Photo

Spawning under ocean when i try to spawn at a base

spawning under ocean

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Bones

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:34 AM

i have posted a topic on exilemod.com about this issue.  i have received a few replies. They are saying it is a client side issue.  you coders and admins can go check it on the site.   tis is a copy of one of the replies.    13 hours ago, hogansheroes said:

Can you tell me how that would be done as i sometimes have peeps spawning at the bottom left but not all the time on my altis server

In the default Exile Client sqf  ExileClient_gui_selectSpawnLocation_show the _spawnButton controller is already set to false. It's not until you select a spawn that it becomes functional. Usually what's happening is a Server owner is using a new spawn system where at the end of the sqf you find _spawnButton ctrlEnable true; not within a statement so the control is active 24/7. What you need to do is remove that and add it to either the zoom to spawn statement or to the function that was created to display the new spawn. This is all based off custom spawn systems i.e. xtreme, Super Jerome, Stokes, ect. Bottom line is there is a  line of code enabling the spawn button before a selection has been made. Need to fix that and it will never happen again.

Edited 

11 hours ago

by Beowulfv

#2 CrDraggin

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:42 AM

Can you provide a link to the post?

#3 Dr Bones

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:10 AM

Can you provide a link to the post?

Z80CPU is correct, this would be a server side issue that the owners would have to fix. However, you are sure that you are selecting the spawn first, allowing it to zoom in on the location, this ensures the server has it selected, and then clicking spawn? Try it like that and see if it still spawns you in the bottom left corner of the map. If it does, then it is on them to fix it. If this fixes the issue then it has to do with latency between you and the server where the server is not detecting your spawn selection before you click spawn. There is an easy fix to this that the owners can do where the disable the spawn button until it is ready for the player to spawn at the selected location, but I won't get into that here since it is out of your power.

Z80CPU is correct, this would be a server side issue that the owners would have to fix. However, you are sure that you are selecting the spawn first, allowing it to zoom in on the location, this ensures the server has it selected, and then clicking spawn? Try it like that and see if it still spawns you in the bottom left corner of the map. If it does, then it is on them to fix it. If this fixes the issue then it has to do with latency between you and the server where the server is not detecting your spawn selection before you click spawn. There is an easy fix to this that the owners can do where the disable the spawn button until it is ready for the player to spawn at the selected location, but I won't get into that here since it is out of your power.

http://www.exilemod....#comment-192494

#4 Dr Bones

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:13 AM

On 5/20/2018 at 9:04 PM, hogansheroes said:

Can you tell me how that would be done as i sometimes have peeps spawning at the bottom left but not all the time on my altis server

In the default Exile Client sqf  ExileClient_gui_selectSpawnLocation_show the _spawnButton controller is already set to false. It's not until you select a spawn that it becomes functional. Usually what's happening is a Server owner is using a new spawn system where at the end of the sqf you find _spawnButton ctrlEnable true; not within a statement so the control is active 24/7. What you need to do is remove that and add it to either the zoom to spawn statement or to the function that was created to display the new spawn. This is all based off custom spawn systems i.e. xtreme, Super Jerome, Stokes, ect. Bottom line is there is a  line of code enabling the spawn button before a selection has been made. Need to fix that and it will never happen again.

Edited  Sunday at 10:18 PM by Beowulfv

#5 Dr Bones

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:24 AM

ok craig don't know if any of this is going to help they don't tell much but the replies i got and tried to make sure i put  at leat some of the links

#6 Dr Bones

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:44 AM

here is another answer i got don't know if it will help

1. In the default Exile Client sqf ExileClient_gui_selectSpawnLocation_show the _spawnButton controller is already set to false. It's not until you select a spawn that it becomes functional. Usually what's happening is a Server owner is using a new spawn system where at the end of the sqf you find _spawnButton ctrlEnable true; not within a statement so the control is active 24/7. What you need to do is remove that and add it to either the zoom to spawn statement...
  2. fbfcb0410a9d1e4681389d64b60205be9e902df1

Beowulfv replied to R3T2RN's topic in Anti Hack

That UID is currently banned by infiSTAR
  3. fbfcb0410a9d1e4681389d64b60205be9e902df1

#7 CrDraggin

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:24 AM

I am watching the thread too, no need for more copy of replies in here. Unless you want to of course. :-)

There are a few areas I can look into, but I want to check the script developer and see if there is a reason for his code being done there too. I will test on the test server once I can get this darn chernarus server working, but CUp mods are being funky, so we will see.

Thanks again for the help,
Cr

#8 Dr Bones

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:16 AM

ok

#9 Dr Bones

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:28 PM

//craig i noticed something  when i was searching for answers on exilemod.com   theys have a discord server supposedly you can talk to developers.  they might have an idea about the spawning under ocean. there was noone in there when i was there. it might help it might not

#10 CrDraggin

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:28 AM

This is the only and main thread regarding spawning in the ocean for the spawn script. If other players have the same issue, please post here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com