Photo

Long time player/Vid maker, first time Moongamer

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ya Gramps

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:13 PM

Hey everyone- I'm Ya Gramps.

I used to play '42 all the time back when we had the 3FL server going in Australia, but would occasionally jump on Moongamers and was always impressed by to community spirit there. Now that 3FL is long gone, I have Moongamers to thank for keeping servers alive on my server browser! I'm looking forward to the days ahead with all of you fine people :)

So that I don't arrive empty handed, here's a clip I put together a while ago of some crazy and great memories I have of Bf 1942:

https://www.youtube....h?v=3fWWTZ4lnm4

• posi, Eliminator and Highway Man like this

#2 posi

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:51 PM

Welcome YT Gramps 

I know first hand that a lot of work goes into editing a video to make it a 'decent thing'.    All, for the love of the game when it comes to 42!

This is one of the last populated servers with free cam.  If you film here..  you have the option to capture as a player or add in no-hud cinematic shots.  

#3 Highway Man

Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:36 PM

Excellent video!

Welcome to the forums.

See ya' on the Battlefield, :pwned:  Soldier.

#4 dodgem

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:04 PM

Hey Gramps! Welcome back and welcome to the forums. Good to have ya!

#5 Ya Gramps

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:12 AM

Thanks everyone!

This is one of the last populated servers with free cam.  If you film here..  you have the option to capture as a player or add in no-hud cinematic shots.  

I noticed that- do you guys have any thoughts on FreeCameraBaseSpeed? I used to play around with it a lot and (if I remember this right) 2.45 or so ended up being great for filming because fast cam was nearly the speed of a cruising plane while slow cam was almost exactly the speed that infantry runs.

#6 posi

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:29 PM

Well.. , I do now.

The speed is a '3 on the tree' transmission with no clutch, no throttle.  Always an aggravation.  

I reduce mouse sensitivity somewhat.  Enough so that I can move to each bottleneck relatively quickly, follow planes, yet hopefully be able to mouse view right to left without incurring skips in position.  Which you would normally want in gaming, no lag movement.  Reducing sensitivity farther would guarantee smooth left to right but you lose speed in following the action in general, being in the right place at the right time.  I attempt to compensate a medium high sensitivity with a lenience on keyboard and acquired skill.  

In other words, minimizing skips in speed transition (changing a gear with no clutch) is compensated by changing my view ,  I may spin around them and capture from a different angle, or set up for the next shot.   I also have inserted small visual tricks such as a slow 'mouse up' at the same time you shift from walk to run.  The motion hides the speed change and it looks fluid even though it isn't.

There is going to be edit.  No one want to watch a free cam spin around looking for possibilities on the map.  I reduce this usually with a second pc and an enlarged map to glance which will guide me to the hot spots.  Edit, for me is more a process of opening the package to see if anything is there.  I'll tag scenes with maybe 1sec extra at each end point for transition insertion and move on.

#7 Highway Man

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:51 PM

Welcome YT Gramps 

I know first hand that a lot of work goes into editing a video to make it a 'decent thing'.    All, for the love of the game when it comes to 42!

Posi, whats no hud mean?? :) 

#8 posi

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:09 PM

H.U.D.  =  Heads Up Display ( Crosshairs, minimap, ect ) 

• Highway Man likes this

#9 Highway Man

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:06 PM

Thanks!

#10 posi

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:26 PM

Bump :  Just embedding the subject video.  (  http instead of https )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com