DIMMs (then buy another gig at newegg, Dell wants an extra $130 for 2 gigs)
HDD: 160GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/ 8MB cache
CD/DVD Drive: Single Drive: 48x CD-RW / DVD-ROM Combo Drive
Monitor: 17 inch E177FP Analog Flat Panel
Video Card: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 (scrap that one then buy one at newegg for playing BF2/BF2142)
Sound: Integrated 2.0 Channel High Definition Audio

thats about it.
Any good???

I would never buy a Dell Dimension for gaming. Actually, I'd never buy a Dimension for anything - you get very cheap components. Cyberpowerpc is good if you are on a budget or check out Systemax at tigerdirect.com.

well acutally my dad bought that one. He didn't intent it for gaming. neither did i really. I got in2 gaming a few months after buying the computer. Also we kinda needed a computer fast cuz my crappy ass Gateway laptop flat out died.

#49 AnonymousFlash

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:48 PM

Just in case you missed this link Fuel,

http://www.buyxg.com...onfigurator_top

Using that configurator I got this:
XION 2 Midtower Case, Athlon 64 3800 x2, EVGA nforce 4 sli chipest, 2 gigs of DDR, 7900gt, 160 gb hard drive, SB audigy SE all for 1000

#50 Fuel §

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:46 PM

i saw. I dont have enouf cash yet to buy anything. So i'm saving like crazy..searching for jobs. *not many for a 13 y/o* Ill looking at sites. browsing and matching prices.

P.S. I never miss anything :)

#51 AnonymousFlash

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:46 AM

Fuel, do you like sports? Im 13 as well, and I will be getting a job as a soccer referee soon. In my city, it pays about 10 bucks a game. :D

#52 Fuel §

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:13 AM

yea im in2 sports. I used to play soccer but havnt for the past year. I might find a job at the local PAL. idk yet tho cuz i mostly do cross country and track and those are with school.

#53 PerfectSilence

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:35 PM

To be honest with you Fuel, I don't know of any legal jobs that you could do at the age of 13. I mean, a job where you could earn something. Maybe find a family member or friend who has a family run business and make some money there.

My suggestion is to get the best computer you can now, because it's going to be awhile, about 2 years, before you can start making some serious money.

#54 Fuel §

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:39 PM

i know its messed up. Im looking around for odd jobs and friend's businesses stuff like that. If i can't find anything good then my parents are probably going to be getting my computer for me for Christmas.

#55 AnonymousFlash

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:05 PM

To be honest with you Fuel, I don't know of any legal jobs that you could do at the age of 13. I mean, a job where you could earn something. Maybe find a family member or friend who has a family run business and make some money there.

My suggestion is to get the best computer you can now, because it's going to be awhile, about 2 years, before you can start making some serious money.

*Cough* Referee! :pokey:
Only have to be 13 here. :ph34r:

#56 Fuel §

Posted 13 August 2006 - 09:14 PM

*Cough* Referee! :pokey:
Only have to be 13 here. :ph34r:

yea i think i can ref at 13 in my town, Jersey 4 lyfe lol

#57 USN_KniveS

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:20 PM

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 2000MHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - Retail $147
ECS RX480-A (1.0) Socket 939 ATI XPRESS 200P ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail - $57
Sky Hawk/Eagle Tech PSR5601W-SL ATXALUMGT Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail $50 + $15 instant savings = $35
Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply - Retail $70
SAPPHIRE 100106L Radeon X850XT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail $119 - $30 rebate
OCZ S.O.E 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZSOE4002GK - Retail $199 + $25 rebate
= $642 w/o rebates or savings
= $573 w/rebate and savings

all from newegg
you got your cpu,mobo,mem,video card, case and power supply. everything else ie monitor,keyboard etc you can just recycle the parts from your old comp. heh. with only $600 you cant really expect the latest and greatest.

#58 Fuel §

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:35 AM

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 2000MHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - Retail $147
ECS RX480-A (1.0) Socket 939 ATI XPRESS 200P ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail - $57
Sky Hawk/Eagle Tech PSR5601W-SL ATXALUMGT Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail $50 + $15 instant savings = $35
Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply - Retail $70
SAPPHIRE 100106L Radeon X850XT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail $119 - $30 rebate
OCZ S.O.E 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZSOE4002GK - Retail $199 + $25 rebate
= $642 w/o rebates or savings
= $573 w/rebate and savings

all from newegg
you got your cpu,mobo,mem,video card, case and power supply. everything else ie monitor,keyboard etc you can just recycle the parts from your old comp. heh. with only $600 you cant really expect the latest and greatest.

I'm going to spend more than $600 now. More like low 4 digit. I'm saving like crazy now and waiting. I got a lotta recommendations from you guys in this thread so thx! I guess it can just drift away or ppl can input more opinions. As for me I continue to look at prices and check back here at the advice.

so thx to everyone that inputted and opinion!! :cowdance:

#59 Fitztroyer

Posted 25 November 2006 - 12:43 PM

would this be able to play BF2/2142? Total cost: $616

CASE: ATX MEDIUM TOWER CASE 350 WATT (SILVER COLOR)
CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlon™64 3800+ CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
MOTHERBOARD: (Socket AM2)GigaByte GA-M55SLI-S4 nForce4 SLI Chipset DDR2/800 SATA 16x PCI-Express MBoard w/GbLAN, IEEE1394, USB2.0, &7.1Audio
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)512MB PC6400 DDR2/800 Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: ATI Radeon X1600XT 16X PCI-E 256MB VIDEO CARD
VIDEO CARD 2: NONE
LCD Monitor: NONE
HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (200GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Data Hard Drive: NONE
Optical Drive: (Special Price) 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: NONE
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

#60 Snake

Posted 25 November 2006 - 12:57 PM

Doesn't ATI use crossfire and not SLI?

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com